Hotels/guest Houses Near Suvarnabhumi Airport

billp

Sananwan Palace, very nice and friendly almost-new guesthouse about 20 min by taxi from the terminal, with pool under 500 Baht. My personal favourite. This thread has some of my pictures.

And here's the newest discovery: S.P. Power Lodge A/C, sat TV, 1300-1900 baht, 2-way airport transfers included.

Convenient Resort. Newly-built 4-story hotel at Lat Krabang, about 5-10 min. drive from the airport. 1000-1200 baht.

Floral Shire Resort is just on the edge of the airport, maybe 5 minutes from the terminal. 1200-1300 baht. Brand new. No pool. Sort of motel style.

Queen's Garden Resort only 5 - 10 min. from the airport. New, no pool, said to be pretty basic, not very clean. 900 baht.

Grand Inn Come, sort of a typical Thai small-town hotel on a noisy street, no pool, 20 min. from airport, 1800 baht. "Let out professional masseuses treat and pamper your stiff and stressed."

Avana Hotel, sort of the kind of suburban upscale hotel where Thais hold weddings and conferences. Pool and all the usual amenities, 1200 baht. Maybe about 25-30 min. from the airport.

Ibis Hua Mak Chain hotel about 30 min from the airport with reportedly small boxy rooms and gruff, unfriendly staff. Pool, 800-1200 baht.

Rachana Place, a hostel off the Bangna-Trat highway AWAY from the city centre, self-described 25 min. from the airport, 350 baht. Free WiFi.

On Nut Guest House, backpacker hostel about 35-40 min. from the airport and within walking distance of the end station of the Skytrain/BTS line.

Nasa-Vegas Hotel, many recommend. Said to be 15-25 min. from the airport. 590 baht, 900 baht rooms have a jacuzzi. No pool. At the moment, construction of the Airport Rail Link is taking place right next door.

My wife and I have stayed at Sanawan Palace several times and we have found it to be value for money. The staff are friendly, the rooms are clean and it's convenient for the airport.

We have also stayed at the Ibis and found it to be good too. Though they did double charge us for our room. I managed to get a refund within a couple of weeks. We got a better rate booking through the accorhotels.com web site.

Thanks for your post

I found the AVANA can be reached in 20 minutes from/to the terminal also I pay 900 baht for 2 included 2 buffet breakfasts and taxes in a double bed or 2 single beds rooms.

Wifi is available in all rooms for 170 baht for 3 hours

There is a 7-11 type store on the ground floor aswell as a same day in-house laundry service.

Lots of Chinese group tours during the week and middle class Thais at week-ends

Taxi should cost around 200 baht limo from hotel is 600 baht one way

Central and Big C supermarket are a 5 minutes tuk-tuk drive away

Recommended for the quality/price

Hello!

Someone can tell me which is the most nearest from Suvarnabhumi Airport?

Because if I need more than 20 minutes I could also drive to the town. Last time it took me only

30 minutes to Sukhumwit Rd.

Markus

Hello! Someone can tell me which is the most nearest from Suvarnabhumi Airport?

Because if I need more than 20 minutes I could also drive to the town. Last time it took me only

30 minutes to Sukhumwit Rd.Markus

Re-read billips OP. Some of the hotels he's listed are only 5-10 minutes.

Edited by jingjoe

I would be very wary staying at queens garden resort as we booked to stay there a couple of months back and ended up at another resort called QUEENS GARDEN RESORT AT RIVERVIEW HOTEL.

Firstly we were not advised of this change of hotel as we booked queens garden and it wasnt until we actually checked in we realised it was not the place we booked...very shifty of them to try this. Of course it was too late to change hotels at that stage as we had a 8am flight back to australia. It actually was real downer on our entire holiday.....we stayed in primo accom until we had this flea biten place to stay in...was not up to standard mosquitos everywhere selection of any type of food was terrible....if you dont eat seafood then there was practially nothing on the menu to eat..after all the screaming with the so called manager who was english we got to the bottom of the problem he has a problem with the guy at queens garden and pretty much stole all the clients and moved them to this hotel againts our wishes after much deliberating i stood firm adn requested they organise us a pizza....and of course after telling us the agreed price tried to BUMP this up by 300 baht at which point i absolulty lost it with this guy ....I couldnt sleep all nite sounded like were on the actual run way at the airport...was terribly ...actually got up at 1am..and went to the airport cos we absolutly couldnt handle this place and we felt unsafe and hung around the airport till our 8am flight...

there is no way in hel_l we would ever stay here again.....

STAY AWAY from this place its completly crap next trip in april we will be spening much more for a proper accomodation thats for sure...not even for a short stopover wil this place do its the pitts!

I guess its the one that comes up at the very top of the list if you put "Queens Garden Resort Bangkok" into Google?????

Try to follow the script, that's the same one mentioned in Billips post.

What I asked Gabbyc was where to find the QGR he says he was shifted from INTO Queens Garden Resort Bangkok/Riverview Hotel (they're the same place).

We recently stayed at the Queens Garden Resort and were very impressed with the service offered.

1000 baht for the night, free pick up and transfer from the airport, free transport back to the airport the next day.

The hotel is in new condition and only 5 minutes from the airport. Booking was taken over the internet and cash payment was made upon arrival at the hotel.

One bad point is the mattress was too firm, bordering on hard. Meals are available 24 hours but the selection is limited.

The hotel offers basic comforts but is in the middle of nowhere. Nothing to do but watch tv or sleep.

Perfect for a stopover but not recommended for a stay any longer than one night.

I guess its the one that comes up at the very top of the list if you put "Queens Garden Resort Bangkok" into Google?????

Try to follow the script, that's the same one mentioned in Billips post.

What I asked Gabbyc was where to find the QGR he says he was shifted from INTO Queens Garden Resort Bangkok/Riverview Hotel (they're the same place).

Indeed they do appear to be one & the same AND its moved location. Confusing!

Suvarnabhumi,

Lat Krabang,

Bangkok, 10520

Thailand

Fax: +66 (0) 2 172 6114

Email: [email protected]

Queen's Garden Resort

9-11 Soi 38 Lat Krabang,Bangok 10520

Queen Garden Resort at River View

Address: 21 Soi 7, Lat Krabang, 10520 Thailand

IMPORTANT :

Queen's Garden Resort has relocated to 44 Soi 7 , Lat Krabang Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand 10520

Tel : 66 02-734-4540-2

Map here

I'll have to try to take a drive down there the next time I'm in the vicinity. If I were you I'd use the coordinates and map on the hotel's own website, which clearly show it's in soi 7, rather than something relayed through a room booker. According to that map it's clearly called the "Queen's Garden at Riverview." I've taken note of the good review in #12, the bad review in #8 and the objection to my comments on the Ibis in #4, and these comments will be reflected in future versions of The List.

PS I still think the Sananwan is your best bet.

has anyone tryed the convenient resort as listed above?http://www.asiatravel.com/thailand/prepaid...sort/index.html .

im looking at stopping over for 1 night,this hotel looks quite good with good reviews,and only 5 mins away from airport.

also,where in the airport after arriving(international) do i go to book a hotel for 1 night,are there many kiosks about after clearing imm,as its looks highly likely i will need a stopover for 1 night,unless i clear imm/customs in less than 45 mins.

thanks

Edited by Chiangmai Foxy

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Sananwan Palace, very nice and friendly almost-new guesthouse about 20 min by taxi from the terminal, with pool under 500 Baht. My personal favourite. This thread has some of my pictures.

And here's the newest discovery: S.P. Power Lodge A/C, sat TV, 1300-1900 baht, 2-way airport transfers included.

Convenient Resort. Newly-built 4-story hotel at Lat Krabang, about 5-10 min. drive from the airport. 1000-1200 baht.

Floral Shire Resort is just on the edge of the airport, maybe 5 minutes from the terminal. 1200-1300 baht. Brand new. No pool. Sort of motel style.

Queen's Garden Resort only 5 - 10 min. from the airport. New, no pool, said to be pretty basic, not very clean. 900 baht.

Grand Inn Come, sort of a typical Thai small-town hotel on a noisy street, no pool, 20 min. from airport, 1800 baht. "Let out professional masseuses treat and pamper your stiff and stressed."

Avana Hotel, sort of the kind of suburban upscale hotel where Thais hold weddings and conferences. Pool and all the usual amenities, 1200 baht. Maybe about 25-30 min. from the airport.

Ibis Hua Mak Chain hotel about 30 min from the airport with reportedly small boxy rooms and gruff, unfriendly staff. Pool, 800-1200 baht.

Rachana Place, a hostel off the Bangna-Trat highway AWAY from the city centre, self-described 25 min. from the airport, 350 baht. Free WiFi.

On Nut Guest House, backpacker hostel about 35-40 min. from the airport and within walking distance of the end station of the Skytrain/BTS line.

Nasa-Vegas Hotel, many recommend. Said to be 15-25 min. from the airport. 590 baht, 900 baht rooms have a jacuzzi. No pool. At the moment, construction of the Airport Rail Link is taking place right next door.

Great list Billp,

I will be arriving at Suvarnabhumi around midnight (in April) and I want to catch the 8am bus from Swampy station to Aranyapratet. Which of these places do you suggest as closest, and convenient, to both Suvarnabhumi & Swampy station?

Stayed for 1 night at the Convenient Resort a couple of weeks ago - TBH800 + 100 booking online fee (can't remember who).

Included a free pick-up from Swampy to the hotel in an oldish Volvo 760, but no breakfast.

Travel time was about 10 minutes, and the hotel is just off the flight path, but little noise.

Rooms are basic, with large bed, a/c, TV (limited channels), fridge (2 free water), and bathroom.

Breakfast was also basic (ham, sausage, fried egg, small salad, coffee, powdered OJ) for TBH150 - suggest the Thai breakfast (khao dum) may be better value.

Can also get a limo back to Swampy for an extra TBH150 (or Don Muang for 900). As I was traveling to Don Muang and had plenty of time, I got the limo to drop me at the Swampy busport, and caught the public bus (554) for TBH34. A very hair-raising ride I might say, and the bus drops you off on the other side of the road from the terminal, so you need to lug your baggage across the overpass - not much fun.

It would not be easy to get a taxi from the hotel, unless you are traveling light - it is 3 - 400 metres up a side soi from the main road.

Also had a late night (about 11.30pm) oily in the room (they advertise 24 hour availability). Reasonable massage from a mature lass (TBH500). Offered trimmings for an extra 500.

Did I take it - not at that price.

• 2 months later...
Jackspratt, thanks for the first-hand review. I'll include some of your observations in future editions of The List.

In the past my wife and I stayed several times at Rama Garden, its near the old airport. Even now we still go and eat there, buffet, good value for a nice meal. Well worth a visit and pleasent to stay.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's a good list for hotels near the airport, for people on a budget.

I would imagine that the vast majority of people stay at a hotel near to the airport because of an early departure or early arrival.

I would say to those who arrive early, that if your destination is within taxi distance, then negotiate a price, or pre-book a dedicated driver and avoid the hotel stopover.

Those who have an early morning flight, let's say a check-in of 6.00 am-7.00 am then the whole point of a hotel stay near the airport is to get a good nights sleep and rest before what might be a long haul flight ahead.

I choose to stay at the only airport built at Suvarnabhumi Airport: Novotel.

Many people will ridicule me citing the cost. However if you consider that you can book in advance for about 4,500 baht and that will give you a luxurious room for two persons that does NOT require an early taxi ride.

I can safely say, having stayed there several times now, that the Novotel Hotel is of a very high standard for the price. It is 4,500 baht well spent.

• 3 weeks later...