Criminal Record Check

Couldnt really see a topic on this so thought I would put down how easy and not really a "Thai Like" experience at all. Due to Migration to another Country, Im required to provide a criminal record check of all places I have lived for in excess of 12 months. In thailand this is very easy

You need to go to Royal Thai Police Headquarters on Rama 1 Road, and once inside (after giving them the obligatory ID for a visitors card) you need to head for Building 23, be advised all building numbers are in Thai.

Take with you two copies of Passport and work permit.

Enter the building, they will give you a form to fill out, 1 page long, all in English, very basic stuff, go to the main desk, they check it, make sure everything is filled out, along to the "Fingerprint Man" who does 2 copies of all your Fingerprints. They even provide a nice cleaning area with a decent soap and brush to get the Ink off!!

Once thats done, over to the photo guy, takes your piccy, inputs onto the database, takes your passport number, back to the main desk, they take the forms off you, ask you to come back in 7 days, smile, then hand you a critique / customer service card where you can suggest improvements and rate the service.

The total cost of this..........0 baht, yep, nothing and a very pleasant and easy 10 mins, all staff spoke good enough English, they smiled at my Thai language skills all in all 10 out of 10 experience, well done Thai Police!