Sukhumvit Beggar/scammer Revisited

The Dude

I posted a pic of this character in another thread about a different beggar a few weeks ago. I had told a story about this Sukhumvit farang ghetto beggar/scam artist. I had seen this person around Sukhumvit for a few years when in june he sits down at a street table and starts telling my tourist friend some elaborate story about how he has a plane ticket but no departure tax cash. My friend saw holes in the story and called him on it and pissing off the wacko who buggered off.

OK so last night as I was walking into the Soi 3 7/11 near the Nana crossing and just as I'm about to go inside the store I realize that the beggar dude is standing in front of the table where books are sold in front of the 7/11. He is talking with a 20ish English chap. I decide that I will listen in for a bit and see what the discussion is all about. Sure enough I hear the words "need 500 baht for departure tax" come out as part of some elaborate story. The Dude (me) at this point intervenes and tells the Brit that the said beggar/scammer has pulled this be4. The scam dude claimed that he never ever did that be4 and that his story was genuine. This dude is looking mighty frail these days also. Not that it matters but that dude say he is Canadian.

post-17985-1133333113_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Dude

The Dude (me) at this point intervenes and tells the Brit that the said beggar/scammer has pulled this be4.

hahaha... after the dude says many dude words , its better to point who is the dude and who is other dude as the dude just did.. i dig now, dude :o

..... The scam dude claimed that he never ever did that be4 and that his story was genuine. This dude is looking mighty frail these days also. Not that it matters but that dude say he is Canadian.

This guy approached me last weekend on Sukhumvit and Soi 19 and told me that he from San Diego. He then asked a few harmless questions and then began to launch into his sad story. I stopped him and said I had no interest in anything financial and had heard many scams since I lived in Bangkok. He got pissed. Then as I walked away, he said "bless you"but I think he was thinking something else. :o

Thanks for the picture as now I am sure it is the same guy. There is another guy who hangs out on the Skybridge near Central Chitlom with a sign saying he needs 8000 more baht for a ticket home and he is definitely a different guy. Heard the Chitlom guy was from Holland I think.

The Dude (me) at this point intervenes and tells the Brit that the said beggar/scammer has pulled this be4.

hahaha... after the dude says many dude words , its better to point who is the dude and who is other dude as the dude just did.. i dig now, dude :D

The gbt71fa agrees with you Bambina. The gbt71fa was also confused by the Dude's name and then calling the scammer, "dude". The gt71fa is ashamed of the farang scammer. Saying "The gbt71fa" isn't as cool sounding as The Dude saying "The Dude". :o

The gbt71fa agrees with you Bambina.  The gbt71fa was also confused by the Dude's name and then calling the scammer, "dude".  The gt71fa is ashamed of the farang scammer.  Saying "The gbt71fa" isn't as cool sounding as The Dude saying "The Dude". :D

bambi agree with gbt71fa ..but its common in LOS that people call emselves as 3rd person ..

by the way , the dude met a farang dude beggar that different from bambi met that dude ..

bambi wish the dude take a foto of that dude on BTS station, so people can dig that dude

dude...bambi is confused now...

ohhhh myyyyy duuuudeeeeeee :o

/edit..sorry dudes ... spelling time for wrong typo , dude

Edited by BambinA

Love the farang begger calendar! Here's my contribution. This is a German guy who came into my bar some months back with a hard-luck story about being robbed. He was waiting for his son to send money from Germany the next day. Could he borrow 1500 baht for one day and pay me the next day? He even showed me a copy of a so-called police report....

I lent him the money . . did he come back?? Not a chance!!

post-174-1133525905_thumb.jpg