Beach ravaged by overnight storm.

champers

It's not Florida or the Carribean, but is a mess. The photos are from Beach Rd between sois 2 & 6.

A beach operator I spoke to told me there was frantic activity from 5.30 this morning to save property from being washed out to sea. City Council will carry out remedial works tomorrow (Saturday).

20170922_163248.jpg

20170922_162914.jpg

20170922_162556.jpg

20170922_162440.jpg

20170922_162422.jpg

20170922_162344.jpg

Edited by champers

I will never really understand the mentality of the "quick fix" here.  You see the same problems over and over again and in this case many other countries seem to be able to create long term fixes for issues such as this as they realise the bigger long term costs of the quick fix approach.  Sad but TiT.

It does look like man made?  the storm drains when it rains where does all the water go?  I myself never thought about it, always just thought it leads to some reservoir? I been watching them out on the Darkside particularly on Soi Siam Country and noticed it for years but just didn't put it together. At some point when no one is looking they basely drain the water into someone empty land and I think this is what is happening out on Beach Road,  just run it into the ocean.

13 hours ago, avander said:

I will never really understand the mentality of the "quick fix" here.  You see the same problems over and over again and in this case many other countries seem to be able to create long term fixes for issues such as this as they realise the bigger long term costs of the quick fix approach.  Sad but TiT.

You don't understand Thainess. If they have to keep repairing it then it means more work and more money for everyone involved. Fix it properly and then what? No income.

I thought I was discussing "thainess"?  It's the same with the road surface repairs.  Gee, maybe they could even move onto improvement or beautification projects once they do these basic infrastructure works properly?  

It's not as if there isn't plenty to do here.

Looking at the first photo of the black pipe....how the hell did they expect it not to be uncovered !!!  it's only buried 10 or 20 cm's below the sand..!!

Anyway now the local administration have a convenient excuse for all the rubbish/trash washed up on the beaches as a result of   "a ravaging storm" :cheesy:

What's all this "storm" rubbish? That's normal after any decent rain and has happened as long as I can remember.

It's probably got worse since they widened Beach Rd and blocked the existing drainage system, which had very large pipes. However, as it's doubtful they ever cleaned them, probably full of sand.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

On 22/09/2017 at 7:57 PM, avander said:

Being short sighted and short are Thai traits?