Here's what the Full Moon Party looked like 25 years ago

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

Now it's just full of "Twatpackers"

It was then too... just a different era...  but they are hardly <deleted>, just people relaxing and enjoying themselves...

... no worries, good fun, freedom, a good time of life.....   It's not anything I'd enjoy now, but 20 years ago it was good fun as were many other things I've grown out of. 

I wouldn't begrudge anyone wishing to enjoy the same things... I do however, begrudge the small minded miserable farts who criticize with insult and can't recognize that others like to have fun, relax and enjoy themselves in a manner they themselves wouldn't choose or missed out on.

I am joking I watche'd something on youtube that mentioned Twatpackers and found it quite funny I have been to so many full moon party's and can't remember most of them .

Lighten up I loved backpacking around the world in the 90s probably would still now if I didn't have baggage.

I don't recall there being as many people but not sure where this video is from.  Or where I was for that matter.  Ha.  Samui prob.  Koh pang nga was nothing.  Had a guy living there almost alone.  He had a pet bear.  Anybody remember him? 

The crowd looks like a bit of yaa maa was in mix.  That was the beginning of meth production on massive scale.  Also lots shrooms and ecstacy 

Looks like some are jellace   why are they as stupid as today and whyBloody hippies  

was a great time 25 years ago and now they do the same maybe u are both shirt tie and dont know how to enjoy life 

what are you doing here then  winging winging   bad place you know you can Always leave and let the rest  be happy

2 hours ago, kwak250 said:

I am joking I watche'd something on youtube that mentioned Twatpackers and found it quite funny I have been to so many full moon party's and can't remember most of them .

Lighten up I loved backpacking around the world in the 90s probably would still now if I didn't have baggage.

The old farts who've never done a pill, a tab of acid, a line of coke or any other fun chemicals will hate this thread.  

The 20 years I spent doing all of the above (and more) were the best years of my life.   

It never ceases to amaze me how some people went straight from childhood to old miserable gits. I was there 2 years after this video was taken and I can tell you it was a complete hoot; great fun, great people, great drugs. The 90's were as cool as and if you didn't participate, you missed out bigly! 

11 hours ago, seancbk said:

The old farts who've never done a pill, a tab of acid, a line of coke or any other fun chemicals will hate this thread.  

The 20 years I spent doing all of the above (and more) were the best years of my life.   

Have to agree on that one. I have 12 years of intensive Goa/psytrance partying all over Europé. Was a blast 20 years ago :)

11 hours ago, seancbk said:

and then, what happened ?

2 hours ago, KKr said:

and then, what happened ?

I moved to Thailand and didn't touch any illicit chemicals ever again.   The risk here is far too great to even bother thinking about.

I don't even touch drugs when I'm back home on holiday anymore as you can get tested in Thailand after you return and be treated as if you did the drugs here..... which is crazy, but nothing we can do about it.

I do sort of miss the drug fuelled days of the 90s and early noughties....  Was an amazing time, I was earning crazy crazy money and life was just a non stop party!

2 hours ago, seancbk said:

I moved to Thailand and didn't touch any illicit chemicals ever again.   The risk here is far too great to even bother thinking about.

I don't even touch drugs when I'm back home on holiday anymore as you can get tested in Thailand after you return and be treated as if you did the drugs here..... which is crazy, but nothing we can do about it.

I do sort of miss the drug fuelled days of the 90s and early noughties....  Was an amazing time, I was earning crazy crazy money and life was just a non stop party!

I realised that, while I thought many years, starting the 70's, that the non-partying good folks were missing something, it was actually me who was missing out.
Status now : only prescription pills (to repair damage done earlier) and, relatively, very little alcohol .
However am catching up with what I missed and am enjoying the "boring" side of life . . . .
:shock1:

3 hours ago, lust said:

How do people think this is fun? 

How can you not think that is fun?

I've no idea what ago you are but did you never enjoy dancing to the music of your generation?   Did you never enjoy being surrounded by friends and people who might become future friends?

Did you never enjoy letting your hair down and just having fun?

1 hour ago, KKr said:

I realised that, while I thought many years, starting the 70's, that the non-partying good folks were missing something, it was actually me who was missing out.
Status now : only prescription pills (to repair damage done earlier) and, relatively, very little alcohol .
However am catching up with what I missed and am enjoying the "boring" side of life . . . .
:shock1:

I love going out in Bangkok, its usually just to go drinking with mates, rather than dancing in clubs as sadly most of my friends are guys who don't like dancing!   But because I have so many friends here and I have a regular stream of friends visiting from HK and Singapore, it is not unusual for me to have to go out for 14 nights in a row.... or more

Being very social helps keep you young!

On 9/15/2017 at 5:52 PM, seancbk said:

I love going out in Bangkok, its usually just to go drinking with mates, rather than dancing in clubs as sadly most of my friends are guys who don't like dancing!   But because I have so many friends here and I have a regular stream of friends visiting from HK and Singapore, it is not unusual for me to have to go out for 14 nights in a row.... or more

Being very social helps keep you young!

Exactly, you know what I mean. "Boring" ;-)

Archived