Immigration Extends Validity Of Income Verification Letter

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Larry

You might point out to the folks at the ACS that they've not yet updated the www page with the new form. Be nice if they did so.

Older form here: http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/root/pdfs/income_affidavit.pdf

The six months validity will be right handy for people who want to get the form chopped off (and PAID for) at one of the Out Reach sessions.

Mac

• Like 1

That might work for some that have an outreach that would be within 6 months.

It does not work for me since for Ubon it's in January and my extension is due in August.

But I would not count on all immigration offices knowing about the rule or even allowing it, Different immigration offices means different rules.

Edited by ubonjoe

Moderator, I wish you would please bring this post back to Issan Forum. Many do not visit all the forums on TV and may miss this important information if they see it has been moved.

Thank you in advance.

A link to this topic is still in the Issan forum. This is Thailand wide info and is in the correct place.

• Like 1

Is it OK to ask for a little bit of help here plse. I am not a native english speaker, so som clraification would be great.

By this talk of letters and validation. Does that mean what the americans bring to their embassy in order to have a certificate of their income???

This has nothing to do with the immigration in Thailand I presume? I mean a special law for only americans. This must be something internal for americans with their own embassy?

I would be happy if somebody could help clarify for a "falang"....

Glegolo

Is it OK to ask for a little bit of help here plse. I am not a native english speaker, so som clraification would be great.

By this talk of letters and validation. Does that mean what the americans bring to their embassy in order to have a certificate of their income???

This has nothing to do with the immigration in Thailand I presume? I mean a special law for only americans. This must be something internal for americans with their own embassy?

Glegolo

It is the Embassy letter to immigration used for extensions of stay when based on income from outside Thailand - the letter validity for use at an immigration office is up to six months from issue date. If older than six months immigration will likely not accept it.

I have attached a PDF of the actual Immigration letter authorizing the new 6 month validity period as well as an UNOFFICIAL English translation. This PDF was made available by the Pattaya City Expats Club.

attachicon.gifPCEC-NOTICE-THAI-IMMIGRATION-NEWS-JUNE-6.pdf

Many thanks. I'll definitely arm myself with a copy of this letter when applying for my next retirement extension of stay with a 2-month-old Embassy POI letter at Maptaput next month!

Glegolo

It is the Embassy letter to immigration used for extensions of stay when based on income from outside Thailand - the letter validity for use at an immigration office is up to six months from issue date. If older than six months immigration will likely not accept it.

Thank you for clarify that. But is this ONLY concerning americans than? Special law for the americans in Thailand? That cannot be true...?? Or is the 6th months valdi for all people giving their embassy-certificate to the immigration???

Or have I misunderstood it...

Glegolo

Does a downloadable e-copy of the 29 May revision signed by the Deputy Commissioner of Immigration exist anywhere? This would certainly be a useful document for retirees with Embassy POI letters more than 15 days old to include in their bundle of supporting information if applying for an extension of stay over the next few months, in case the message has still not filtered down to the official who processes such applications in their local immigration office.

In response to the OP, I can see no reason why the 6-month validity period for Embassy POI letters should not also apply to retirees of all nationalities. In any event, would this not be a matter for Thai Immigration, rather than individual embassies, to clarify if necessary (which I don't think it is)?

Well done to the American Embassy for knocking some sense into Thai Immigration on this particular occasion. No doubt their British counterparts would merely have rolled over like an obedient lapdog and accepted without demur any dozy-daft Immigration Bureau measure to limit the validity period of POI letters to 15 days, regardless of its negative implications for their retiree citizens, in the interests of "diplomacy".

I don't beleive there is a e-copy of this letter. If you would lile a copy, I have a full copy of the letter in Thai. The embassy only sent me the partial translation that pertained to the income letter. If you want the full version, PM me with a email address and I will send them to you.

This should pertain to all foreigners. I just said to verify with their own embassies or consulates.

Edited by retiredaamt

"moved to 'Thai visas, residency and work permits'"

"Moderator, I wish you would please bring this post back to Issan Forum. Many do not visit all the forums on TV and may miss this important information if they see it has been moved."

"A link to this topic is still in the Issan forum. This is Thailand wide info and is in the correct place."

Personally, I think ThaiVisa.com should post a link to the main thread in ALL the various regional forums - rather than assuming all ThaiVisa members will see it in the "correct place".

I normally would not read the "correct place" forum and would never have seen this information if I had not started a thread on it in the Pattaya forum.

I have attached a PDF of the actual Immigration letter authorizing the new 6 month validity period as well as an UNOFFICIAL English translation. This PDF was made available by the Pattaya City Expats Club.

Your download PDF file does not download. It told it does not exsist. Try again.

• Like 1

"Moderator, I wish you would please bring this post back to Issan Forum. Many do not visit all the forums on TV and may miss this important information if they see it has been moved."

"A link to this topic is still in the Issan forum. This is Thailand wide info and is in the correct place."

Personally, I think ThaiVisa.com should post a link to the main thread in ALL the various regional forums - rather than assuming all ThaiVisa members will see it in the "correct place".

I normally would not read the "correct place" forum and would never have seen this information if I had not started a thread on it in the Pattaya forum.

Your download PDF file does not download. It told it does not exsist. Try again.

It downloads fine for me, you must have a problem on your end.

Sophon

Try this, Right Click on the Link and click Save As ....

Larry

You might point out to the folks at the ACS that they've not yet updated the www page with the new form. Be nice if they did so.

Older form here: http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/root/pdfs/income_affidavit.pdf

The six months validity will be right handy for people who want to get the form chopped off (and PAID for) at one of the Out Reach sessions.

Mac

Assuming I've managed to correctly attach the PDF file, this should be the most recent (??) form letter for Americans to prepare for use by the US Embassy when verifying income ... at least it's the one I used about 6 months ago.

Income Affidavit for Retirees.pdf

Edited by Suradit69

Does a downloadable e-copy of the 29 May revision signed by the Deputy Commissioner of Immigration exist anywhere? This would certainly be a useful document for retirees with Embassy POI letters more than 15 days old to include in their bundle of supporting information if applying for an extension of stay over the next few months, in case the message has still not filtered down to the official who processes such applications in their local immigration office.

In response to the OP, I can see no reason why the 6-month validity period for Embassy POI letters should not also apply to retirees of all nationalities. In any event, would this not be a matter for Thai Immigration, rather than individual embassies, to clarify if necessary (which I don't think it is)?

Well done to the American Embassy for knocking some sense into Thai Immigration on this particular occasion. No doubt their British counterparts would merely have rolled over like an obedient lapdog and accepted without demur any dozy-daft Immigration Bureau measure to limit the validity period of POI letters to 15 days, regardless of its negative implications for their retiree citizens, in the interests of "diplomacy".

I don't beleive there is a e-copy of this letter. If you would lile a copy, I have a full copy of the letter in Thai. The embassy only sent me the partial translation that pertained to the income letter. If you want the full version, PM me with a email address and I will send them to you.

This should pertain to all foreigners. I just said to verify with their own embassies or consulates.

It's OK, thanks, SurfRider's attachment at post #10 (which, I can confirm, I was also able to view and download without any difficulty) appears to include the letter in question.

Of course, it's up to the Thai immigration to decide what validity they see fit.

My reason for saying this is that the UK Consular Letter of income verification has NO EXPIRY, yet Thailand immigration choose to accept it for either 30 days or 90 days depending on which way the wind is blowing.

Hi Larry Edmonds Im Tom OConnor from Pattaya!! Now Im Wondering when i get Another Letter in Jan Will Immagration take my oricinal copy of the Letter?

If you mean will they accept a copy or take the original, yes they keep the original so you'll need a new one again the following year. Many years ago, if memory serves, they would take a copy and let you use the same letter more than once, but that's no longer the case. Since it needs to be less than six months old, there would be nothing to be gained for you by keeping the original anyway.

It works for me. Contains explanations and copy of original letter in Thai.

Try again wink.png

Worked for me as well.

Easier to find and marry a Thai national and keep 20 grand in a fixed account year-round. Then once a year do your annual check.

For this to work I think you will find that you had to be married and on a extension of stay before 2008. Then you have grandfathered rights to that scheme, however if you were married and apply for an extension after 2008 I'm sure you will find that it has to be income and not money in the bank.

Glegolo

A little more clarification for me please.

Are you saying the letters showing proof of income from the Embassies are good up to 6 months and If you don't use them with in that time span you have to get a new one from your Embassy?

Or

Do I need one every six months for my yearly extension on my retirement (or what ever it is called) Visa

I hate paper work it is not my forte.

I don't understand why so many of you are so concerned about just going to the embassy in Bangkok. If you have the income to deserve the retiree extension, you should be able to afford the trip once a year.

Edited by smotherb