Dash Cam recommendations?

MickeyMaow

I agree with Baywatch, even if you do not buy from Lazada it does give you a good idea what is available and the price.   Better to list what features you require it to have and make a decision from there.

Record Quality from VGA to 4k

Forward camera or forward+look back camera

Do you want it to have a screen

Do you want it to have bluetooth for smart phone connectivity

Do you require GPS (For a speed stamp on screen)

Do you require  a shock sensor.

Some only take a 32gb memory card others up to 128gb .

Just some of the features available.  I fitted an Ambarella 0805 from Lazada a couple of years ago.  I know others disagree with me on this but I wanted a tiny camera that fitted behind the rearview mirror.  I cannot see it in normal use so I am not distracted by it. Auto start stop with the ignition.  Record quality is super HD and takes 128gb card so records for about 8 hours before overwriting.

Here's where you can get the info to make a decent decision about what features you want and what's available.  I have two G1W cameras that I bought from OK Computers at the rear of Icon Square and they have been trouble free for almost two years.  Cost was 1600 baht each including an 8Gb card and the output quality is as good as I need.  Many fakes of all brands around here.

2 minutes ago, Greenside said:

Did you manage to get that in Thailand?  I know it's becoming standard practice in the UK but, given that the insurers here are anything but proactive as far as road safety goes, I didn't even ask here.

My last renewal, between the time of quoting (used a broker) and me paying the insurer had increast the policy cost by 1800b... I told the broker to bad too sad ive paid what you qouted so you will have to suck it up.

weeks go by and no policy ever arrived so I called them and they insisted I had to pay the extra amount, I refused and told her to sort it with her manager or refund my money........... they came back with "if you have a camera fitted then the extra is not needed".

Policy arrived 3 days later via EMS.

I've had this one for a few months and it works great...

https://www.lazada.co.th/xiaomi-yi-dashcam-1080p-car-wifi-dvr-gray-32311029.html?spm=a2o4l.other.0.0.BUnUdH

It has has a nice english smartphone app that allow easy setting of things... you can view everything on the app...

Before I had a cheapy one and after a few week I took out the micro sim and went to view the clips on my computer and found that ALL of the clips on the sim were unreadable and corrupted!... so anyone who has a cam might make sure that it is actually making usable recordings...

Other things to consider are the view angle which seems to vary from 130-180 degrees... I would not recommend one that is on the low(130 side...

also so look at the image quality... below HD quality and the videos are not really that good...

1 hour ago, MickeyMaow said:

I knew people would recommend Lazada. I don't have time to wait I don't have time to wait for Lazada I want for a gift on Monday.

It's Thursday, if you order from a seller on Lazada that is either in Thailand and/or offers expedited shipping it could be here by Saturday or Sunday.

57 minutes ago, lordblackader said:

It's Thursday, if you order from a seller on Lazada that is either in Thailand and/or offers expedited shipping it could be here by Saturday or Sunday.

I baught off Lazada before, a few times. They've always been late

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2017 at 9:06 AM, sfokevin said:

I've had this one for a few months and it works great...

https://www.lazada.co.th/xiaomi-yi-dashcam-1080p-car-wifi-dvr-gray-32311029.html?spm=a2o4l.other.0.0.BUnUdH

It has has a nice english smartphone app that allow easy setting of things... you can view everything on the app...

Before I had a cheapy one and after a few week I took out the micro sim and went to view the clips on my computer and found that ALL of the clips on the sim were unreadable and corrupted!... so anyone who has a cam might make sure that it is actually making usable recordings...

Other things to consider are the view angle which seems to vary from 130-180 degrees... I would not recommend one that is on the low(130 side...

also so look at the image quality... below HD quality and the videos are not really that good...

Hello,

it's cheap also, can you compare it with the famous G1W ?

Thank you.

On 9/13/2017 at 9:13 PM, bleble said:

Which one did you buy ?

The name of it is Parking Monitor T626 SE.

Have also some thai words in the title name.

I am very happy with it. The night quality picture is bright and good, which was most important to me.
Easy to use, have nice large screen, and all the functions it should have.

The only downside is that with 32GB (not included) SD card it records videos of about 2-3 days, depends how much you driving. That has something to do with good picture quality in good resolution, so the file is large.
When SD card is full, it overrides the older recordings.

Not a big deal, because if something happens, usually you take that video right after or on the same day.

3 hours ago, baywatch82 said:

The name of it is Parking Monitor T626 SE.

Have also some thai words in the title name.

I am very happy with it. The night quality picture is bright and good, which was most important to me.
Easy to use, have nice large screen, and all the functions it should have.

The only downside is that with 32GB (not included) SD card it records videos of about 2-3 days, depends how much you driving. That has something to do with good picture quality in good resolution, so the file is large.
When SD card is full, it overrides the older recordings.

Not a big deal, because if something happens, usually you take that video right after or on the same day.

All dashcam work this way.

http://www.lazada.co.th/car-dvr-t626-dash-cam-dash-camera-video-recorder-g-sensor-dualcamera-pramiro-1080p-full-hd-170-degree-angle-car-camera-black-hd-1080p-3-15369549.html

I do not think that you can see number plates clearly, especially at night ?

6 hours ago, bleble said:

All dashcam work this way.

http://www.lazada.co.th/car-dvr-t626-dash-cam-dash-camera-video-recorder-g-sensor-dualcamera-pramiro-1080p-full-hd-170-degree-angle-car-camera-black-hd-1080p-3-15369549.html

I do not think that you can see number plates clearly, especially at night ?

Make sure you find one with SE symbol (special edition), with improved night vision.

http://www.lazada.co.th/fhd-wdr-parking-monitor-30-t626-se-3-black-8016958.html?spm=a2o4l.search.0.0.M8AZry&ff=1

Archived