Britain could still reverse Brexit, former minister Heseltine says

webfact

10 hours ago, nanglong218 said:

Pitrevie, the Tony Benn quote.  Chang 50, shame on you, goebbels ??  how many of your countrymen died to rid the world of such filth, 

I stand by my comment.How many of my fallen fighting fascism countrymen would indeed be ashamed of the brazen lies told in the brexit campaign and since.Goebbels said the bigger the lie the more likely it was to be believed.Evil man prophetic words.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That woman should spend her money on putting her views to the electorate. She would then be fully exposed for the Walter Mitty character that she is.

But the thing is, much of the money is from business contacts.

She's just a jump up trollop with a gob to match, however I complete agree reference the Walter Mitty character.

It's easy to mouth off when your using other people's money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, chang50 said:

I stand by my comment.How many of my fallen fighting fascism countrymen would indeed be ashamed of the brazen lies told in the brexit campaign and since.Goebbels said the bigger the lie the more likely it was to be believed.Evil man prophetic words.

The biggest, nastiest, most intimidating lie being, of course, the threat by then Chancellor George Osborne to hold an emergency budget straight after a leave result that would take an average of £4000 a year off every family in the country. Thankfully, enough people stood up for their principles against this hideous lie. Though one can only speculate how much bigger the vote to leave would have been if his lying threat had not been made.

5 minutes ago, nanglong218 said:

Scott, pls reinsert my comment in your chosen font

That is a lot less easy for a moderator to do than for a person to post correctly in the first place.   I've done it, but future posts will just hit the dust bin.  

4 hours ago, Khun Han said:

That woman should spend her money on putting her views to the electorate. She would then be fully exposed for the Walter Mitty character that she is.

The issue is not her views at all. The issue is that she has won her arguments in a court of law. Oh! I almost forgot! The British Law Courts are Enemies of The People for the Hard Brexiteers. Try a different tack.

3 hours ago, citybiker said:

But the thing is, much of the money is from business contacts.

She's just a jump up trollop with a gob to match, however I complete agree reference the Walter Mitty character.

It's easy to mouth off when your using other people's money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A jumped up trollop who seems to understand the law a little better than HM Government. Which gives us some perspective on the limited capabilities of the current 'hopeless' Theresa May (hopeless as in described by leading Tory donor)

39 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

The issue is not her views at all. The issue is that she has won her arguments in a court of law. Oh! I almost forgot! The British Law Courts are Enemies of The People for the Hard Brexiteers. Try a different tack.

Huh?

"Gina Miller stuffs Theresa May for a second time"

Could you please provide a reference to the court judgment that your quote above implies?

Note to everybody else: He got carried away with the Project Fear campaign, as do all the other remainers on this forum. The fact that Tony Blair is transformed from War Criminal into remain hero for Project Fear puts their desperate and hugely aggressive campaign into perspective: The campaign of politicians whose political (and, in the case of the war criminal Blair, personal) futures depend on the survival of the EU, supported by an assortment of wannabes and useful idiots.

10 hours ago, Khun Han said:

Tony Benn and Enoch Powell were routinely presented as the pantomime villains of politics in the 1970s. Everything they said was distorted and ridiculed by the msm. The idea that their views on the EEC were even taken seriously by the masses is just another gross misrepresentation by the forum's remainers.

So first nobody was told about it,  and when that is shown to be patently false you claim that the everything they said was distorted and ridiculed and never taken seriously by the masses or the MSM but apparently given wide reportage at the time. Have you now taken on the role as spokesman for the masses? 

9 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Gina Miller stuffs Theresa May for a second time.

This vile unelected mouthpiece has not stuffed Teresa May or the British people. She is a typical snowflake who is only interested in herself. She cries and plays the racist card when she wants and frankly she deserves all the trouble that comes her way. She doesn't deserve air time on TV. I hope she loses millions on her stupid court cases.

8 hours ago, Khun Han said:

The biggest, nastiest, most intimidating lie being, of course, the threat by then Chancellor George Osborne to hold an emergency budget straight after a leave result that would take an average of £4000 a year off every family in the country. Thankfully, enough people stood up for their principles against this hideous lie. Though one can only speculate how much bigger the vote to leave would have been if his lying threat had not been made.

I suspect that Osborne's obvious lie made quite a few (previously unsure) voters angry enough to vote 'leave'! 

5 hours ago, pitrevie said:

So first nobody was told about it,  and when that is shown to be patently false you claim that the everything they said was distorted and ridiculed and never taken seriously by the masses or the MSM but apparently given wide reportage at the time. Have you now taken on the role as spokesman for the masses? 

This is a re-run from the 600+ page topic. In 1975 there was no www and most folks were quite rightly in their locals, rather than watching Panorama. Fewer people still took any notice of Enoch Powell or Tony Benn in the early 70's, Powell especially after his '68 Rivers speech. Otherwise, broadly speaking, the EEC was sold as the common market and that was true in 1973 and 1975. Heath certainly intentionally hid the truth. Few people at the time were aware that this was more than a trading agreement.  

7 hours ago, Khun Han said:

Huh?

"Gina Miller stuffs Theresa May for a second time"

Could you please provide a reference to the court judgment that your quote above implies?

Note to everybody else: He got carried away with the Project Fear campaign, as do all the other remainers on this forum. The fact that Tony Blair is transformed from War Criminal into remain hero for Project Fear puts their desperate and hugely aggressive campaign into perspective: The campaign of politicians whose political (and, in the case of the war criminal Blair, personal) futures depend on the survival of the EU, supported by an assortment of wannabes and useful idiots.

The court judgment is with reference to the Conservative Government alliance with the DUP. It contains a budgetary commitment which is subject to being passed in Parliament.

5 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

This vile unelected mouthpiece has not stuffed Teresa May or the British people. She is a typical snowflake who is only interested in herself. She cries and plays the racist card when she wants and frankly she deserves all the trouble that comes her way. She doesn't deserve air time on TV. I hope she loses millions on her stupid court cases.

Better to ally with Rees-Mogg opposer of abortions for rape/incest victims, no?

5 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Well the bill has been passed in parliament, so finally many MP's voted as they should have for their constituents. a step closer from the clutches of the stranglehold the EU has on the UK.:partytime2:

Well no it hasn't. What MPs voted on was to allow the withdrawal bill to progress through Parliament. The debate was on the second reading of the bill, when MPs are asked to vote on the general principle, rather than the details. That is to follow. Do no forum Brexiteers understand parliamentary procedure? No wonder they prefer Royal Prerogative!

6 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Better to ally with Rees-Mogg opposer of abortions for rape/incest victims, no?

2 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I think you have a thing for him, as you can't stop mentioning his name. So to answer the question your last word says it. He isn't a snowflake.

Rees Mogg just happens to be the latest pin-up boy for the Hard Brexit crowd. Nobody should stop mentioning his views towards victims of rape/incest, however uncomfortable it might be for those Brexiteers who just don't care.

6 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

More vile than Rees-Mogg on rape/incest it would appear from some of the Hard Brexiteers on this forum.

Just now, SheungWan said:

More vile than Rees-Mogg on rape/incest it would appear from some of the Hard Brexiteers on this forum.

You need to get off your soap box.  Start a new thread on Rees Mogg as you seem obsessed with him. As for replying to your other posts I don't want to waste the 2 calories I would use.

27 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

The court judgment is with reference to the Conservative Government alliance with the DUP. It contains a budgetary commitment which is subject to being passed in Parliament.

Is there a court judgment on this? All I can find is a letter from Miller's lawyers and a confirmation from the government that it will follow parliamentary procedure at the appropriate time.

38 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

8 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

Is there a court judgment on this? All I can find is a letter from Miller's lawyers and a confirmation from the government that it will follow parliamentary procedure at the appropriate time.

No. Not quite. She lodged a complaint about the legal basis for releasing funds agree with the DUP but not yet made available. The Treasury solicitor said 'it will have appropriate parliamentary authorisation....No timetable has been set for the making of such payments'. So, forced the government's hand. Why? Because they would have lost it in a court of law and the government have not been too successful in that regard recently.

14 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

No. Not quite. She lodged a complaint about the legal basis for releasing funds agree with the DUP but not yet made available. The Treasury solicitor said 'it will have appropriate parliamentary authorisation....No timetable has been set for the making of such payments'. So, forced the government's hand. Why? Because they would have lost it in a court of law and the government have not been too successful in that regard recently.

Huh??? How can you infer all that from a government reply which simply confirms that the government will seek parliamentary approval at the appropriate time? It's far easier to interpret Miller's (or, more accurately, her puppet masters') actions as thinking they were onto something and getting ahead of themselves. Or knowing that they were grandstanding with an empty gesture which would get their cause lots of publicity.

24 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

Huh??? How can you infer all that from a government reply which simply confirms that the government will seek parliamentary approval at the appropriate time? It's far easier to interpret Miller's (or, more accurately, her puppet masters') actions as thinking they were onto something and getting ahead of themselves. Or knowing that they were grandstanding with an empty gesture which would get their cause lots of publicity.

Magic.

Edited by SheungWan

8 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Magic.

Arrogance!

A Labour MP telling the truth.

Meanwhile, Labour's former minister Caroline Flint defied the three-line whip to abstain, accusing opponents of the repeal Bill of wanting to “thwart the result of the EU referendum and prevent or delay the UK leaving the EU”.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/852943/Brexit-news-EU-withdrawal-bill-vote-seven-Labour-MPs-rebel-Jeremy-Corbyn-Theresa-May