Pattaya authorities out with their tape measures reclaiming Cozy Beach

webfact

Pattaya authorities out with their tape measures reclaiming Cozy Beach

21151576_1637678492919745_8875192547118891812_n.jpg

Picture: Sophon Cable

Pattaya authorities descended on Cozy Beach on Monday to reclaim part of the sandy shore for the public from deckchair operators.

Armed with tape measures the 16 strong party were telling the operators where they could and could not set up their businesses.

The operation has already been accomplished at Pattaya beach and Jomtien and now the authorities are moving on to Koh Lan, Pratumnak, Wong Amat and Cozy.

Operators are restricted to an allotted space 7x9 meters in size and are prevented from doing business on selected days.

Sophon Cable said that 47% of the beach at Cozy was reclaimed for public use under the new measures.

A Thai poster on Facebook commented jadedly that things would revert to normal as soon as the authorities left.

Source: Sophon Cable

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-08-30

In many beach resort countries across the world, the local operators or restaurant owners always try to nibble of illegal extra space.

The chaps need to be checked and the laws enforced almost on a weekly basis. This is common in many european beach resorts during summer.

Thailand is no exception and unless the authorities enforce the law on a regular basis and do not fall for tea money (sic), nothing will change.

6 hours ago, catman20 said:

new be ??????????? 

Not really, but can't remember having been there. Certainly didn't know it by this name. Then again, going to the beach in Pattaya is less often on my to-do-list these days; guess getting older, I care more about water quality than I used to...

Edited by StayinThailand2much

2 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Not really, but can't remember having been there. Certainly didn't know it by this name. Then again, going to the beach in Pattaya is less often on my to-do-list these days; guess getting older, I care more about water quality than I used to...

fair point, it the beach next to the royal yacht club