Lost in Translation: Thailand offers course for women who marry foreigners

snoop1130

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting that they seem to be cashing in on foreign men to supply Thailand and Thai families with money.  Rather like prostituting out your own daughter in a sense. 

Be interesting too to see how much money flows the other way - but then that's probably a stupid question. Zero would be my guess.

I haven't dropped by here for a long time because it was always so negative. Good to see nothing has changed, 90% of the posts are rubbishing Thais and Thailand.
Which compels me to say that my (Isaan) wife of almost 10 years is the most wonderful human being I have ever known. 1 of seven children from a dirt poor family of rice farmers and I have never been hit up for one baht. They are honest, hard working people and I am honoured to have been accepted into the family. So there are exceptions.

21 minutes ago, sfbandung said:

I haven't dropped by here for a long time because it was always so negative. Good to see nothing has changed, 90% of the posts are rubbishing Thais and Thailand.
Which compels me to say that my (Isaan) wife of almost 10 years is the most wonderful human being I have ever known. 1 of seven children from a dirt poor family of rice farmers and I have never been hit up for one baht. They are honest, hard working people and I am honoured to have been accepted into the family. So there are exceptions.

Agreed, there are more than a few exceptions so guess it's the luck of the draw - and it's not confined to Isaan to get the booby prize. 

48 minutes ago, sfbandung said:

well framed "exceptions" as you put it.

14 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Ah huh...

...divorce procedures, maintenance allowance, heritage regulation, accident insurance claims, legal procedures after balcony falls, and claim of husbands pension money after death,?

Edited by Lupatria

101 top ten:

1/   where is his pension?

2/   have they signed a will in your favour?

3/   get him to buy a house not a condo for land reasons

4/   get a join bank account

5/   make sure he doesn't have too many pesky farang friends advising him

6/   integrate with your family

7/   buy some pets to strengthen that 'bond'

8/   visit his country and ensure his previous family know you are now da boss

9/   encourage him to distance from previous kids or if not limit access

10/ make sure you know all his finances (for love's sake) so you can be  'looked after' in all circumstances

Edited by LannaGuy

"If the Western man does not understand the family dynamics, this can cause a lot of problems"......

You mean "accept". Plenty of us understand the family dynamics, we're just not prepared to accept (put up with) them.  

Will be nice if we can get free Thai classes too.... Mwy be very useful for most "farangs"...

My 53 years old wife speak perfect English because she was educated in the UK for a while, but she told me many times that she never will marry a man that cannot communicate with her fluently. I agree. Took me 3 years here to find a Thai woman I can have a nice conversation with.

She also told me that most women friends she have, married with foreigners with language problems, specially the ones  beautiful and with large age difference with their spouses, are cheating their husbands with Thai men. Why?... She said something that I believe is totally true. She said that love and seduction doesn't happens because money and convenience, happens most by smood and sweet talk that for most women are more important than looks, age, and sex. I believe that my Thai wife of 7 years really loves me, even if she is very beautiful and I am a lot older, fat....and poor too..but..I am also Italian, a good cook, and an incurable romantic and silly guy.

Thanks God she speak English...I cannot learn Thai at all!

Edited by Muzarella

25 minutes ago, Katipo said:

"If the Western man does not understand the family dynamics, this can cause a lot of problems"......

You mean "accept". Plenty of us understand the family dynamics, we're just not prepared to accept (put up with) them.  

True statement....

1 hour ago, car720 said:

Why do I still sit in amazement at people who are not aware that women of any race, creed, religion or whatever,  will always do what they want to do and whenever they want to do it.

I'm also fully aware that applies to men as well.

32 minutes ago, Roger Harris said:

What a load of crap. Teach them not to steal off old men, and not to lie all the time. I enjoy life without one of these

cretins. And no I have not been caught, money still in bank overseas  Yipee

You are one of the few smart ones. CHOKEDEE.

What % of GDP was that in 2004?  I wonder what it was 2016?  I imagine the only thing they can track is about of money wired to Thailand. 122 million.  Did the 15,000 number refer to the number if interacial marriages or those who moved overseas?