Army storms Cozy Beach in beach vendor crackdown

Rimmer

Army storms Cozy Beach in beach vendor crackdown

image.jpeg

PATTAYA:--The military moved the front lines of its war on beach vendors to Cozy Beach, cracking down on vendors not complying with its new policies on beach chair and umbrella renting.

National Council for Peace and Order Banglamung’s Maj. Suwit Laklang and Pattaya municipal police chief Maj. Jirawat Sukontasap led a squad of soldiers to the Pratamnak Hill beachfront Aug. 28 to measure and reorganize plots rented by vendors.

Cozy Beach is approximately 329 meters long and has 16 beach operators who have been downsized to a single 63-sq.-meter plot with just 1.5 meters separating each plot. That leaves 47 percent of the beach available to the public for free.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2017-09-08

• 1 month later...

It's getting better day by day and why bother about the 'free zones'?

There are 3 100 meter free zones along Jomtien Beach Road and just a hand full of beach goers can be found there. 

The army and the police should make an inventory of real issues in Pattaya and create a plan of approach instead of this useless and annoying drills. 

I'd never thought I would say this, but I left Patters 3 months ago and i don't miss it for a single day. 

18 hours ago, lvr181 said:

And the beach vendors will obey - for a few days at least.

And then the Pattaya Police will do nothing more until the Army comes along again and kicks their collective backsides.

There are only two restaurants on CB.  We need more not less.  We need the piles of rubbish taken away and the motor boat disturbing the peace with all day mindless techno pounding out silenced. 

4 hours ago, joepattaya1961 said:

It's getting better day by day and why bother about the 'free zones'?

There are 3 100 meter free zones along Jomtien Beach Road and just a hand full of beach goers can be found there. 

The army and the police should make an inventory of real issues in Pattaya and create a plan of approach instead of this useless and annoying drills. 

I'd never thought I would say this, but I left Patters 3 months ago and i don't miss it for a single day. 

Where are you now?  I was in Saigon this year and it was a lot more free spirited than current puritanical Thailand. 

18 hours ago, The manic said:

Where are you now?  I was in Saigon this year and it was a lot more free spirited than current puritanical Thailand. 

I settled down in Sofia instead. A lot of things are similar to Thailand, but the weather is a lot more bearable. 

People, traffic, corruption and difference between rich and poor can be compared to Thailand. 

Not that I'll be a anti-Thailand moaner, but after 14 years it was time to move on. 

The only thing is, that from a distance I see going the country going down the drain and countries around, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam and Myanmar are taking over...tourism, economy and prosperity.