Pong woman faces charges for axing protected trees

Rimmer

Pong woman faces charges for axing protected trees

image.png

PATTAYA:--A Pong woman facing charges for cutting down protected timber said she didn’t know the trees she feared would fall onto her house were Siamese rosewood.

Chonlada Bamrungya, 44, and four workmen she employed for 30,000 baht were arrested Sept. 6 for chopping down two large, old rosewood trees surrounding her house in Moo 1 village. Officials confiscated 16 logs. Chonlada and the workmen were charged with violation of the Forest Act of 1941 and an order of the National Council for Peace and Order.

Chonlada told authorities that she believed the trees were unprotected Burmese rosewood and that they needed to come down because one was putting pressure on a wall and had branches touching power lines. Another had branches that kept falling on a neighbor’s house. She also had intended to chop down another threatening tree.

Kiatisak Preeda, preservation chief for the regional Forest Resource Management Office, told Chonlada that she should have first petitioned the office for permission to cut down the trees.

Read More: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/pong-woman-faces-charges-axing-protected-trees-186114

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2017-09-15

will she get  the same degree of punishment  as the two old people who were punished for picking mushrooms:shock1:

In July, 2010, the couple went into Dong Radaeng Forest to collect wild mushrooms for cooking. They were arrested by police and sentenced to 30 years in prison, which was later reduced by half because they had confessed.

http://thairesidents.com/local/mushroom-picking-couple-get-leniency/

Edited by midas

10 minutes ago, SnakeBite said:

Hell bells, it's MY LAND.

Where are you from SnakeBite..?...you can buy and live in a house in the UK and not be allowed to alter it one bit...Oz the same....Maybe America is different, but I wouldn't think so.

Anyway look at that picture....how can that tree be endangering her house ? it would have to grow another 100 ft first.

Yes if something is protected for some reason, then  you dont have the right to do that--even if you live there.

** Those Dodo's are sh1tting all over my lawn...I think I will lay some poison down and stop them.........yes that seems to have stopped them...seems there not a bother  any more.

image.jpeg.6964f0518ee6ccf2fb0110d83ab3cd19.jpeg