Phuket Vegetarian Festival street processions restricted to one day only

rooster59

Phuket Vegetarian Festival street processions restricted to one day only 

Shela Riva

1505537831_1.jpg

This year’s Phuket Vegetarian Festival is scheduled to be held from Oct 20-28, but street processions will be restricted to one day only: Oct 28. Photo: The Phuket News file photo

PHUKET: The famous street processions held as part of the Phuket Vegetarian Festival this year will be held on one day only of the nine-day festival in respect of the Royal Funeral for the late King Bhumibol Adulyadej.

This year’s Phuket Vegetarian Festival is scheduled to be held at participating Chinese shrines across the island from Oct 20-28.

However, Prasert Fakthongkol, who is the President of the Phuket Chinese Shrines Association, which acts as the lead organising body for Vegetarian Festival, yesterday (Sept 15) confirmed to The Phuket News that the street processions will be restricted to one day only: Oct 28.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-vegetarian-festival-street-processions-restricted-to-one-day-only-63910.php#rmKr0GUe50V5jEbq.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-09-16

This was one of the most brilliant events in my 50 years of travelling. Can't wait to go again to the full, long one next year. I remember last year listening to some loudmouthed idiot in an expat bar about how bad the thousands of people visiting the city were for business. After he left I commented to the bar staff about this dreadful bore. Their responses? "He does not understand our culture. He is the owner of  the bar". What a t*at!..For people who have never been but are interested in one of the best festivals in the world...Here is a taster.

On a different but similar subject: are the Naga fire balls celebrations in Nong Khai going ahead this year?

Edited by The manic

5 minutes ago, The manic said:

This was one of the most brilliant events in my 50 years of travelling. Can't wait to go again to the full, long one next year. I remember last year listening to some loudmouthed idiot in an expat bar about how bad the thousands of people visiting the city were for business. After he left I commented to the bar staff about this dreadful bore. Their responses? "He does not understand our culture. He is the owner of  the bar". What a t*at!..On a different but similar subject: are the Naga fire balls celebrations in Nong Khai going ahead this year.

Are you in the arrangement committee and counting.......no not fried vegetables?

48 minutes ago, Felt 35 said:

Are you in the arrangement committee and counting.......no not fried vegetables?

The purest form of vegetarian/vegan food at Phuket Vegetarian festival AKA The Nine Gods festival precludes fried food. But body piercing and fire walking is allowed.

20161007_073937.jpg

5 hours ago, The manic said:

The purest form of vegetarian/vegan food at Phuket Vegetarian festival AKA The Nine Gods festival precludes fried food. But body piercing and fire walking is allowed.

20161007_073937.jpg

If that food is pure I choose to stay with my burgers at Fatty`s :smile: