360 Deg Photos Of The Old City - New Web Site

whimsy

Found a useful new site. Mapjack.com They have taken 360 degree photo views down all the main streets and sois inside the moat in Chiang Mai.

You can move to any blue dot on either the street view or the Google Maps view of the old city. There is a 'link to this location' link that generates a url that you can then link to. For example the link in this post should open at the Montri Hotel corner. This should be a useful way to post a link to a photo of the street address we want to talk about.

Unfortunately the coverage is only for a small part of Chiang Mai right now, but perhaps they will expand it. They only cover two cities so far. Mapjack have also done the same thing for a large area of San Francisco.

post-18801-1204909025_thumb.jpg

Edited by PeaceBlondie

Well Mapjack have expanded their coverage of Chiang Mai already. As well as the streets of the old city, they now cover the major roads out as far as the superhighway in all directions, plus Chang Klan, Huawy Kaew road, Suthep road and the Nimmenheimen area.

The blue lines on the satellite view are the streets currently photographed. Can anyone see themselves in any of the photos?

post-18801-1205228140_thumb.jpg

Edited by whimsy

Well Mapjack have expanded their coverage of Chiang Mai already. As well as the streets of the old city, they now cover the major roads out as far as the superhighway in all directions, plus Chang Klan, Huawy Kaew road, Suthep road and the Nimmenheimen area.

This is amazing - Checking the map closely I think that I saw UG chatting up Brit Maverick outside TapaeGate. Someone should tell Brit that those off the shoulder tops don't go with his CFM boots

:o

CB

Very impressive!

I saw an SUV driving around Chiang Mai taking pictures a couple of months back with a name of some internet mapping thingy on the side. Guess this was the result. Thye actually drove up and down the small street where I live, but it doesn't appear on their coverage. More still to come maybe?

This is amazing - Checking the map closely I think that I saw UG chatting up Brit Maverick outside TapaeGate. Someone should tell Brit that those off the shoulder tops don't go with his CFM boots

CB

I'll make sure I consult you for fashion tips next time I hang around the TapaeGate!!! :D

CB

Crowboy loves to post his erotic dreams.

Was there a wet spot when you woke up? :D

• 2 weeks later...

CB

UG, your fly was open!

CB

UG, your fly was open!

Wasn't anything there to see! Just thought you might have been embarrassed!