Chiang Mai Inthanon Golf and Natural Resort

JAS21

On 9/3/2017 at 4:48 PM, topt said:

No, but would be very interested to hear what it is like.

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Ok we played yesterday after staying the night in their accommodation which was 1500thb. Let’s say the accommodation is okay. It is only about five years old so at least clean. At present If you stay a second night accommodation is 1000thb.

The restaurant staff I thought were ‘a little bit slow’ but the food was fine and not expensive. All the staff was very helpful.

It was quite pleasant eating breakfast at 7am overlooking the course. Being high the course gets ‘warm’ as the day progresses.

Present promotion … you will need at least a Thai Driving License. Is 1000thb for Green fee, Buggie and Caddy Fee.

It’s a good idea if you can drive straight. I lost two balls on the first hole! There didn’t seem to be much difference between the fairway and the first cut but off the first cut and you ball will more than likely disappear for good.

After eight holes and my comment ‘<deleted> is she doing now’ my wife swapped caddies with me. My then caddy was very helpful and actually knew ‘how to’ and even suggest the choice of club, could read the greens etc.

I had already prepared the ’tips’ … in all the years that we have played golf I have never known my wife adjust them … she said her caddy was the worst that she had ever experienced!!    

The course is worth playing BUT quite often they have ‘Korean Groups’. We played at 7:30am and only saw two others playing … there was no one in front of us that we could see for the whole round … wonderful …….

There are lots of pictures on bookingdotcom …

We are going to look at Lanna and Green Valley courses today to decide which one we will play tomorrow.

Hope you found this useful

6 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

Hope you found this useful

Thanks JAAS21.

Were the fairways and greens in good/very good condition - greens fast or not? Which Pattaya course would you consider it closest to in quality?

The 1000 baht sounds a very good deal as nowhere around Pattaya is it quite that cheap - closest is Treasure Hill at 1,150. Although reading your comment about the accommodation they seem to be making a bit there.......

6 hours ago, topt said:

Thanks JAAS21.

Were the fairways and greens in good/very good condition - greens fast or not? Which Pattaya course would you consider it closest to in quality?

The 1000 baht sounds a very good deal as nowhere around Pattaya is it quite that cheap - closest is Treasure Hill at 1,150. Although reading your comment about the accommodation they seem to be making a bit there.......

Greens okay ... think they had been cored a while back. Faster downhill than up hill. TBH doesn't make much difference ... we don't have a problem missing putts on any greens ....

Haven't played Pattaya Courses ... would say Plutaluang is overall better.

Staying on a golf course is always more expensive than similar local accommodation and of course it's near Doi Inthanon.

Also locally Lanna is 1300thb for green fee,caddy fee and buggy. Summit Green Valley is 1500thb for the same and we will  be there tomorrow.

It's worth travelling up to play ... Phitsanulok has a local course and also Waterland which looks really interesting. 

3 hours ago, JAS21 said:

Haven't played Pattaya Courses ... would say Plutaluang is overall better.

Thanks.

By "Pattaya course" I meant those within 1 hours drive which includes Plutaluang.

There is a good current review of some of the Khao Yai courses on the addicts forum if you are interested.