Nation on edge

webfact

2 hours ago, Ace of Pop said:

Id let em get there,then bus em all back to Laos where all these Thai/Lao Immigrants came from originally..?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I think you should take some time to read about the history of Thailand. Origins of Thai people,  historic border shift agreements with neighbouring countries and today's demographics of cultural ethnicity within Thailand should be some things to consider before making a statement that comes across as unresearched to say the least. 

1 minute ago, b2bme said:

I think you should take some time to read about the history of Thailand. Origins of Thai people,  historic border shift agreements with neighbouring countries and today's demographics of cultural ethnicity within Thailand should be some things to consider before making a statement that comes across as unresearched to say the least. 

Has that got any cars in it? Ace likes cars.

2 minutes ago, hathairat2711 said:

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/court-issues-yingluck-arrest-warrant-fails-show/

The Supreme Court’s Criminal Division for Holders of Political Positions today issued warrant for the arrest of ex-premier Yingluck Shinawatra after she failed to appear in the court to hear her judgement on the rice pledging scheme.

That has got to be the fastest arrest warrant in the history of the enchanted kingdom. No dicking about with translation of 30-odd pages of documents and no debate about where she is.

...if she's where they think she is of course.

4 hours ago, Thechook said:

Checking papers and asking where they are going.  Freedom isnt really one of Prayuths likes.  The military shouldnt be oppressing citizens like this, its archaic and barbaric and no place in modern society.

ideology and reality are often at odds... i mean look at the united states and great Britain...  logically speaking Brexit never should have passed and trump should never have been president but here we are!

25 minutes ago, b2bme said:

He can probably just about read , comprehension would be a stretch though.

3 hours ago, chainarong said:

I wish I could agree and if it wasn't Thailand I probably would, however in some area's it isn't a modern society, for a reason , Long term Thai watchers  know that reason, however whilst Thailand accepts the motor vehicle, smart phones, smart TV , facebook and all the western gimmicks and trimmings but  remains a recalcitrant as a modern thinking society ( when it suits)  it will always remain an emerging third world country,  pity , back in 1997 it had great potential.   

Things have improved a lot since 1997.

19 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

That has got to be the fastest arrest warrant in the history of the enchanted kingdom. No dicking about with translation of 30-odd pages of documents and no debate about where she is.

...if she's where they think she is of course.

I hope she hasn't spoiled anyones breakfast.

13 hours ago, Thechook said:

Checking papers and asking where they are going.  Freedom isnt really one of Prayuths likes.  The military shouldnt be oppressing citizens like this, its archaic and barbaric and no place in modern society.

Yes, this government deserves the worst shiiite to happen ! How can people accept to be oppressed like this ?

Funny, when you consider the number of military coups in 'democratic' Thailand in the last 50 years. I would imagine most Thais have spent most of their lives living on the edge, bemused spectators drawn into one avoidable crisis after another.

On 8/24/2017 at 6:58 PM, Thechook said:

Ah, there lies your problem.  You have a misunderstanding of the word "modern".

1 hour ago, Joebuzz said:

Yep, everything accept the collective I.Q.

Not an easy thing to measure, but looking at averages of test results prior to 2000 and post 2000, it appears there has been some improvement, certainly there is not evidence to suggest that IQ's are lowering in Thailand and it remains well within the top 20 most intelligent countries in the world, despite what some expats might have you believe.

http://humanvarieties.org/2014/07/16/hvgiq-thailand/#section1c

22 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

Not an easy thing to measure, but looking at averages of test results prior to 2000 and post 2000, it appears there has been some improvement, certainly there is not evidence to suggest that IQ's are lowering in Thailand and it remains well within the top 20 most intelligent countries in the world, despite what some expats might have you believe.

http://humanvarieties.org/2014/07/16/hvgiq-thailand/#section1c

Oh, so this is BS...https://www.worlddata.info/iq-by-country.php?   It is a compilation of nine studies.

25 minutes ago, Joebuzz said:

Oh, so this is BS...https://www.worlddata.info/iq-by-country.php?   It is a compilation of nine studies.

The link I quoted seems to be just a tad more comprehensive.  Yours states, "The studies are not entirely uncontroversial as they're often considering only specific population groups or only a few individuals per countries."