What are these orange machines for?

Hal65

Just now, themerg said:

top-up mobile phone. Usually an additional 5 baht fee for every 100 baht you put on your phone.

Some do ours dont put 100 bht on get a hundred bht.

Put less than a hundred then its a 2bht fee

Which is where they make there money as most customers using ours are school kids putting 20 bht a day on.

11 hours ago, JaiMaai said:

Don't need to read Thai. You can change it English.

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

I take it you need a special card. Where can it be bought? How can you load it with funds?

On 9/12/2017 at 7:41 AM, jeab1980 said:

Easy to use language can be changed to english top up your mobile phones.

We have one in shop good little money earners.

How do you change to English? There are no English instructions.

Similar to ticket machines at Dtac. You need to get a certain ticket depending on what you want to do. But instructions are in Thai only.  

BTW when I see ads in Thai only (for instance at BTS stations) I wonder why they don't want to sell to English speakers. It might cost a couple Baht, if anything, to add some English.

33 minutes ago, elgenon said:

How do you change to English? There are no English instructions.

Similar to ticket machines at Dtac. You need to get a certain ticket depending on what you want to do. But instructions are in Thai only.  

BTW when I see ads in Thai only (for instance at BTS stations) I wonder why they don't want to sell to English speakers. It might cost a couple Baht, if anything, to add some English.

Tap the screen and see oh look select language.

Ps we are in thailand so they add instructions for the indigenous population not the small percent of foriegn nationals.

Do they put instructions in Thai for vending machines in your home country?

Edited by jeab1980

21 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

Ps we are in thailand so they add instructions for the indigenous population not the small percent of foriegn nationals.

Since English is the lingua franca of most of the tourists it would be helpful to a business. Now an employee has to come over to the machine and use it for you. The majority of the customers I see in Dtac in MBK and Central Festival Pattaya are foreigners. These are not regular vending machines. Their purpose is to free employees from doing this job. All I'm saying is it would not be difficult and it would help the business save money and the customers save time.  

43 minutes ago, elgenon said:

Since English is the lingua franca of most of the tourists it would be helpful to a business. Now an employee has to come over to the machine and use it for you. The majority of the customers I see in Dtac in MBK and Central Festival Pattaya are foreigners. These are not regular vending machines. Their purpose is to free employees from doing this job. All I'm saying is it would not be difficult and it would help the business save money and the customers save time.  

These machines arent in dtac shops they are dotted around everywhere in thailand villages ect for thais to use. But have an Englidh menu

Edited by jeab1980

These machines are useful to increase your prepaid cellphone validity...

it allows you to top up 10 baht plus 2 baht fee which adds a month of validity to your phone - With True you can do this 12 times to give you a year of vilidity... useful if you plan on leaving the country for extended periods and want to retain your SIM card and phone number...

On 9/13/2017 at 9:38 AM, jeab1980 said:

I think you are right. Those vending machines for BTS and MRT should only have instructions and fare costs in Thai. Then most of us will be surprised where we end up. We will see unexpected places. Good idea!

18 minutes ago, elgenon said:

I think you are right. Those vending machines for BTS and MRT should only have instructions and fare costs in Thai. Then most of us will be surprised where we end up. We will see unexpected places. Good idea!

This isnt about mrt or bts ticket machines its about the phone top up ones. I despair

28 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

This isnt about mrt or bts ticket machines its about the phone top up ones. I despair

On 9/13/2017 at 9:38 AM, jeab1980 said:

You said vending machines. Did you forget? I am responding to what you wrote. Sigh.