Just got my non o education visa in laos! Very easy!

"I'm looking forward to learning Thai this year and hopefully I can start having conversations with more folks in this country" 

That's a lovely thought but i bet you'll find the more you learn and the more conversations you have the less appealing it becomes ; ) 555 you'll see

• Confused 1

Thanks op good post very informative.

One question 

"Total cost for everything including the 3 Visa extensions and the 1 year of school was around 39,000 baht."

3 visa extensions? Not to sure what you mean

Edited by jeab1980

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Three 90 day extensions of the 90 day entry from the non-ed visa that gets him to the max total stay of one year allowed.

Not up on these but interested as i know someone wanting to come over for a year to learn Thai.

So unlike non O an ED visa you extend 90 days in country at immigration? No border runs.?

15 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

So unlike non O an ED visa you extend 90 days in country at immigration? No border runs.?

Yes and yes if attending a informal school such as a language school up to one year of total stay.

For a formal school such as a university it would be one year extensions for as long as they attend the school.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Falcon said:

as non-o is for marriage visa.

Non Immigrant O Visa.

"O" stands for OTHER so can be issued for a number of reasons, not only marriage.

Thai kids, Volunteering, Retirement etc.

Edited by Phuket Man

You don't need the application form printed both sides, I print my own from the online pdf single sided and never had issue in 5yrs of using it and hand few out too and never had comeback . If can easily do duplex print then do it as belt and braces but otherwise not a concern in my experience. tuk-tuks indeed rip you off, if paying any more than 30baht or 1USD for small trip you being scammed, 50baht tops for run back to immi but that pointless as best using bus from bus station just up road same side as consulate and near junction as got pay and get on it eventually anyway .

online Savannakhet consulate application pdf > 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Ub2apq5-pfUVgxYjVET3RsUTg/view?usp=sharing

online lao visa on arrival pdf >

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Ub2apq5-pfSXpfMzB4aGltdDQ/view?usp=sharing

Edited by BuckBee

It's sad to see that almost half of the people decided to criticize what I posted instead of just being thankful for the information. This is why the current Society is in the decline that it is.

To those of you who actually appreciated the post I'm glad I could help. If you have any other questions please contact assist Thai Visa.

Edited by JandT
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BuckBee said:

You don't need the application form printed both sides, I print my own from the online pdf single sided and never had issue in 5yrs of using it and hand few out too and never had comeback . If can easily do duplex print then do it as belt and braces but otherwise not a concern in my experience. tuk-tuks indeed rip you off, if paying any more than 30baht or 1USD for small trip you being scammed, 50baht tops for run back to immi but that pointless as best using bus from bus station just up road same side as consulate and near junction as got pay and get on it eventually anyway .

online Savannakhet consulate application pdf > 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Ub2apq5-pfUVgxYjVET3RsUTg/view?usp=sharing

online lao visa on arrival pdf >

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Ub2apq5-pfSXpfMzB4aGltdDQ/view?usp=sharing

I always double side it was told at Savannakhet some years ago it has to be double sided so thats what i do.

On 8/31/2017 at 10:48 PM, JandT said:

We plan on doing the marriage visa when this year is up. All we need is our american marriage certificate, an Affidavit of income which is very easy to get at the American embassy and then have the forms translated into Thai and then notarized at the Thai City Hall.

A note on this - For your one-year extension, or for a "conversion" of visa-type, you will need the translations "certified" by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.  This can be done by mail - I did this recently with success.   Depending on your Immigration office (policies differ at each), you may also need the Income-Affadavit from the US-Embassy certified as having a valid embassy-consular's signature.  

You have some time now with your new visa, but when the time to change to a marriage-visa is about 3 months away, I would suggest getting your immigration-office's list of needed docs for that process.  Expect that on your 2nd visit, with the docs they asked for, they may ask for more, not mentioned on the "official" list.  Your 3rd trip is most likely to be the successful one, but you might get lucky on your 2nd. 

In some offices, some service-desks are controlled by those who would prefer you use an agent, (no required funds, etc needed), than to actually verify your legit-documents.  If the required-list of docs keeps changing and/or valid docs are rejected for made-up reasons, you will know this is the case.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

I always double side it was told at Savannakhet some years ago it has to be double sided so thats what i do.

The back is only notes for the person applying and almost totally useless as outdated for current savannakhet regulations so applicants following that only likely have other doc issues, saw this earlier in year when had new requirements for tourist visa and packpackers confused as not matching the application form notes lol, consulate really needs update page 2 of that pdf  ! .

I never heard or read any need of duplex print in savannakhet or the website, only on this forum.

I not once had or seen any hassle using single sided printed sheet , poorly printed or scruffy forms different story, some people turn up with paperwork that looks like been filed in waste bin lol.

Is an extra precaution if do duplex as removes an easy refusal possibility should staff want give your application some hassle .

I never once had hassle and from what I seen it normally applicants that create situation that causes consulate staff get extra rude and fussy .

16 minutes ago, BuckBee said:

The back is only notes for the person applying and almost totally useless as outdated for current savannakhet regulations so applicants following that only likely have other doc issues, saw this earlier in year when had new requirements for tourist visa and packpackers confused as not matching the application form notes lol, consulate really needs update page 2 of that pdf  ! .

I never heard or read any need of duplex print in savannakhet or the website, only on this forum.

I not once had or seen any hassle using single sided printed sheet , poorly printed or scruffy forms different story, some people turn up with paperwork that looks like been filed in waste bin lol.

Is an extra precaution if do duplex as removes an easy refusal possibility should staff want give your application some hassle .

I never once had hassle and from what I seen it normally applicants that create situation that causes consulate staff get extra rude and fussy .

Well there you go a first for you. I handed everything in as normal he look at application turned it over and asked where back was? Handed me another application form double sided. Filled it in next to window passed it back to him smiled put my pictures onto it handed me back the old Application form. So i now double side it takes seconds and stops any possible hassle.

Edited by jeab1980