Police search for foreigners caught having ‘sex’ on Rayong bridge

snoop1130

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The annihilation of N Korea is imminent. Many Farang could be chucked out of Thailand. YinShin spotted on the moon with Elvis. Spurs beat an English team at Wembley. Secret sex town located! An honest Thai copper is celebrated. Ch--o--ch set to rule as PM for another 8 years. Man accused by wife of having sexual romp in sugar cane field with Lao lady. Liverpool out of the Milk Cup.

Let's get with the important stuff!!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 11:12 PM, Whyamiandwhatamidoinghere said:

So the atmosphere now is watch foreigners because they are doing something illegal. Product of Good guy in Bad guy out smear campaign. 

So the atmosphere now is tolerate foreigners because they can do anything they like anywhere they like.  Product of western nanny-state entitlement.

On 9/18/2017 at 6:46 PM, lonewolf99 said:

I risk being accused of racial profiling.....but those are "Asian feet" male toes down and female toes pointing up....the skin tone also is a give away. The female looks like she is young and not from a farming back ground i.e. Isaan. Rice pickers are more splayed and normally have the 2nd toe extending further than the 1st (big toe) with at least a 1cm gap.. Don't believe me ? check your Thai GF/wife's plates of meat.

Racial profiling is exactly what the police are doing by saying they are "foreigners". Anyway, we're in Thailand, let's lay off the Marxist crap and call a spade a spade. Although you seem to be doing just that, I don't think you need to apologize for it.

In any case, most foreigners in Thailand happen to be Asian, from a country other than Thailand. Maybe that's the case here too - perhaps they were Burmese or Cambodian. Also, I don't think there are any real identifiable differences between Asians and Europeans of similar skin tone that one can tell based on looking only at their feet (though in this case the skin tone is slightly darker than that of most Chinese, Japanese and Europeans so you have a point here).

The only way I can tell a light-skinned European and Asian person apart is based on facial differences. Without the face, it's hard to say. OK, so I'm not an anthropologist but whenever I'm in China where most people carry a similar skin tone to westerners, I find myself seeing people who from a distance look like they could be westerners, it's only when they come closer I can tell they are Chinese. That happens regularly whenever I'm over there. This rarely happens in Thailand due to most Thais having a different skin tone to us. The fact that Chinese wear similar clothes to westerners doesn't help either - if it's 22 degrees in China people are wearing shorts, whereas if it's 22 degrees in Thailand many Thais are shivering with huge coats on.

It's also quite straightforward distinguishing between Asians. One can definitely tell there are differences between Thai-Chinese and ethnic Chinese (Han) from China. The former are usually mixed Chinese/Thai and have narrower faces than their Chinese counterparts from the mainland. Nose shapes are also a little different. Cambodians tend to have darker skin and more deeply set eyes and slight "caucasian" features compared to most Thais. Burmese are interesting because there are so many ethnic groups.

I'm assuming (and hoping) the police are making the assumption these people are foreigners based on having seen their faces or having heard them talk (and not just race baiting because they think Thai people wouldn't commit such an act) - and yes contrary to the beliefs of some westerners who assume every Asian they see in Thailand is Thai, Thailand is home to 3-4 million foreign Asians, 90-95% of which are from three countries: Myanmar, Cambodia and Laos (in that order). I'm not sure if the Thai population of around 70 million includes resident foreigners or not, but if it does, this means 4-5% of the Thai population are Asian foreigners alone.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...