Victim in Phang Nga gang-rape case faces suspects

webfact

Victim in Phang Nga gang-rape case faces suspects

By The Nation

118ef33cf6c035040e9b04a2c2671064-sld.jpg

A teenage girl who was allegedly gang raped in Phang Nga faced suspects in the case during a process to identify the alleged perpetrators at a police station on Wednesday.

The identification procedure was ongoing yesterday at the Kok Kloi Police Station in Phang Nga’s Takua Thung district amid complaints from local residents, who said the scandal had ruined their village’s reputation and affected their lives. 

Given that the crimes allegedly took place in the small village of Ban Koh Raed, the victim’s claim that about 40 men took part in the sexual attacks meant that most families in community had members who were implicated.

The victim, who is now 15 years old, spoke about her ordeal in full after her family moved out to the village. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30327224

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-09-20

Gang-rape victim ‘identifies perpetrators’

By ANOTHAI NGARNDEE 
THE NATION

118ef33cf6c035040e9b04a2c2671064-sld.jpg

A YOUNG victim of alleged gang rapes in Phang Nga correctly identified nine suspects from a police line-up yesterday.

More than 30 men were mixed in with the nine suspects during the identification sessions at the Kok Kloi Police Station in Phang Nga’s Takua Thung district but the girl, who is now 15, still correctly pointed at the suspects twice in a row. 

However, the suspects refused to accept the results of identification process, claiming that police used tricks to help the girl point out the suspects.

“I have advised my clients not to accept the results. Apparently police did not call the suspects by name into the identification room but called all the others in by name,” said Sanpetch Thipmontien, a lawyer for the accused men. 

Phang Nga police chief Pol Maj-General Boontawee Toraksa insisted that the identification sessions so far had been conducted in line with prescribed standards. 

The victim has told police that the alleged gang rapes continued for months last year and involved about 40 perpetrators. She spoke up about her ordeal in full only after her family was relocated out of Ban Koh Raed, where the attacks allegedly occurred. 

Many community members in Ban Koh Raed have complained about the negative publicity that the girl’s case has brought to their hometown. They feel that the scandal has ruined their village’s reputation and directly affected their lives. Given that Ban Koh Raed is a small village, local men feel bad that outsiders are judging them. 

Arrest warrants have already been issued for 11 suspects aged between 23 and 69. Some of them are now out on bail, including Nawik Jaruek, whose family submitted Bt460,000 in assets to secure his release pending the investigation. Two of the 11 suspects were locked up at the Phang Nga Police Station yesterday and could not take part in the identification sessions. 

Muslims for Peace Foundation representative Chanon Abdullah said yesterday that the girl was still shaken and stressed. 

In a related development, police searched a hut near the Ban Koh Raed pier where an alleged gang rape took place to gather latent fingerprints, fallen hair and other potential evidence. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30327255

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-09-21

2 hours ago, Araiwah said:

Seems to me like the whole village needs razing to the ground whilst still inhabited.

Would you, personally, be prepared to go and kill every member of the village? If not, who do you think should do it? Or was that another example of hyperbole, all too common on ThaiVisa?

6 hours ago, samjaidee said:

Would you, personally, be prepared to go and kill every member of the village? If not, who do you think should do it? Or was that another example of hyperbole, all too common on ThaiVisa?

Clearly hyperbole, in an attempt to vent his feelings about the scum who did this and also the people who seem to be more worried about their village reputation than finding out the truth about the perpetrators, or about the feelings and sufferings of the poor girl.

14 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

Had this happened in a muslim nation, this girl would probably have been stoned!

The villagers are angry now that their grubby men have been found out.....hopefully, justice may work in this case....but it's obviously doubtful!

In a sence, it is exactly as you described - the Village is predominately Muslim, so in effect "a nation on its own"

I hope this girl identifies all the men involved and they are all put into prison for

a lot of years. Many should lose their manhood as well, if not all.

castration and loping off the wieners would be a good ritual at the end of the trial

before the prison sentence begins. Just my iopinion of course as I have had too

many of my relatives that have been raped when they were young.

Geezer

On 21/09/2017 at 11:08 AM, samjaidee said:

I merely stated that this village seems to be full of horrid people with something to hide and it would better if it (and they) weren't there any longer. I know of no community where the alleged gang raping of a vulnerable teenage girl would or could even be attempted to be swept under the carpet, hushed up etc but it appears one does actually exist and they should all be ashamed of their behaviour. Any decent community would surely welcome and assist in any investigation.  

If it came out that it was 100% true and all these suspects DID rape this poor girl then YES I would be prepared to burn all them as they slept alongside the people who profited from it and also those who tried to cover it up. I would have no qualms about it at all.