Chang Beer

Today I purchased 4 cases of small cans of tha above, no problem 708.00 baht per case of 24. As of 1st September I was informed this would increase to 750.00. Why? Slightly different but how many cases of Beer Lao can I bring back from my annual trip which will be on September 4th?

regards.

Simple maths. 24 cans of Chang at 320ml each for 708 Baht equals 92.18 Baht per litre. 12 Bottles at 630ml each for 568 Baht equals 75.13 Baht per litre. Can sell the empty bottles for about the same as you'd get for the scrap aluminium price.

Didn't need the math lesson. Plain and simple I don't like Chang in bottles.

I drank Stella In the U.K. always cans, never bottled, Sure was a difference in taste. Being partially disabled small cans are light and more easily transported from my kitchen to living room.

Have a nice day.

My questions were why the vast price hike and how many cases of Beer Lao can I bring back from my annual trip on Monday - don't want to break the law ha ha.

Cheers.

7 hours ago, Paul Laycock1 said:

My questions were why the vast price hike and how many cases of Beer Lao can I bring back from my annual trip on Monday - don't want to break the law ha ha.

Cheers.

Depends upon how many you can fit into your vehicle ha ha :clap2:

11 hours ago, eefoo said:

Simple maths. 24 cans of Chang at 320ml each for 708 Baht equals 92.18 Baht per litre. 12 Bottles at 630ml each for 568 Baht equals 75.13 Baht per litre. Can sell the empty bottles for about the same as you'd get for the scrap aluminium price.

Interesting,

I give my empty cans and plastic bottles away to a Thai friend who collects and sell them.

He doesn't want empty glass bottles, beer - soda - whisky - vodka, cannot sell them he claims.

Regarding import quantity the information I found says
"ONE LITER of alcoholic beverages per traveller.. Thai customs does not differentiate bewteen beer/wine/liquor.. It's one liter period.."

Sent from my SM-C900F using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, agudbuk said:

Regarding import quantity the information I found says
"ONE LITER of alcoholic beverages per traveller.. Thai customs does not differentiate bewteen beer/wine/liquor.. It's one liter period.."

that is also my understanding,

my fav. booze is difficult to find in LoS, hence on 3 occasions I have inquired with customs at Swampy

if I can bring more than 1 bottle, use red channel and pay customs/tax.

The answer was simply NO WAY you can.

If you want to bring more than one you need to arrange an import licence before you arrive.

Two of the customs chaps commented that it is reasonably quick and easy to get such a licence.

petermik, I have an ISUZU high cab pick up so quite a few I imagine.
So what's the limit to get through customs without hassles.
1 litre if you do not have an import licence.