Alcohol Tax, any facts yet??

moonseeker

On 9/18/2017 at 4:53 AM, Bastos60 said:
On 9/17/2017 at 11:28 PM, tropo said:

Or you could just do your liver a favour and drink less. Moving countries to save on alcohol is rather extreme.

The new prices will also include higher profit margins that the retailers are including. 

Depending on how much people drink, the extra cost would be about 1 Euro a day or less.

I think the person I was replying to was giving out incorrect information. He said that he paid double. If the difference is only 20% or so, then cutting out one drink in 5 wouldn't be a bad idea if you're on a tight budget. Otherwise cut out a meal here or there if drinking is that important.

On 9/18/2017 at 4:53 AM, Bastos60 said:
On 9/17/2017 at 11:28 PM, tropo said:

Or you could just do your liver a favour and drink less. Moving countries to save on alcohol is rather extreme.

The new prices will also include higher profit margins that the retailers are including. 

Depending on how much people drink, the extra cost would be about 1 Euro a day or less.

I think the person I was replying to was giving out incorrect information. He said that he paid double. If the difference is only 20% or so, then cutting out one drink in 5 wouldn't be a bad idea if you're on a tight budget. Otherwise cut out a meal here or there if drinking is that important.