Policeman being interrogated over Yingluck escape, is close to former bureau chief

webfact

2 minutes ago, baboon said:

Is it even 100% known she has actually left the country? 

I fully buy into her doing a runner. It's what the shins do, but no sightings of her since then is just weird. 

Mind,  I wouldn't put it past her puppet master to be keeping her out of sight to ferment more rumours and violence. It's the sort of thing he'd do. 

3 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I fully buy into her doing a runner. It's what the shins do, but no sightings of her since then is just weird. 

I pretty much do as well, but this whole episode is so murky I wouldn't rule anything out...

17 minutes ago, baboon said:

Is it even 100% known she has actually left the country? 

Does seem like a good plan. If court verdict is not guilty, she re-appear and claimed she was in Thailand all the time. No evidence she left the country. Maybe suffered a fine for contempt of court and none the worse. If she is guilty, she gone. Always a step ahead of those slow thinking generals.  

5 minutes ago, bridge2bridge said:

I thought the PM and others said she had NO help from ANY Police Officers to escape.

:shock1::shock1::shock1::shock1:

'She didn't. Apart from this one, possibly. Or not. Or others, though we know this is not the case. Unless it is. And you can take that to the bank!'

11 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Does seem like a good plan. If court verdict is not guilty, she re-appear and claimed she was in Thailand all the time. No evidence she left the country. Maybe suffered a fine for contempt of court and none the worse. If she is guilty, she gone. Always a step ahead of those slow thinking generals.  

There had to be someone who believes the stories. Well done Eric!

Like it's not all orchestrated!

31 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Mind,  I wouldn't put it past her puppet master to be keeping her out of sight to ferment more rumours and violence. It's the sort of thing he'd do. 

I really don't think the Shins, the clan and all the cronies and the PR machine would've been so quiet unless they knew exactly where she was.

I'm sure they're ready and waiting to play their cards after the verdict is read.

Edited by Baerboxer

I was wondering why they were checking under the bonnet, do they suspect that she checked the oil level, topped up the battery or windscreen washer tank or maybe she changed the plugs. The Thai forensic experts are fantastically thorough

- I bet the Burma two wished this team had been on their cases.

4 hours ago, harada said:

I'm sure that if it was anything other than an "escape" old moon face would have been screaming by now.

3 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

I really don't think the Shins, the clan and all the cronies and the PR machine would've been so quiet unless they knew exactly where she was.

I'm sure they're ready and waiting to play their cards after the verdict is read.

I hope that you are both right, not just because I don't relish any embarrassment if it turns out that she hasn't escaped.

Perhaps one should consider that there are pressures which could be brought to bear to ensure the Thaksin/Pheu Thai "machine" remains silent.

There may be elements within the faction currently in power who would see having a "hostage" able to effectively close down said machine as a distinct advantage. It may be seen as extreme, but the stakes really could not be higher. I am keeping what may be described as an open mind...

Mind you, if what I'm suggesting (only as a possibility - there is no evidence either way) does turn out to be the case I doubt she will ever be seen again.

I hope I'm barking up the wrong tree...

Wasn't it Harold Wilson who said that " A week is a long time in politics"? It's been a month now.

Edited by JAG

Excellent pointiing in the photo above. It was the car wot did it. The four bystanders don't, however, seem to be getting into the spirit of the thing. They are not following the points. They are looking away as if embarrassed to be there.

12 hours ago, darksidedog said:

If they have someone they can blame they wont really care. My only surprise is that a pair of Burmese haven't been fitted up with it already.

My only surprise is that Boss hasn't been brought into the discussion yet. Errrr- oops! :sorry: