Limited Access To Some Common Websites

joebuzzard

For the past couple of weeks I have been experiencing poor connectivity with such common websites as Yahoo, Google, Wikipedia and ThaiVisa.

I have to continually reset my modem.

True says there is no problems.

Could it be my modem or wireless set up? How can I perform a test, to make sure everything on my end is working properly?

I am using Windows XP, connecting via Dlink wireless router and ADSL modem.

I use Firefox as my main browser. The proxy configurations (manual or automatic) have no effect on the connectivity issues, though sometimes switching them will temporarily help.

Trying Open DNS now. Reconfigured my router.

It doesn't work. Still limited connectivity to ThaiVisa and various other websites, such as Wikipedia, Google, Yahoo, etc.

Have to continually reset my modem to get pages to load.

How can I run a test of my wireless network and modem to ensure those devices are working properly? If someone can point me toward some resources, I'd appreciate it.

Trying Open DNS now. Reconfigured my router.

It doesn't work. Still limited connectivity to ThaiVisa and various other websites, such as Wikipedia, Google, Yahoo, etc.

Have to continually reset my modem to get pages to load.

How can I run a test of my wireless network and modem to ensure those devices are working properly? If someone can point me toward some resources, I'd appreciate it.

Sorry, can't help with wireless network but just wanted to say that for the last 5 days or so I have been having very hard time getting to Thaivisa. The pages just wouldn't load. But it all changed yesterday - now perfectly normal again. So I'm pretty sure that there have been some major problems/work on the Internet since about Sunday, but that it's now OK. Fingers crossed.

The OpenDNS servers that I use are: 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 .

The Maxnet DNS servers are 203.121.130.39 and 203.121.130.42 .

If you want to find out quickly where the web site's server is located, Firefox has a neat add-on: Flagfox. It displays a country flag icon on the status bar, and when you click it, you get a map of the web page's server's location. For TV, you get Singapore:

tv.jpg

Get it here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5791