Immigration Office Open Saturday?

WNOVAK

If you are on a 30 day entry stamp i.e no visa then a 10 day extension is the norm...................if you are here on a tourist visa i.e 60 day stay then a 30 day extension is the norm.

Regardless which one it is the fee is 1900 baht.

I went to the old place in Soi 8 ( last year ) with a multiple O visa ( albeit about to expire) and was offered 7 days extenstion.. :o when I protested he offered 14 days :D

I did a " visa run " to Cambodia and got 30 days instead.

Obviously he didn't like my face :D

I went to the old place in Soi 8 ( last year ) with a multiple O visa ( albeit about to expire) and was offered 7 days extenstion.. :o when I protested he offered 14 days :D

I did a " visa run " to Cambodia and got 30 days instead.

Obviously he didn't like my face :D

Ive never tried to extend a Non Imm O visa , when the 90 days are up i always just do a "run"..............it was my understanding that you are lucky to get any type of extension (other than marriage/retirement etc) after the 90 days are up.

Can be a bit of a pain if you need just an extra few days after the 90 days stay.

Fairly sure Silent Tiger is not on an O visa...............so it/ll be either 10 days or 30 days for him.

(Presume you mean a Non Imm O by the term "multiple O" ?)

Edited by thaiflyer1

(Presume you mean a Non Imm O by the term "multiple O" ?)

Yes Non Imm O multiple entry.

Recently went to the new place in Soi 5 Jomtien...to try to get a "comfirmation of place of residence " , as needed for a driving licence and bank account...had a few days left on my 90 day stamp..the imigration officer told me to go do the visa run first :D then come back to see her again when I had more days left on my entry stamp :D ...trouble is that was the last 90 days I could get on that particular Non Imm O visa ( it expired ) so I didn't bother going back as they won't issue the certificate on a 30 day " tourist " stamp :o:D

Edited by johng

Ive got a 60 day visa & need f**king 11 days extention LOL

Can i get a 15 day in bkk ?

S.T if you have a 60 day tourist visa you/ll get a 30 day extension at Jomtien............the 10 day extension they hand out are for those arriving without any visa and recieving a "free" 30 day entry stamp at the airport.

You/ll need a passport pic and copies of details page and visa page of passport and 1900 baht..........(ive no doubt there will be a photo/copying shop set up at Soi 5 incase you dont have them as before down soi 8)

(I/d take your flight ticket with you as well.............odds are you wont be asked for it,but you never know)

Edited by thaiflyer1

....to try to get a "comfirmation of place of residence " , as needed for a driving licence and bank account...

...trouble is that was the last 90 days I could get on that particular Non Imm O visa ( it expired ) so I didn't bother going back as they won't issue the certificate on a 30 day " tourist " stamp :o:D

Not true. I got my first certificate in October while on a 30 day stamp (at the soi 8 office). I went back in December (to the soi 5 office now) and got another certificate, still on a (new) 30 day stamp. (That's all I have, as I don't feel like travelling home to try and get a longer visa at this point).

I have a bank account and a moto in my name (plus the telephone/internet).

Then again, maybe she like my face :D

Where exactly is this Jomtien office at? I may be in need of it as my visa may run out before I leave.

If I am only over my 30 days by a few days is there any problem just paying the 500 baht/day fine a the airport?

If I am only over my 30 days by a few days is there any problem just paying the 500 baht/day fine a the airport?

Its not recommended but if you make it to the airport then yes you can simply pay the overstay........you/ll get an overstay stamp in your passport but it wont affect future visits.

IMO your better off not taking the risk ............go for the extension. :o

When joy of joys I finally get to hang up the boots in Pong, I will be bringing wife, mit boy in tow. Over fifty with the correct dosh in place , wife not a problem, but son is autistic ( however, not aggressive in any way and is a true blessing ) and sadly will never be able to make his own way.

I have been told by the lovely Mrs WONG in the Thai Consulate in HK that the bestowing of dependant visas is purely discretionary, ( what side of the bed......etc etc ) and down to the whim on the day. Simple question, opinions sought on what you guys think would be the best spot to get the ball rolling, BK or this new office ?

Many thanks. :o

I have no knowledge of dependent visas, but Pattaya immigration has the authority to issue retirement visas on the spot, and usually do so immediately, if you've got the 800K in the bank.

Maybe worth checking out the dependant visa situation, either on your next visit to Pattaya, or check the TV visa forum - there's some pretty good expertise there.

Yep, retirement visa is the easiest and fastest way. Many married people just put in the extra 400,000 (married requires only 400,000 in the bank) because then you just get the 1 year extension on the spot...

And welcome to the Pong community :o:D

Thanks again to all. It will be a couple of years yet before full time golf, bowls ( lawn ) and buckets of Chang, but I get down every month or so, thus a trip to Jomtien to path the way seems on the cards.

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to go to Jomtien and get a 10 day extension on my 30 day stamp. What will I need to bring with me other than my passport?

I read through their web site posted above and it seemed like they do not offer extensions on 30 day stamps. Can anyone tell me for sure?

I have no knowledge of dependent visas, but Pattaya immigration has the authority to issue retirement visas on the spot, and usually do so immediately, if you've got the 800K in the bank.

Seriously ? I thought you had to apply for that from an embassy outside the country ? (I'm just on the 30 day transit visa right now).

Or is it that they will give you a retirement visa, if you are already on another type of visa and have the cash in the bank (and are 50+ years old).

Wonder if they'd give me the 1 year retirement visa, even though I'm 5 years short of the minimum age ? Think they'd notice if you didn't mention it ? :o

Just got back from the immigration office in Jomtien. A copy of my passport, a photo and 1900 Baht got me a 15 day extension stamp in my passport lickity split, nothing to it.

Seriously ? I thought you had to apply for that from an embassy outside the country ? (I'm just on the 30 day transit visa right now).

Or is it that they will give you a retirement visa, if you are already on another type of visa and have the cash in the bank (and are 50+ years old).

Wonder if they'd give me the 1 year retirement visa, even though I'm 5 years short of the minimum age ? Think they'd notice if you didn't mention it ? :o

Its the 1yr extension to the original Non Imm O Pattaya give you .

As you rightly point out you need to obtain the Non Imm O outside of Thailand in the first instance.