Non O multi at Savannahket NOT Married.

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The best answer I can give is no.

There have been some vague reports of people getting one there with financial proof. IMO those were never confirmed as being factual.

2 months ago I got a non-O (based on marriage) from Suvannakhet and they did NOT ask for any financial proof, even though I had it prepared in case.

Non-O is for supporting Wife or dependents (must be legally married, legal  parent)

Non-Immigrant Visa Type “O” may be granted to applicants who meet one of the following requirements:
        (1)  Applicants who are lawfully married to a Thai citizen
        (2)  Dependents of a foreigner currently working or studying full-time in Thailand

1 hour ago, drbrit said:

2 months ago I got a non-O (based on marriage) from Suvannakhet and they did NOT ask for any financial proof, even though I had it prepared in case.

Non-O is for supporting Wife or dependents (must be legally married, legal  parent)

Non-Immigrant Visa Type “O” may be granted to applicants who meet one of the following requirements:
        (2)  Dependents of a foreigner currently working or studying full-time in Thailand

They do not issue ME visas to "legal parents", but only to those legally married to a Thai.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There have been some vague reports of people getting one there with financial proof. IMO those were never confirmed as being factual.

I am 74, married, and could not get multi, only single, in US honorary consulate who knows me and is very friendly-he said "they" had pressured him not to issue.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Leung Falang said:

I am 74, married, and could not get multi, only single, in US honorary consulate who knows me and is very friendly-he said "they" had pressured him not to issue.

In this case, if recent, it is due to a ban on the issuing Multiple-Entry visas of any kind by Honorary Consulates.  I recall some threads about Honorary Consulates forwarding and/or clearing ME-applicants through "Official" consulates - but not sure how many consulates and/or for what types of visas that is done.

8 hours ago, drbrit said:

Hi yes we know non o can be obtained in Savannakhet for reasons of marriage but the op clearly states hes not married. He is asking if he can get one based on Retirement.

11 hours ago, drbrit said:

Non-O means "other" this can be for marriage, retirement, etc.  Visa rules for Marriage and Retirement have different requirements. Op is asking about retirement. 

In this case, if recent, it is due to a ban on the issuing Multiple-Entry visas of any kind by Honorary Consulates.  I recall some threads about Honorary Consulates forwarding and/or clearing ME-applicants through "Official" consulates - but not sure how many consulates and/or for what types of visas that is done.

Got my non O ME Visa currently at a Honorary Consulate in Germany

Ok so why bother asing a question for your friend if your going to dimiss the posts who say yes but aknowledge the post that say no. You asked can a 73 yr old get a Non o not being married and not for retirement. A poster told you he did. You then say the post has been answered. So getting the crystal ball out and looking it must be he who you ask the question for has a rug rat and wants to get a visa down that route.

Edited by jeab1980

1 minute ago, jeab1980 said:

Ok so why bother asing a question if your going to dimiss the posts who say yes but aknowledge the post that say no. You asked can a 73 yr old get a Non o not being married and not for retirement. A poster told you he did. You then say the post has been answered. So getting the crystal ball out and looking it must be you have a rug rat and want to get a visa down that route.

He does not clarify WHERE he did this and he has been asked. Until he does clarify his post like so many other is irrelevant.

23 minutes ago, khwaibah said:

He does not clarify WHERE he did this and he has been asked. Until he does clarify his post like so many other is irrelevant.

I recal some months ago he did in fact clarify how he gets a non o from Savannakhet Brit tim and Ubon joe were involved in the thread.

1 hour ago, jeab1980 said:

I recal some months ago he did in fact clarify how he gets a non o from Savannakhet Brit tim and Ubon joe were involved in the thread.

•  
  • ubonjoe
  • Global Moderators
  • 55,461 posts

•  

2 hours ago, khwaibah said:
  •  
  • ubonjoe
  • Global Moderators
  • 55,461 posts

•  

I  havent got time to dig out the post maybe Ba Ba can expand on his post

41 minutes ago, ba ba said:

what country is this about if i got it in australia i would have said so ,why can't you people read what is written

Care to enlighten us on the details? Was this Savannakhet or Vientiane ? Was this a Non O single entry or a Non O Muti ? 

Edited by khwaibah