Apec and 3 year business visas

Interesting to see what happens in AUS where currently the Non O Multiple is AUD$225.00

Using the X-rate at present:-

USD$150 x 1.2 = 180

I bet they don't reduce it.

Edit: Typo

Can anyone clarify the cost of the APEC multiple entry. Is it per year or would it be for the three year life of the card?

Edited by WNOVAK

Interesting to see what happens in AUS where currently the Non O Multiple is AUD$225.00

USD$150 x 1.2 = 180

Can anyone clarify the cost of the APEC multiple entry. Is it per year or would it be for the three year life of the card?

The cost of the APEC multiple entry must be for the 3 year validity of the card (or until expiration of the passport) & not per year. Interestingly, have just looked at the Australian APEC site http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i/business-visits.htm & noted that since when I got mine late last year, the price has increased from A$105 or A$125 (can't remember) to the current fee of A$200, which is higher than the US$ rate being quoted in this thead.

Getting an APEC card, if one comes from an APEC country and can qualify, is still a far far cheaper & more convenient option, being valid for 3 years, than getting annual Non-Imm B multiple enty visas & has the added benefit that the holder uses the diplomatic / official queues at immigration!

Edited by iang

Increased visa fees from July 2, 2007

Penang is issuing Multi entry visas again

As of July 2, 2007, the Royal Thai Embassies and the Royal Thai Consulates will raise the visa fees as follows:

1. NON-IMMIGRANT VISA

o US $60.00 for single entry

o US $150.00 for multiple entries

o US $150.00 (APEC Multiple Entries)

o US $300.00 (Three-year Non-Immigrant "B" for Business and Work)

"Three-Year" Visas!?! I never heard of this? How does one get this? There's nothing about 3 year Visas on any Thai government site I ever saw? Is this new? What are the requirements for this?

o US $300.00 (Three-year Non-Immigrant "B" for Business and Work)

I looked everywhere, and I also can’t find anything about a 3 year non-b. All I could find was something called a APEC Business Travel Card but it doesn’t say what it is or how to get one.

Any information here would be highly appreciable

USD$150 x 1.2 = 180

The cost of the APEC multiple entry must be for the 3 year validity of the card (or until expiration of the passport) & not per year. Interestingly, have just looked at the Australian APEC site http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i/business-visits.htm & noted that since when I got mine late last year, the price has increased from A$105 or A$125 (can't remember) to the current fee of A$200, which is higher than the US$ rate being quoted in this thead.

Getting an APEC card, if one comes from an APEC country and can qualify, is still a far far cheaper & more convenient option, being valid for 3 years, than getting annual Non-Imm B multiple enty visas & has the added benefit that the holder uses the diplomatic / official queues at immigration!

Plus you save a lot of money in not having to pay visa fees going to other countries as well - China, Vietnam etc

Another benefit is that if you now travel to any airport in the USA- upon arrival you can use the

aircrew channel to have your passport processed. if you've ever been to Los Angeles international airport and

experienced the long queues at passport control you will realise just how valuable this small benefit can be :o

I want to add another comment about the APEC card !!

We [b] should never ever complain about the costs[/b]- when measured against all the benefits.

No I don't work for them but I'm definitely an enthusiastic card holder. Those of us

that come from an APEC country and can qualify for one of these little cards

should really appreciate how lucky we are -seriously.

And Russia is now finally considering joining the card system as is the USA. if that happens

for those that want to travel to Russia can save a fortune because in Russia they not only

have visa fees but also exorbitant " visa registration " fees wherever you go. If APEC

cardholders are eventually exempt from all this then this little card will be well and

truly worth its cost many times over.

is the 3 year visa open to anyone or only APEC members ?

Available only to citizens of APEC countries. Worth ten times its weight in gold. I've just applied for mine - NZ$150 for the New Zealand version.

so the APEC card is $150 for 3 years and the $300 visa is for all the rest of us ??????????????????????????

Yes but you can't directly compare the costs of an APEC card to

a 3 year Non- B visa :D The card fee is set by the APEC organisation

and reflects the fact that there are now 17,000 members worldwide

- whereas its entirely Thailand's choice to set whatever visa fees

it deems appropriate. Even $300 isn't that bad compared to what they were

expecting for the elite card ? :o

There is a THREE YEAR Non-immigrant 'B' visa (not the APEC card), it's only availble from embassies and the only one I've seen with any information was IIRC the NZ embassy site.

This visa is apparently not easy to get, it's intended for business travellers and specifically prohibits work in LoS.

so the APEC card is $150 for 3 years and the $300 visa is for all the rest of us ??????????????????????????

Yes but you can't directly compare the costs of an APEC card to

a 3 year Non- B visa :D The card fee is set by the APEC organisation

and reflects the fact that there are now 17,000 members worldwide

- whereas its entirely Thailand's choice to set whatever visa fees

it deems appropriate. Even $300 isn't that bad compared to what they were

expecting for the elite card ? :o

I'm not complaining about the cost. I am just trying to figure out what the 3 year visa is since it must be new. I would also like to know what the rules are for obtaining one. I will gladly pay $300 for a 3 year visa so I don't have to hassle with immigration or fly out of the country every year to get a new visa. The $300 is the same price as 2 single years and it would save me 2 trips to penang or wherever.

There is a THREE YEAR Non-immigrant 'B' visa (not the APEC card), it's only availble from embassies and the only one I've seen with any information was IIRC the NZ embassy site.

This visa is apparently not easy to get, it's intended for business travellers and specifically prohibits work in LoS.

Thanks for the info crossy.

Does anyone know if this is the same or a new one? George's post says it is for business and work.

I used my APEC card last month on a 12 day trip to Thailand from Australia.

The greatest immediate benefit is that you go through the diplomat channel at the airport immigration(both ways).

The question that is still unanswered is whether you require to renew a multiple entry (o-a visa),

or does the APEC card allow you re=entry on a O_A retirement visa.

In short if I use my o_a visa to stay longer than 60 days can I still reenter on my APEC card or should I have a Multiple entry permit at 1800 baht. Much cheaper to use the APEC card but would immigration see it the same way?

Just a side note it took 6 months to get approval from the 17 countries BUT well worth the wait.

I used my APEC card last month on a 12 day trip to Thailand from Australia.

The greatest immediate benefit is that you go through the diplomat channel at the airport immigration(both ways).

The question that is still unanswered is whether you require to renew a multiple entry (o-a visa),

or does the APEC card allow you re=entry on a O_A retirement visa.

In short if I use my o_a visa to stay longer than 60 days can I still reenter on my APEC card or should I have a Multiple entry permit at 1800 baht. Much cheaper to use the APEC card but would immigration see it the same way?

Just a side note it took 6 months to get approval from the 17 countries BUT well worth the wait.

WNOVAK I can tell you that you are entitled to multiple 90 day entries to Thailand with your card - but I don't

know about how this interacts with another Visa. I definitely agree with you the benefit of using

the diplomatic channel in the various airports is a huge benefit :D I was told recently it can now take

between 9-12 months to process new applications -it used to be China that took the longest to give their

approval but apparently now Thailand of all places is also not as fast as it used to be :o

technically speaking, the APEC card doesn't interact with any other visa. I think some, like Bendix would use the card to get in the fast lane at immigration, but would actually be stamped in on his existing non-immi B visa which has been extended her for his work.

I know for sure, that having an APEC card will only give you 90 day entry, non extendable, and you can't get a WP off the back of it, etc.

I know for sure, that having an APEC card will only give you 90 day entry, non extendable, and you can't get a WP off the back of it, etc.

Samran surely a non- b visa isn't much better ? it doesn't take much

effort to leave and return and immigration officers are always

very polite and helpful when they see you have one of these in your possession.

not everyone is interested in having a work permit............

As above and to confirm what "Crossy" says.

I believe this APEC visa has been available for about 8-9 months.

It is intended SOLELY for regular business travellers to the LOS.

You will NOT get it if you,re a "tourist "

You CANNOT get any other Visa on the back of this. You CANNOT convert to a Non IMM B, O or any other visa. You CANNOT get a WP on this APEC visa.

:o

It is designed to be easier for regular businesses who are looking to invest or have dealings with companies in the LOS and who travel REGULARLY to the LOS. :D

Edited by stevemiddie

As above and to confirm what "Crossy" says.

I believe this APEC visa has been available for about 8-9 months.

It is intended SOLELY for regular business travellers to the LOS.

You will NOT get it if you,re a "tourist "

You CANNOT get any other Visa on the back of this. You CANNOT convert to a Non IMM B, O or any other visa. You CANNOT get a WP on this APEC visa.

It is designed to be easier for regular businesses who are looking to invest or have dealings with companies in the LOS and who travel REGULARLY to the LOS. :D

i've had mine for 2 years.

maybe,

but getting an APEC card isn't always easy to get. You must prove to your home government that is for genuine business purposes and that you travel reasonably frequently for said purposes in the region.

but getting an APEC card isn't always easy to get. You must prove to your home government that is for genuine business purposes and that you travel reasonably frequently for said purposes in the region.

I don't consider proving you are in business and that you travel to be particularly onerous ?

The only inconvenient part of the application process is waiting for your home government

to carry out a variety of background checks on you before your application is handed over

to other member nations. But I think it's worth it because

the U.S. government has already admitted this is why they are thinking

of becoming a full participant i.e. they will know a lot more about APEC cardholders

than normal visa applicants or " visa waiver " visitors to the USA . if you

have nothing to hide there is nothing to worry about !

maybe,

Just to put it in perspective, the conditions I got mine under were : being an employee of a large multinational organisation that does a significant amount of trade in the APEC region, requiring me to travel frequently. I primarilly got mine so I wouldn't have to get visas for China and Vietnam. The use of the diplomat lanes is a nice convenience(as long as your flight isn't full of officials and diplomats)

I have been told by Houston that it is not as easy to get as a 1 yr, and it prohibits working.

Does anyone know if this is the same or a new one? George's post says it is for business and work.

I have been told by Houston that it is not as easy to get as a 1 yr, and it prohibits working.

USA does not currently fully participate in the APEC Business Travel Card(ABTC) scheme.By fully I mean, you can use you card for fast track immigration at US airports but you still need a seperate US Visa or Visa Waiver to enter US.Furthermore, US citizens currently can't obtain an APEC card

Only 17 of 21 APEC nations fully participate.

If you enter Thailand on your APEC card you can not obtain a work permit, you must enter Thailand on a Non Imm visa to obtain a work permit.

Meetings, presentations, conferences are allowable activites when entering on your APEC card.

It is perfectly acceptable to use your APEC card to access the diplomat lane on arrivals, but then enter using your Non Imm visa(I do this all the time)

Edited by kiakaha

"It is perfectly acceptable to use your APEC card to access the diplomat lane on arrivals, but then enter using your Non Imm visa(I do this all the time) "

kiakaha:

In your case do you have a Multiple entry visa (1800 baht) attached to your 12 month visa?

I was hoping that you may not need this if you can go in on your APEC card and are prepared to leave within the 60 days then re-entering (similar to a visa run).

I have had my Retirement visa longer than my APEC card and not wanting to give it up for just the card. I do not spend much more than 14 days at a time in Thailand until my full retirement next year when I will not be eligible for the business card.

So do you still multiple enter on your APEC card or do you have a Multiple entry visa as well?

"It is perfectly acceptable to use your APEC card to access the diplomat lane on arrivals, but then enter using your Non Imm visa(I do this all the time) "

kiakaha:

In your case do you have a Multiple entry visa (1800 baht) attached to your 12 month visa?

I was hoping that you may not need this if you can go in on your APEC card and are prepared to leave within the 60 days then re-entering (similar to a visa run).

I have had my Retirement visa longer than my APEC card and not wanting to give it up for just the card. I do not spend much more than 14 days at a time in Thailand until my full retirement next year when I will not be eligible for the business card.

So do you still multiple enter on your APEC card or do you have a Multiple entry visa as well?

I have a non imm b visa, and a work permit, I get 1 yearly immigration permit extensions and have a re-entry permit.Standard stuff for people who work legally in LOS.

when i enter thailand i use the apec card only to give me the right to go through the diplomat lane, I use my re-entry permit to pass though immigration.