One-2-Go OG269 Jet Crashes At Phuket International Airport

simon43

Budget Airways Jet crashes at Phuket International Airport

post-128-1189945432_thumb.jpg

There seems to be some sort of incident at Phuket Airport. Our staff went to collect a customer but all cars are being turned around outside of the airpoirt and there are police and ambulances all over the place. Our guy saw some people carrying children to ambulances.

We're only 600 metres from the airport but heard nothing. But there has been some very bad rain, so it's possible that a plane skidded on landing.

But no hard details yet. I'll try to see what I can find out.

Simon

PS - A friend who works at the airport says that a OnetoGo plane skidded on landing in the rainy weather.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've just checked again with TV member Thaigerd. Apparently a plane has indeed skidded off the runway. But I understand that it is not a serious accident and no-one has died. But the ambulances etc are all responding just in case.

Simon

thanks for the reporting simon43. please keep us posted and may we wish that there has been no fatalities. its certainly one of those stormy old days where all you want to do is stay inside drinking milo and eating toast.

the weather has been atrocious here in ket hoe, and its still raining. i wouldnt be surprised at all if a plane had skidded off the runway.

Bangkok Post

A passenger jet of One-To-Go Airline with 123 passengers and five crew members on board crashed on landing at Phuket Airport in southern Thailand at about 4pm Sunday.

Airport officials and rescue workers are still working to help the victims from the plane which caught fire after it crashlanded and skidded off the runway.

Casualties are still accounted for

Plane Crash At Thai Airport

Updated: 11:32, Sunday September 16, 2007

A plane has crashed during an attempted landing at Phuket airport in Thailand, it is reported.

There was heavy rain when the Orient Thai Airways plane ditched.

It is unclear whether anyone has been killed or injured.

Chaisak Angsuwan, director general of the Air Transport Authority of Thailand, said: "The visibility was poor as the pilot attempted to land.

"He decided to make a go-around but the plane lost balance and crashed. It was torn into two parts."

The plane - flight OG 269 - was travelling from Bangkok to Phuket.

More follows ...

Sky News.

Plane breaks into two pieces after crash at Phuket Airport

Sun, September 16, 2007 : Last updated 17:55 hours

A budget airline exploded and broke into two pieces after it slid out of runway and crashed with nearby walls at Phuket airport on Saturday afternoon.

The number of injuries is not able to be confirmed, but some reports said 60 passengers were killed.

Initial report said the airline; One-to-Go, has 123 passengers and crew.

The MB 82 airline landed at the Phuket airport at about 3.40pm from Bangkok and was taxing when it slid out of the slippery runway caused by heavy rains.

The aircraft then crashed with trees and walls nearby.

Eye-witnesses said the impact of the crash broke the aircraft into two pieces and they heard noises of explosion sporadically.

Rescue teams and navy rushed to the scene.

nationmultimedia.com