Pigeons: How To Get Rid Of Them

AsiaWolfie

anybody had the same problem ? how to stop them loving my balcony so much ? I dont wanna use poison (well, if its the only way to stop that.... then I would consider, though) or shooooot them :o but it s.u.c.k.s to come back to BKK after 1 or 2 weeks when I am away and then the balcony is full of s.h.i.t all over .... they love to sit on the fans of my 2 AC machines which are on the balcony....

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anybody had the same problem ? how to stop them loving my balcony so much ? I dont wanna use poison (well, if its the only way to stop that.... then I would consider, though) or shooooot them  :o  but it s.u.c.k.s  to come back to BKK after 1 or 2 weeks when I am away and then the balcony is full of s.h.i.t all over .... they love to sit on the fans of my 2 AC machines which are on the balcony....

huh??

eat them, or get an Isaan gf who will do it for you :D

anybody had the same problem ? how to stop them loving my balcony so much ? I dont wanna use poison (well, if its the only way to stop that.... then I would consider, though) or shooooot them  :o  but it s.u.c.k.s  to come back to BKK after 1 or 2 weeks when I am away and then the balcony is full of s.h.i.t all over .... they love to sit on the fans of my 2 AC machines which are on the balcony....

Small metal wires or pins on their landing places will keep them away, make them about 10 cm long and about 10 cm apart

see info here also

http://www.bugspray.com/catalog/products/page174.html

I have no idea where you might get one in BKK but a bird of prey decoy seems to do the trick.

With all due respect professor, but the bird of prey decoy trick doesn't seem to work well with pidgeons. They tend to catch on really quick. Next thing you know, they start perching on the decoy's head.

For those who have single family, one or two story dwellings, a cat like mine might help. Scares off unwanted guests too.

crazycat3gc.jpg

How To Get Rid Of Them, they s.h.i.t on my balcony

interesting thread.. my parents have a prob with it..and they always ask me..even im a vet .. but i just dont know how to do..so i will follow this thread ..and tell my parents how to get rid em (by peace way..no kill)

Bambi :o

Be careful not to end up like this guy.

I say if you can't beat them, join them. A few weeks with you on the balcony taking your ablutions should be enough, then simply follow the topic in Pigeon.com to see how they plan to stop you from crapping on their balcony. Wise to their approach you could ace them by building some monsterously brutal yet slow and ineffective killing machine - a la the joker - and hey presto, you've spent an interesting three months.

Or you could just go with the Airsoft BB sniper rifle.

Good luck.

I have no idea where you might get one in BKK but a bird of prey decoy seems to do the trick.

For those who have single family, one or two story dwellings, a cat like mine might help. Scares off unwanted guests too.

When standing at my driveway gate to my castlette (read townhouse) having a ciggie, I used to regularly see rats scuttling from cover to cover in the soi.

Until one of the neighbours got a cat. I've never seen a rat since. :o

Ref bird decoys.

I've seen street vendors selling those plastic wind-up toys, the kind that you wind-up an elastic band then let it go and it flaps it's wings for a short length of time.

The plastic fabric is usually clear with a printed picture of an eagle on it.

Maybe worth a try to purchase one of these and just hang it up and let it dangle in the breeze. :D

In the UK I used plastic strips/wires. I would tie a lot of them around the pipe they would sit/shit on and they never went there again. My neighbour did not take my advice though so they went next door so still had the noise. After a week of them crapping alll over their kids they followed my lead.

Hi

Long time ago in a former life we had pigeon problems. We used strips of spikes as mention by “Darknight” The trick is to cover ALL the possible and sometimes impossible perching areas. If you only cover the place they are perching now they will just move along a bit.

Another trick we tried was the “Scary Eyes”. :o This we made ourselves, just a big “Smiley” face with large fierce eyes on A4 paper stuck on the inside patio windows. We did it on computer but easily made up from sticky paper.

Can’t say if the “Eyes” actually worked as we had the spikes at the same time and they certainly did.

You can make your own spiky things by hammering long thin nails through pieces of plywood and lay them on your AC while away. Don’t have the nails too far apart as the pidgins will just roost in between.

Goo Luck :D

sneeze on them

in all seriousness it is a problem, they are clever and adaptable little beggers and if you do not want to have all the wiring and jelly about the place you are going to have to shoot them, they will soon learn and you will have piece for a while untill the next bunch turn up, it would turn out to be a fornightly cull if you are lucky

As a retired aircraft engineer I endured years of pigeon crap falling from the hangar roofs as these pests returned to roost at night and often during the day. We tried everything to no avail until one day we obtained the 'fix'. To get rid of them you must deny them any roosting space. This was done with a commercially produced nylon brush mat which came in differnt widths and lengths. It was wired around all the roosting spots. They detest trying to stand on the bristles since they sink into it so off they go to look for a comfortable spot.

I suggest that you look around the hardware stores for those nylon bristle door mats and cover your AC units surfaces (stick them on with contact cement)

How to get rid of pests like pidgeons and seagulls..

Buy bread and ratsack

pull out nice soft bits of bread

stick ratsack inside small bread pieces and squish up to hide ratsack

stick all over balcony

wait for greedy pidgeons to eat said balls of bread

watch as pidgeons explode from inside out after ingesting ratsack

:o:D

As a retired aircraft engineer I endured years of pigeon crap falling from the hangar roofs as these pests returned to roost at night and often during the day. We tried everything to no avail until one day we obtained the 'fix'. To get rid of them you must deny them any roosting space. This was done with a commercially produced nylon brush mat which came in differnt widths and lengths. It was wired around all the roosting spots. They detest trying to stand on the bristles since they sink into it so off they go to look for a comfortable spot.

I suggest that you look around the hardware stores for those nylon bristle door mats and cover your AC units surfaces (stick them on with contact cement)

Will try it. Do you think it's a fire hazard for the AC unit? (no idea)

:o

1) Get a bird net. They look like fishing nets and I have seen loads of people (usually motorbike taxi drivers in BKK) hand-tie them as a hobby.

or

2) wrap metallic potassium in tin foil and put in bread. feed them.

or

3) kill one or two and hang them up on the balcony. The others will be deterred by the sight of dead pigeons. Stinks for a week or so until the carcasses are dry, and will generate maggots for the first one or two weeks but after that they will be like any old wind chime (but with feathers)

There's a Bukowski short story set in a prison where one of the characters had to clean the prison yard every day. It was always full of mess from the pidgeons that used to roost on the roof there. One day he had enough. He caught a pidgeon and cut it's feet off and threw them up on the roof as a warning to the other pidgeons to stay away. Needless to say it didn't have any effect and they continued as before.... :o

Buy bread and ratsack

stick all over balcony

:o  :D

Aha! A cunning plan Rooboy....... Well thought out and would love to see it in action.

"pigeons explode from inside out" :D

Wolfie, keep us posted :D

Think yourself lucky that elephants don't fly. Have you seen the mess that they make when they crap?

............and if any of 'em sat on your air conditioning unit you'd be going back to sweaty nights.

I never had any problem with flying pidgeons, it's those ###### pink flying pigs that irritate me.

UDON, will you come over to Bangkok and clean the mess after they "exploded from the inside" on my balcony ??? :o

Buy bread and ratsack

stick all over balcony

:D  :D

Aha! A cunning plan Rooboy....... Well thought out and would love to see it in action.

"pigeons explode from inside out" :D

Wolfie, keep us posted :D