BMA promotes canal tourism

webfact

BMA promotes canal tourism

BANGKOK, 4 September 2017 (NNT) - The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) is promoting canal tourism with the cooperation of communities that take part in developing new canal tourist sites. 

Deputy Governor of Bangkok, Chakkraphan Phiew-ngam on Sunday presided over the opening ceremony of a traveling photo exhibition at the Talat Nam Song Khlong floating market, Wat Taling Chan. The BMA, communities surrounding the floating market and the Tourism Authority of Thailand, Taling Chang Office, have collaborated to organize the exhibition to promote canal tourism. 

The exhibition is expected to help create jobs and better distribute income in the surrounding communities. 

The floating market is located inside Wat Taling Chan in Taling Chan district. There are numerous canals in Taling Chan. In the future, the BMA will develop waterside communities as tourist sites to provide an opportunity for tourists to experience the way of life of people in the communities.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-09-04

15 hours ago, samsensam said:

they might want to invest in cleaning up the canals then... i use them regularly for speed and convenience, but they are not a particularly pleasant tourist experience. 

If my home had any space that smelled as bad as some of the khlongs, I'd do my best to keep my visitors away from the area, even if it meant making them go the long way around and forgoing the 2 bit tour.