Alec Baldwin scores Emmy gold for roasting Trump on 'SNL'

webfact

Alec Baldwin scores Emmy gold for roasting Trump on 'SNL'

By Sandra Gonzalez, CNN

(CNN)Alec Baldwin is once again an Emmy winner — and he has President Donald Trump to thank.

On Sunday, Baldwin took home the award for best supporting actor in a comedy series for his portrayal of Trump on the most recent season of "SNL."

"I guess I should say, at long last, Mr. President, here is your Emmy," Baldwin said while accepting his award, addressing Trump.

Full story: http://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/17/entertainment/alec-baldwin-snl-trump-emmy/index.html

cnn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright CNN 2017-09-18

2 hours ago, BuaBS said:

Thanks for letting us know Hollywood is at it again , so I don't have to download the Emmy's this year.

Yes, because you were just about to download the Emmys when you found out they made fun of the man-child and decided not to, right?:cheesy:

Alec Baldwin's portrayal of Trump is so real, I can't tell which is the real Trump. Good Lord-  Trump is really that awful!!! Worst President in the history of the USA.

It's not possible to be as bad as the real clown potus. For those that can't get enough of trump satire check out The President’s Show.

6 hours ago, Becker said:

Yes, because you were just about to download the Emmys when you found out they made fun of the man-child and decided not to, right?:cheesy:

No , they are not on the t_rr_t sites yet. But if it's again those lefties putting down Trump , I don't need to see it. About 1GB and 1,5 hour better spend on other things.

1 hour ago, BuaBS said:

No , they are not on the t_rr_t sites yet. But if it's again those lefties putting down Trump , I don't need to see it. About 1GB and 1,5 hour better spend on other things.

Yes, it's always those pesky lefties. Maybe you should watch it, though, see how Sean Spicer appears on the show. At least he seems to have a sense of humor and self-mockery, unlike his former boss, the petty, vindictive and tantrum-throwing twitter addict.

5 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

Yes, it's always those pesky lefties. Maybe you should watch it, though, see how Sean Spicer appears on the show. At least he seems to have a sense of humor and self-mockery, unlike his former boss, the petty, vindictive and tantrum-throwing twitter addict.

No I read Colbert is hosting , he makes me vomit. I'll pass.

Maybe watch people's choice awards in the new year.

Another show watching acteurs j_rk each other off , but at least you can vote on their website.

3 hours ago, BuaBS said:

No , they are not on the t_rr_t sites yet.

But if it's again those lefties putting down Trump , I don't need to see it.

About 1GB and 1,5 hour better spend on other things.

Don't be silly.

You can watch "those lefties" on YouTube at your leisure.

No need to download.

:coffee1:

Unless of course, you prefer to continue down your myopic path of turgidity...

13 minutes ago, zydeco said:

Actually, few care about the Emmys. This was the lowest rated Emmy award show ever.

The ratings for the Emmys have been slipping for years.  They've been losing out to a variety of other shows, like SNL. LOL

Alec definitely deserved this.  His portrayal of Trump was fantastic.  No arguing that.  Even if you're a loyal Trump fan, his act was funny.  Trump should lighten up and make a guest appearance there.  Seriously.

14 hours ago, BuaBS said:

It's not just "lefties" putting down Trump.  Plenty on the right are doing it also.  Except for the hard core ones.  LOL

Lighten up.  It's comedy!

20 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

a very lean year for tv…..Veep best comedy? The last season was pure crap.

No. Completely wrong. There are at least a dozen amazing shows right now. Or more. It might have been the narrow minds of the voters. But, not the lack of talent on American TV. At least not the cable channels. Perhaps the bias on the past of the Emmy people is starting to loosen up. Hard to ignore the incredible talent, on shows like Game of Thrones, Ozark, Goliath, Fargo, House of Cards, Stranger Things, the Walking Dead, and so many other great shows.

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

No. Completely wrong. There are at least a dozen amazing shows right now. Or more. It might have been the narrow minds of the voters. But, not the lack of talent on American TV. At least not the cable channels. Perhaps the bias on the past of the Emmy people is starting to loosen up. Hard to ignore the incredible talent, on shows like Game of Thrones, Ozark, Goliath, Fargo, House of Cards, Stranger Things, the Walking Dead, and so many other great shows.

You just gave me several new shows to watch.  Thanks!!!