Moggie mayhem as python invades Thai home in morning attack

webfact

Just a quick reminder that if you find yourself face to face with a snake or face to face with a cat, please consider which of the two could be lethal to you and your family!!?

I love or at most respect all animals, depending if its a snake or a cat, but the real pest in this issue that had to be killed, was the snake!!!!

In which city did this occur?

What would be the good way to avoid the snakes getting in through the pipes?

17 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Just a quick reminder that if you find yourself face to face with a snake or face to face with a cat, please consider which of the two could be lethal to you and your family!!?

I love or at most respect all animals, depending if its a snake or a cat, but the real pest in this issue that had to be killed, was the snake!!!!

In which city did this occur?

What would be the good way to avoid the snakes getting in through the pipes?

See Post #16 re pipes.

Every time I meet a snake they hurry away.... I even one time step on a 1.5 m rat snake in the kitchen at night.....
Newer got bitten or anythinge......

Maybe I smell.....

If you not panic and start to do fast moves they really are not dangerous...
Of cause I would not recommend anybody to start to pet a king cobra.... 

On 8/29/2017 at 10:48 AM, WinnieTheKhwai said:

Good on her.  <3  Hope the snake is dead.

Sad to see comments like this.  Pythons (at least one of this size) are no danger to adult humans.  It would have been easy to move the remaining cats to another room, close the door and call the nearest snake rescue place.  Too many people kill things they don't understand.

5 hours ago, observer90210 said:

You have to be pretty ignorant to not know a python when you see one.  Their markings are so distinctive as is the shape of their head.  Only a very large python would attempt to swallow a child, and any python that could swallow an adult human would be close to a world record.

A cobra, or a krait, sure, I can understand people killing it.  But even then, you're more likely to be bitten trying to kill it, than you would be if you left it for the snake catchers to deal with.

21 minutes ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

You have to be pretty ignorant to not know a python when you see one.  Their markings are so distinctive as is the shape of their head.  Only a very large python would attempt to swallow a child, and any python that could swallow an adult human would be close to a world record.

A cobra, or a krait, sure, I can understand people killing it.  But even then, you're more likely to be bitten trying to kill it, than you would be if you left it for the snake catchers to deal with.

No misunderstandings...as I would not try to mess round with a magnificent King Cobra taking stroll on my terrace or in my bedroom...my initial point was plainly to consider a higher level of tolerence towards soi cats rathen the friendly soi cobras or other...:sleep:

Edited by observer90210

21 hours ago, transam said:

Some very strange comments here about cat's....Perhaps they have never reared one from a kit to be part of the family and take care of stuff they take care of..

I have had cats and snakes too. Preferred the snakes.

they really need laws on the amounts of pets people can keep here, when you see houses full of cats or dogs you really have to wonder at the mental abilities of the owners, if they stopped breeding them all maybe we would see a drastic reduction in street animals

Yes in an ideal world..the neighbours opposite have 5 dogs who howl even at the slightest disturbance....smelly and they never bathe them...thankfully they are far away enough...but in my soi there must be over 50 dogs....food from the temple..so they are well fed...oh breeding..they just jump on each other :-) :-)!

Please excuse spelling mistakes/misunderstanding
Best
HM