Bitcoin Pyramid Scheme in Thailand - help requested

nkg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, tryasimight said:

Perhaps time to leave Thailand.......and this forum??

No point in staying bitter and twisted in life.......unless that is the only life you have.

Contrary to the old saying misery loves company on the web only in farang bars full of sad old men

Why should I leave? I like my life here, and I like the way I dont have to get involved with Thais (or anyone else for that matter) to live it.

And who is bitter and twisted? Not me. I just dont wear rose-coloured spectacles as many here do, and unlike many here I have no trouble seeing reality for what it is.

I dont go to bars either, so you're wrong on that count too.

7 hours ago, tryasimight said:

I am familiar with concept. All are miniaturised transistorised memory. Call them what you like.....they are ALL affected by electro magnetism.

There is NO secure storage

That may have been true in the early 80s (to an extent) but CDs and DVDs are clearly not affected by EM. If you want to go back to the 1950s and 1960s, punched tape would not be affected by EM either.

Edited by nkg

says the man posting from Myanmar after all of his businesses went broke.......

I'll just correct your incorrect statement:

"says the man posting from Myanmar who sold his 100% share in one of his businesses for a profit of $2.2 million USD"

Edited to get back on topic:

As for digital currencies, I have made an 8-fold profit from Ethereum - a modest investment.

Edited by simon43

19 hours ago, ThailandLOS said:

So you would volunteer to cause hyper inflation and social chaos in order to take crypto down?

What one doesn't want to understand one can not understand. Good luck with your fiat currency anyway.

Me?  No.  But some nation states would love to take down the USD, and cause untold havoc.  Buying weapons isn't the only way to use money as a weapon.

On 9/1/2017 at 9:37 PM, ThailandLOS said:

Nobody having major cryptos will be "holding the bag" - there is a major transfer of wealth going on as we speak, one of the largest in history of mankind.

No more asking for permission where to send funds and pay outrageous fees - and then wait a few days for everyone in the transfer chain to take their cut.

No more SEC's to decide what people are allowed to invest in and when.

No more governments inflating the value of peoples work (and pretending that inflation is eradicated)

No more credit score companies selling peoples private lives.

No more Google/Youtube/FB censoring content at will.

These are just a few of the implications from blockchain - and you can be sure there will be more.

No more, no more..... until someone at the government decides to shut the all operation down. Remember the safety of Swiss bank accounts? Bitcoin like the fed is based on a belief system, just like MySpace and Facebook. Saying no more comes out as being pretty arrogant.

btw, what do you think of <deleted> coin?

47 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

No more, no more..... until someone at the government decides to shut the all operation down. Remember the safety of Swiss bank accounts? Bitcoin like the fed is based on a belief system, just like MySpace and Facebook. Saying no more comes out as being pretty arrogant.

btw, what do you think of <deleted> coin?

Which government is that - all of them jointly confiscating millions of computers? And what does it have to do with Swiss bank accounts, that are tied to physical locations and individuals?

You need to understand that blockchain systems are distributed - there is no single point of failure, no 'button' for any government to 'switch off' - there is no office to raid and close down, no one to arrest, nothing, unless someone would decide to kill off the entire internet. (As a matter of fact there are blockchain projects being worked on even to mitigate that)

Facebook a belief system?? They are selling out your entire life to anyone willing to pay right this moment - in case you have an account with them. This is exactly the types of centralized arrogant monopolies that blockchain applications will take down in the coming years. I hope you see this as a good thing.

2 hours ago, ThailandLOS said:

Which government is that - all of them jointly confiscating millions of computers? And what does it have to do with Swiss bank accounts, that are tied to physical locations and individuals?

You need to understand that blockchain systems are distributed - there is no single point of failure, no 'button' for any government to 'switch off' - there is no office to raid and close down, no one to arrest, nothing, unless someone would decide to kill off the entire internet. (As a matter of fact there are blockchain projects being worked on even to mitigate that)

Facebook a belief system?? They are selling out your entire life to anyone willing to pay right this moment - in case you have an account with them. This is exactly the types of centralized arrogant monopolies that blockchain applications will take down in the coming years. I hope you see this as a good thing.

Of course there is a switch. They can start by shutting down wallets and exchanges....and there is a real threat of bitcoin hack using quantum computers.

btw, if ponzi fiat currency is so bad, why is it the only accepted method of exchange. I mean bitcoin loves this ponzi fiat. What up with that?

like I said...arrogant

Edited by theguyfromanotherforum

1 hour ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Of course there is a switch. They can start by shutting down wallets and exchanges....and there is a real threat of bitcoin hack using quantum computers.

Nope, you still don't get it. You can't "shut down wallets" that are local - and you can't shut down exchanges that are running on blockchain. 

And there is no "real threat of bitcoin hack using quantum computers" - as they are nowhere to be seen and will not for quite some time. I would imagine that cryptography has taken few steps by then, so no threat there.

1 hour ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

btw, if ponzi fiat currency is so bad, why is it the only accepted method of exchange

It is not and you would have known it if you would try to educate yourself a bit instead of getting your information from CNN or whatever you watch in neo-lib Canada.

Edited by ThailandLOS

9 minutes ago, ThailandLOS said:

Nope, you still don't get it. You can't "shut down wallets" that are local - and you can't shut down exchanges that are running on blockchain. 

And there is no "real threat of bitcoin hack using quantum computers" - as they are nowhere to be seen and will not for quite some time. I would imagine that cryptography has taken few steps by then, so no threat there.

It is not and you would have known it if you would try to educate yourself a bit instead of getting your information from CNN or whatever you watch in neo-lib Canada.

I am not a liberal and I'm only part Canadian. 

I don't watch CNN.

you didn't answer the question what do you think about Fck coin?

2 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

I am not a liberal and I'm only part Canadian. 

I don't watch CNN.

you didn't answer the question what do you think about Fck coin?

Only part Canadian huh? In that case I retract my comment above.

Tell you what - to show there is no bad blood I will try out the FCK free of charge. Send a hundred of them to the ETH address below and I will give you my professional opinion within 48h before I return them. Deal?

0xc7c0eefcabb11214e446bb9df692ad7ef91200ed

I'm not sure that the majority of adults who are susceptible to scams like this can be "cured".  The prospect of easy, quick money is just irresistible to some.  A more level-headed person can talk to a person like this until he's blue in the face, and a month later that person will be falling for something again.  The scammers understand this weakness and this susceptibility and know how to exploit it by convincing their victims that their scheme is different.

Sadly, most tax & spend politicians are birds of a feather with scammers, but because it's "politics", that makes it "not a scam".   Exact same "MO" however.

Edited by hawker9000

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 03/09/2017 at 7:02 AM, simon43 said:

I'll just correct your incorrect statement:

"says the man posting from Myanmar who sold his 100% share in one of his businesses for a profit of $2.2 million USD"

Must be a different Simon43 from this one then :whistling:

Anyway, hats of if one can sell an 8 room guest house at a profit of almost 80.000.000 Baht, that's 10 million per room.

Now I also understand your fabulous bitcoin profits