Navy receives 4 new patrol boats

Rimmer

Amazing - it took 30 posts before common sense prevailed on this thread well done to the tunnelrat69....

mind you 80 knots and 15mm guns would be far more useful if you stick to the original numbers and not the measurement.

Edited by lonewolf99
typo

5 hours ago, Happyman58 said:

Money for guns  Money for Tanks Money for subs Money for Boats Money for 4000 extra soldiers  No money for schools No money for hospitals No money for Roads No Money to give teachers pay rise No money to get extra nurses  Why am i saying anything The Thais just accept this as normal

The Thai Education Ministry gets the largest budget of any Ministry in Thailand. Larger even that the Defence Ministry.

It is not how much the Ministry gets, but how it disperses that money.

4 hours ago, kaorop said:

what have you proved?

in this thread about military spending

but please continue with your off topic rant because you got called out and your ego cant handle it.

He was actually replying to Happyman58 who brought the subject up in the first place.

12 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:
Which accounts for the limited speed of 15 knots. The weight of the big gun must be horrendous.:smile:

obviously you have no nautical experience,  when they need to go faster they point the gun backwards and fire.

Dont you watch cartoons?

Not a very dangerous exercise except when traveling in a convoy 

9 hours ago, billd766 said:

He was actually replying to Happyman58 who brought the subject up in the first place.

No, try re-reading the thread, happymans point was about the overall spending and he used a couple of specifics for reference only and i'll repeat that, for reference only. That the other member started bringing in details about one ministries budget was off topic and pointless, something you and he fail to grasp.

I can tell ya its damm hard work around here when you have to explain things word by word and post after post.

7 minutes ago, kaorop said:

No, try re-reading the thread, happymans point was about the overall spending and he used a couple of specifics for reference only and i'll repeat that, for reference only. That the other member started bringing in details about one ministries budget was off topic and pointless, something you and he fail to grasp.

I can tell ya its damm hard work around here when you have to explain things word by word and post after post.

OK lets see what was actually said.  Happymans said, "Money for guns - No money for schools."  I said. "Thailand’s spending on education, representing 4 per cent of gross domestic product or 20 per cent of the national budget, is the highest in the world, according to research findings by Mahidol University."

Happymans made up generality.  Me, facts just the facts. 

2 hours ago, amvet said:

OK lets see what was actually said.  Happymans said, "Money for guns - No money for schools."  I said. "Thailand’s spending on education, representing 4 per cent of gross domestic product or 20 per cent of the national budget, is the highest in the world, according to research findings by Mahidol University."

Ok mate give it a break you win ok You got the facts Just ask the teachers who work the schools how well paid the are But ok they get 20% Happy now Just a pity that money dont go all to the schools Next case

2 hours ago, amvet said:

Calm down mate  You are the winner ok bye

2 hours ago, Happy enough said:

try living on that full stop

Thailand is a free market.  Native speaking English teachers from Africa and the Philippines have no problem living on that amount.  If I want to drink Thai beer I pay the price of Thai beer.  If I want imported beer I pay that price.  The market determines the price.  The ships may or may be a good buy depending on how well the people who bought them shopped around.  It seems to me relevant to discuss the merits of the patrol boats and the price that was paid.  How much did the boats cost?