What Thai Girls Really Think…

Inspire

What Thai Girls Really Think…

By a Thai Lady living in Pattaya

asianwithcat.jpg

What they really think…

An account of one Thai ladies views based on her experiences of Pattaya, clearly subjective and based on one persons view. Nonetheless, this still makes for a compelling read.

(1) Views on Pattaya and advice for Thai girls

“It’s not uncommon for your young sister to want to visit you when you are staying in Pattaya, like the case with me. It was with a view to her getting a small job while she was on her school holidays from Korat, yet as it turned out I really didn’t want my 16 year old sister to set foot anywhere on her own in Pattaya. I want her to be proud and earn her own money but to work in Pattaya, I don’t think so.

Before I used to think she could get a job like work in 7-11 but after spending more time here I don’t want her too.

The reason for this is not that I am just an over protective older and more street wise sister, but I didn’t want her to end up mixing in the wrong circles and seeing how easy it was to work in a bar as a prostitute and make quick cash. There are also the problems of drugs in Pattaya and I can see how easy it is for girls to get hooked on this. Maybe she would meet the wrong Thai boyfriend while in Pattaya too, there is so much to worry about for a young Thai girl living in Pattaya.

For a Thai girl living in Pattaya you need to be strong, be yourself and don’t let others tell you what to do. The problem of face often makes it difficult to say no to your friends, and this is where the problems can start. It is easy to make money here, but it is just as easy to spend it and often the more money you get the worse it can be. ‘Friends’ tend to appear when you have money, but just as quickly disappear when you have nothing. Remember, no one loves you as much as your family, and make sure you love yourself too!

I have learned that money does not fix everything, far better my sister work in Korat for far less money but be surrounded by her family to look after her and not end up hanging out with the wrong kids.”

(2) Thai women living abroad

“When I lived in America I learned so much from how Westerners live their lives and it also shocked me how Thai women acted once in a new country. Most acted the same as they did when they were in Thailand seemingly begrudging the ways of foreigners and some of the back stabbing that seems to happen among Thai girls in Thailand, continued abroad!

Full story: http://www.inspirepattaya.com/lifestyle/what-thai-girls-really-think/

inspire_pattaya_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Inspire Pattaya 2017-09-02

10 hours ago, Inspire said:

There are also the problems of drugs in Pattaya and I can see how easy it is for girls to get hooked on this. Maybe she would meet the wrong Thai boyfriend while in Pattaya too

These 2 things are, by no means, restricted to Pattaya ! 

"Before I used to think she could get a job like work in 7-11 but after spending more time here I don’t want her too.

The reason for this is not that I am just an over protective older and more street wise sister, but I didn’t want her to end up mixing in the wrong circles".

I don't think the hard working, well educated 7-11 gals will be too gone on that statement?

PS....This Thai lady certainly has good English?

To Dotpoom and Ooladolla if you read the post she said she has lived in the USA so maybe that's why she speaks English well?  Not all Thai girls speak bar girl English I met a few Thai girls going to University in Boston , MA  USA  and they spoke English very well and had learned in Thai schools before they came over. One to this day speaks English with a Boston accent as she lived there for 6 years.

Edited by Tony125

7 hours ago, dotpoom said:

"Before I used to think she could get a job like work in 7-11 but after spending more time here I don’t want her too.

The reason for this is not that I am just an over protective older and more street wise sister, but I didn’t want her to end up mixing in the wrong circles".

I don't think the hard working, well educated 7-11 gals will be too gone on that statement?

My first thought as well. This sounds like the writings of a foreigner guy, pretending he is and knows about Thai women.

4 hours ago, Tony125 said:

To Dotpoom and Ooladolla if you read the post she said she has lived in the USA so maybe that's why she speaks English well?  Not all Thai girls speak bar girl English I met a few Thai girls going to University in Boston , MA  USA  and they spoke English very well and had learned in Thai schools before they came over. One to this day speaks English with a Boston accent as she lived there for 6 years.

Speaking English well and to a specific standard is one thing. Writing English to the standards that this post displays is, in my opinion, nothing more than the writings of a Foreigner male. I have never met a Thai female that could write a 100% correct, grammatical sentence, using quite sophisticated English such as produced in this post,  - no spelling mistakes, all vocabulary in the correct order and using very advanced phrases and parts of speech. Troll!

7 hours ago, dotpoom said:

Or very good translation software. 555

(I doubt it exists) but perhaps spending time in the USA was a plus for her. 

Sadly, it might seem far fetch to many but I agree with her. I've heard the same opinion from many older girls, seen it up front since I live mainly with Thais, and experience it first hand too. Although as noted it could happen anywhere in Thailand it happens quicker in Pattaya, and if they don't have their head on straight which many don't due to their education system plus many family can look after them but can't teach them how to avoid since they themselves come from the same system. From my experience the more exposure to the West the better off they are in thinking for themselves. Here it comes?

1 hour ago, sandemara said:

No attached details of the writer's identity or bona fides for the article, in justification or context. 

I suspect click bait, a story idea cooked up for no particular reason other than  to fill idle space.

I agree, it's certainly not 'inspiring' and reveals absolutely nothing about what Thai girls really think in relation to what non-Thai girls really think.

A misleading article.

Edited by piersbeckett

8 hours ago, Bundooman said:

Speaking English well and to a specific standard is one thing. Writing English to the standards that this post displays is, in my opinion, nothing more than the writings of a Foreigner male. I have never met a Thai female that could write a 100% correct, grammatical sentence, using quite sophisticated English such as produced in this post,  - no spelling mistakes, all vocabulary in the correct order and using very advanced phrases and parts of speech. Troll!

While there may not be any spelling mistakes, the sentence composition and repetitive wording shows some illiteracy. I am amazed that so many

members think it is excellent English. As for troll or click bait, I personally don't think so. 

I would say that there is a pretty good chance that this story is for real. 

And yes, a young girl may very well go astray quicker in Pattaya than elsewhere in Thailand. The temptations are just too many. 

Sad but true story among some uneducated and poor Thai families. This problem not limited only in  Pattaya but has sprayed in another parts of Thailand as well. Unless there is a  proper education and work which gives people decent lifestyle, this problem will not reduce. 

Edited by billbush

17 hours ago, Bundooman said:

Possible but as I said the Thai girl I knew in Boston was going to and graduated from the  University of Massachusetts could speak and write English perfectly. She majored in English and Business when there.  Many when they hear her speak think she was born in the USA  or has a farang parent but she is 100% Thai.

PS: There is also an APP called Grammarly that will correct your spelling and grammar that she or other's can download for free.

Edited by Tony125

14 hours ago, Tony125 said:

Possible but as I said the Thai girl I knew in Boston was going to and graduated from the  University of Massachusetts could speak and write English perfectly. She majored in English and Business when there.  Many when they hear her speak think she was born in the USA  or has a farang parent but she is 100% Thai.

PS: There is also an APP called Grammarly that will correct your spelling and grammar that she or other's can download for free.

Does the App do English English?