First Trip to Pattaya - Have I missed Something?

Blue Muton

5 hours ago, dotpoom said:

My God, I didn't go through your full list but I have to ask if life us worth living at all if we have to go through it full of suspission of everything and anything thatwe might come into contact with.

Have a great holiday and stop expecting the worst. We create our own future by our expections.

Just go with the flow (believe it or not, most people are very nice people).

id say life is not worth living if you cant see the humor in the OP.

5 hours ago, seancbk said:

I would recommend staying in the Royal Wing at the Royal Cliff Hotel.     Nice suites, very nice pool with a swim up bar, great restaurants (I really like the Chinese restaurant for authentic Dim Sum and they do a great Peking Duck).

Wherever you stay however, hope you enjoy your trip.

Gee...never saw that one coming...............

On 18/09/2017 at 9:40 AM, Blue Muton said:

I've not yet sampled the delights of Pattaya but am planning a little midweek break there with Mrs BM next week. As a long time reader of these esteemed forums I have compiled a brief list of what to watch out for, please feel free to let me know what I've missed, as I do like to be prepared.

Taxi Drivers, Songteaw Drivers, MC Taxi Drivers, TukTuk Drivers, Minibus Drivers, Lorry Drivers, Car Drivers, Scooter Drivers, Cyclists, Pedestrians, Naked Unicyclists, Balconies, ATM's, Underpasses, Dirty Beaches, The Sea, Cats, Dogs, Snakes, Mosquitoes, Dudes with Boobs, Biker Gangs, Bridge Clubs, Russians, Americans, Australians, Chinese (especially at buffets), Africans, Indians, Laotians, Cambodians, The Welsh, Scots and Irish, Northerners, Southerners, Anyone with a Sick Mother or Buffalo, The Police, The Army, Politicians, Street Walkers, Street Vendors, Street Food, Seafood, Fast Food, Cheap Alcohol, Expensive Alcohol, Spiked Alcohol, Crossing Roads, Walking on Pavements, Boiler Room Scams, Card Scams, Dodgy legged German Scams, Tailor Scams, Gem Scams, Bird Food Scam, Laundry Scam, "Temple Closed" Scam, Time Shares, Counterfeit Merchandise, Counterfeit Money, Sunburn, Sunstroke, Motorcycle Hire, Jet ski Hire, Boat Hire, Lady Hire, Ladyboy Hire, Pickpockets, Muggers, Hotel Thieves, Car Thieves, Mornings, Afternoons, Evenings, Broad Daylight and Night Time.

Did you forget the Burmese, or are they all on Death Row these days? 

But in all honesty Pattaya seems to have attracted every con-artist & criminal type from the whole of SE Asia & there is no end to scams & risks in this town, far, far more than you list, even in jest, (no, really!).  Certainly more than would fill Encyclopedia Galactica 42 times over....

I recommend Hua-Hin instead.  Still plenty of risks & scams, but fewer criminals overall and far fewer turds on the beach.

Absolutely Hilarious. This should be Pinned and a copy sent to the TAT.

-There comes a guy along, describing the perils of Pattaya in a very very amusing, but also very "close to home" fashion".

Basically, this thread does not require comment, just approval (with toungue in cheek).
OP not even asking for Hotel Accommodations. Never mind.

To me, THIS is a quality tourist or a quality expat. Would be more than pleased, if he (or like-minded Farangs) would be staying at "my" Hotel, next time I am in town.

Cheers.

1 minute ago, bleble said:

Did you forget cops checking urine to get 5000 thb from you if you took some medicine or smoked some grass back home ?

They do it everyday at different locations, I read it on this forum.

It's not true. Urine testing in some night clubs. Mainly Thai. 

7 minutes ago, The manic said:

It's not true. Urine testing in some night clubs. Mainly Thai. 

So wrong. They do it in the street also. Why not avoiding talking about what you don't know ?

By the way, it seems that they are checking at 3 locations around Pattaya:

SOI SOPHON CABLE,

SOI KORPAI

SOI PETCHAKOO

Where are these streets ?!

1 minute ago, bleble said:

So wrong. They do it in the street also. Why not avoiding talking about what you don't know ?

I live there and go out and about all kinds of day and night. The cops raid mainly Thai pubs and night clubs and occasionally tourist night clubs. Where is your actual evidence for random piss tests on the streets of Pattaya?  Never seen or heard of it in 12 years apart from the odd raid on Lucifers and the like.

1 minute ago, The manic said:

I live there and go out and about all kinds of day and night. The cops raid mainly Thai pubs and night clubs and occasionally tourist night clubs. Where is your actual evidence for random piss tests on the streets of Pattaya?  Never seen or heard of it in 12 years apart from the odd raid on Lucifers and the like.

Evidence just above your head.

It's ok, no need to say sorry, I am happy to teach your something today.

32 minutes ago, bleble said:

Evidence just above your head.

It's ok, no need to say sorry, I am happy to teach your something today.

It has been done once and it made the news. Let's hope it does not become common practice. Try not to worry about it so much. In 12 years in Pattaya I have never seen it and heard about it rarely except in late  night Thai joints. Take care now...Its a jungle out there! Consider leaving Pattaya if you feel threatened by it. Good luck

9 minutes ago, The manic said:

It has been done once and it made the news. Let's hope it does not become common practice. Try not to worry about it so much. In 12 years in Pattaya I have never seen it and heard about it rarely except in late  night Thai joints. Take care now...Its a jungle out there! Consider leaving Pattaya if you feel threatened by it. Good luck

I do not feel anything for myself but friends visiting from Netherlands will come fully loaded in their system...

Just trying to avoid them problems as they will mostly hang out at night...

5 hours ago, bleble said:

I do not feel anything for myself but friends visiting from Netherlands will come fully loaded in their system...

I was at a bar in Amsterdam raided by the local drug squad...it happens everywhere. Your friends need to be a tad circumspect, alert and not attract attention. Contrary to headlines Pattaya is a drug free zone. Very tightly controlled. Saigon is more fun. NO2 on the streets and the smell of ganja which is the smell of freedom. Pattaya is for the red bull and vodka set ..too frightened to change their consciousness. 

21 hours ago, bleble said:

May be worth suggesting they "unload" their systems then before they are due to come (sic). As a friend, if you are that concerned for them, and believe everything you read.

You have missed many many things.

But you have missed nothing if you are a hate hate hate, scared scared scared, negative negative negative, blah blah blah believe what you read on the internet type person.

Otherwise, come and experience for yourself.

You may be happily surprised....

Archived