Gen Prawit says it was not confirmed Yingluck left the country

webfact

Gen Prawit says it was not confirmed Yingluck left the country

By Thai PBS

Prawit-Wongsuwon300860.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan said Wednesday (Aug 30) that it was not confirmed that former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra had already left the country for abroad.

He added that he was informed by both Singapore and Cambodia that Ms Yingluck did not enter their countries as widely speculated.

Gen Prawit said he was confident that her escape would not affect the credibility of the National Council for Peace and Order.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/gen-prawit-says-not-confirmed-yingluck-left-country/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-08-31

No wonder the rumor persists that his head is on the chopping block as he has a reputation for shooting from the hip (or opening mouth before brain is engaged, if you like). My money is on these two countries coming out and saying that they said no such thing. 

These fools really need to keep their traps shut until they have confirmation, has she? Hasn't she? They do it with everything. All this speculative banter and theories of things they have no idea about. Quite ridiculous really.  I got no love for the junta but stuff like this makes them look like bigger muppets than they already are IMO.

No wonder the rumor persists that his head is on the chopping block as he has a reputation for shooting from the hip (or opening mouth before brain is engaged, if you like). My money is on these two countries coming out and saying that they said no such thing. 
Does that mean another Coup to remove the coup leader. Only in Thailand!

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

Yeah... she might be in Pattaya together with the rest of the shady,

hiding away in plain sight international criminals... probebly

living in some gated Mubaan, thinking in marrying a farang and opening

a bar or a hair dresser shop....

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

I think that is quite a common occurrence, in those countries where the military have taken control of everything, the ruling "elite" and their military partners are split by factional rivalries, the rule of law is the will of whoever has the top seat at any given moment, and the wishes of the people are ignored if not actively suppressed.

I think an often used description is "Banana Republics"...

48 minutes ago, Daryle said:

It's happened before, in 1977.

From http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/thailand-coup-a-brief-history-of-past-military-coups-0

1976: Less than eight months after an unsuccessful overthrow attempt, the Thai military staged a coup and overthrew Prime Minister Seni Pramoj. In a nationally broadcast address, Admiral Sangad Chaloryu declared himself in charge of the newly formed National Administrative Reform Council, which would oversee martial law in the country.

1977: Thanin Kraivichien, only in government for one year, was overthrown in a bloodless military coup led by the man who had put him in power, Admiral Sangad Chaloryu, after Thanom was accused of leading a repressive government.

No official update on whereabouts of former PM Yingluck

BANGKOK, 31 August 2017 (NNT) – Thai authorities have not yet provided any update on the whereabouts of former Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, who faces an arrest warrant after her failure to appear in court last week. 

National police chief Pol. Gen. Chakthip Chaijinda said on Wednesday that the police have been working with international authorities on an investigation into the reported departure of Ms. Yingluck for an unknown destination.. 

He said that the process will take some time and the investigators are considering interrogating the people seen with the former PM before her disappearance. 

Meanwhile, Deputy Prime Minister Gen. Prawit Wongsuwon said today that the Thai authorities’ communications with their counterparts in a neighboring country, has not yielded any information. Therefore, it remains impossible to confirm her whereabouts just yet. 

In addition, Supreme Commander Gen. Surapong Suwannaa asked the public to stop speculating about how the former Premier left the country and about the security units’ negligence in allowing her to flee.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-08-31

"In addition, Supreme Commander Gen. Surapong Suwannaa asked the public to stop speculating about how the former Premier left the country and about the security units’ negligence in allowing her to flee."1508945.GIF

Just stop supplying the ammunition.

2 hours ago, Thailand said:

I don't think Mr T would be back on Twitter if Yingluck was still here.

The old adage applies to the ptb , "When you are in a hole stop digging".

True. And if she has been "disappeared" as certain Shin fans keep suggesting I think Thaksin would have had a lot more to say!

Where ever she is, he knows she's safe and sound. Probably busy unpacking 555!

9 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

Why is he flip floppping like a fish out of water ?

Yes she has left country/no she has not left the country/she left the country via Cambodia/she left the country via Myanmar/her borther organised her exit.

Every day it is a different headline.

Because no one is allowed to actually make a truthful comment as that my be inconvenient.

So, they all flip flop to get in the press and show how important they are.