"Toothless cowards who attack women" - British bar owner hits out at bike gang who hurt his wife and trashed his bar in Surin

webfact

There is a restaurant down the other end of Soi Kola that is often frequented by local MPs (or ex-MPs these days) of all political persuasions, and high ranking army officers.  I doubt if the well connected owners, or their "Hi-So" customers, want a foreign turf war on their doorstep.  These people definitely have the power make this problem "disappear", and are a very good reason for the army to get involved.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crash999 said:

Deport them. Criminal behavior in association with organized crime groups. There should be zero tolerance for that. 

Deport who?  They are Thai right?  well most of the bikers I see are Thai with a few old farang who think they are still in a 60s/70s timewarp

Edited by LannaGuy

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

seen the biker clubs in Oz, where they do nothing for the community

and the opposite is more true...

... yet their Tasman cousins spend a lot of time and energy in the community particularly with the elderly and infirm!!!

1 hour ago, masuk said:

Which is why bikies are banned in Queensland.  They also had connections with drugs.

they moved 100meters over the border to new south wales 55

1 hour ago, masuk said:

Which is why bikies are banned in Queensland.  They also had connections with drugs.

This being the third update of the Surin bar 'massacre', I have to say that our poor 'victim' should know, by now, that he's flogging a dead horse. Calling the biker gang 'thugs' and 'toothless cowards' is hardly going to strengthen his hand and, nearly a week after the first fracas, it looks like the cops can't or don't want to get involved.

Sometimes you simply need to know when it's time to cut your losses and to move on. Could he or his now injured wife ever feel happy, working in that hostile environment again? Move on, mate . . . there has to be something better than all this agro.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, thaifan01 said:

I agree with the bar owner, only chicken shit cowards act like this. A real bunch of losers if u ask me.

But still, i am a bit curious on the reason for the attack...

I thought it was previously reported that these dudes opened an opposition bar called Cross  Pistons  or similar and there was a 'turf war'.  I think it would be a good place to start the investigation at the new bar.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ossy said:

This being the third update of the Surin bar 'massacre', I have to say that our poor 'victim' should know, by now, that he's flogging a dead horse. Calling the biker gang 'thugs' and 'toothless cowards' is hardly going to strengthen his hand and, nearly a week after the first fracas, it looks like the cops can't or don't want to get involved.

Sometimes you simply need to know when it's time to cut your losses and to move on. Could he or his now injured wife ever feel happy, working in that hostile environment again? Move on, mate . . . there has to be something better than all this agro.

Your kind of right in your thinking but this whole thing is so wrong.

If the Army allows this situation to worsen its pretty obvious that the bikies will have a bar in every big Isaan city. We know they are in Roiet and Surin. If not already they will have bars in Maha Sarakham, Khon Kaen, Nong Kai, Buriram and god know where else. Then they can distribute their drugs and basically do whatever they want.

There must be a good reason why the Army is allowing this to go on.

The Australian media is conducting research now to do a big story on how the bikies that got kicked out of Australia are now the drug dealers of Thailand.

Edited by Toshiba66

1 hour ago, wirat69 said:

... yet their Tasman cousins spend a lot of time and energy in the community particularly with the elderly and infirm!!!

Hey, the Mafia in many places, while shaking down people for protection money and distributing drugs, still tried to burnish their image by doing "community projects" using their ill-gotten gains. It also gave the organisations some cover to hide behind when the authorities turned the heat up... "hey, we're just a community support organisation". And that's why there was often ambivalence towards them from locals ... to some, their presence was beneficial (or looked that way). The same tactic is used by some Islamic terrorist groups. And bikers. Don't be fooled....

Edited by Docno
typo

In a case like this, the army might make a difference. I don't know if this applies to Thailand, but in many places, soldiers are less corrupt than police officers (at the individual level, not institutional). This is because 1) they usually don't hail from the same community to which they're posted, 2) they are moved around more often, and 3) they are subject to stricter discipline and harsher punishments. So these bikers may have been on more solid ground when only the police enforced the law. 

27 minutes ago, Toshiba66 said:

Your kind of right in your thinking but this whole thing is so wrong.

If the Army allows this situation to worsen its pretty obvious that the bikies will have a bar in every big Isaan city. We know they are in Roiet and Surin. If not already they will have bars in Maha Sarakham, Khon Kaen, Nong Kai, Buriram and god know where else. Then they can distribute their drugs and basically do whatever they want.

There must be a good reason why the Army is allowing this to go on.

The Australian media is conducting research now to do a big story on how the bikies that got kicked out of Australia are now the drug dealers of Thailand.

Problem is............. Drugs have not stopped being distributed because even POLICE in AUSTRALIA are continually being caught as perpetrators - yes dealers and distributors! QUEENSLAND's VLAD laws are bullshit and it is offensive that they were even permitted. The Nomads are amateurs in a big game of players

Where in Surin did this happen, Soi Kola or somewhere else??.. Soi Kola had that terrible nightclub, a few Karaoke joints, Nobbys, The Beach and some shops near the end as I remember. The Monkey Bar was a new addition and later another Farang opened a bar??? One of the bikers caused a scene and was 86'ed from the Monkey Bar and later returned with some mates to get satisfaction? Why would some guy open a pub in close proximity to those already in Soi Kola that cater to the ExPat community??? Just what is "The Rest of the Story"?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sawadeeken said:

This group of bikers have brought a lot of 'BAD attention' onto the other biker clubs.... Maybe t

Exactly what I was thinking, a public relations disaster. You know, all those guys keeping a low profile, doing their thing, now this sh*t storm hits the media. It's gonna take an awful lot of charity work to put this one right.

17 minutes ago, idman said:

Just what is "The Rest of the Story"?

Ask the "Crossed Pistons"; not a peep from them I notice; maybe an intrepid reporter can pay a visit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ossy said:

It seems that Thaivisa has decided to make this news and is doing the 'reporting' themselves. Does the guy know one of the moderators? Or can we all lobby Thaivisa with our problems and 'news' items? The 'report' also mentions some of the posts made by Thaivisa members on the topic. Is this a once off or will anything we say on here appear in the next 'report'???

• Haha 1