Motorbike taxi hits pedestrian crossing road

webfact

Motorbike taxi hits pedestrian crossing road

By Online Admin -

3-3.jpg?fit=1478,1108

PATTAYA: -- A motorbike taxi has smashed into a pedestrian who was trying to cross the road on Soi 13/1 Beach Road, South Pattaya.

The incident happened at around 2:00am on September 17th and left both parties with injuries, although fortunately, nothing too serious.

Police and emergency services were quickly onto the scene, where they found both victims still lying on the ground, with worried locals and tourists attending to them.

Source: http://pattayaone.news/en/motorbike-taxi-hits-pedestrian-crossing-road/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2017-09-18

get well soon pedestrian,,sorry no compassion for moto taxi as i get nearly mown down most nights here in bangkok, with moto taxis on the pavement. dont get me started on that one.  don't they know thai law moto taxi ride on the pavement not on the road, victim thought it was safe.

According to a witness, the motorcycle was travelling at high speed; now, there's a surprise!  There'll be no further action from the police, guaranteed; most of these motorcycle taxi riders are a law unto themselves.

Makes a change for a pedestrian to be run-over on the road, instead of the sidewalk.

29 minutes ago, champers said:

A heady mix of rat-arsed falang and pilled up moto taxi driver. Result: blood all over the road.

I'm glad neither is seriously hurt; both live to fight another day.

Where does it say that the pedestrian was a farang?  The time and place, one would assume so, but there are a few "rat-arsed" Thais around at that time also.

Two incidents for me recently that identify just how galactically stupid some of these riders can be.... 

1) Crossing a 3 lane road (3 lanes each way with a central reservation) - In a comfortable clear patch easily sufficient to cross I crossed the road. As I walked across the road a motorcycle changed lanes to follow me... i.e. He was first in the right most lane, as I walked to the middle lane he changed to the middle lane and as I walked to the left most lane he changed to that lane - ultimately I had to run to get out of his way !!!!... I can only think that he was simply changing lanes and didn't see me at all. 

2) Driving on Sukhumvit rd in Bangkok, the car in the middle and inside lanes were stopped (at the time I correctly assumed for pedestrians), so I also stopped in the outside lane and saw two pedestrians crossing. The motorcycle splitting traffic didn't stop though and screamed up the inside and shot through the crossing narrowly missing the pedestrians... it could have been fairly serious. 

I just don't get what is wrong with these guys... Well, actually I do... they are simply mind-numbingly-dumb...  incapable of thought the simply go from A-B in a stupor, along the way lucky if they dont hurt themselves or someone else.