Supreme Court accepts final appeal in the Koh Tao murders

rooster59

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Dont you think thats quite suspicious and suggests a cover-up ?

The Police officer in charge of the investigation stated that he knew who carried out the murders (That two), named them and said they had all the evidence needed for a conviction and arrests will be made shortly and he also stated that there would be no cover -up .

Prayruth then stated that no Thais could do such a thing and the investigating Police officer was taken off the case and replaced by someone else , and the New Police officer investigating then said that it must have been the Burmese 2 that did it . 

Thats not only suspicious, its a blatant cover up

The B2 were suspects from the beginning 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/thailand-beach-murders-desperate-police-4288032

"And three days after the killings they appealed for help finding 3 men playing guitar and singing "

He said Mon was ruled out the next day after being questioned his promotion after that proves nothing.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, DiscoDan said:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/thailand-beach-murders-desperate-police-4288032

"And three days after the killings they appealed for help finding 3 men playing guitar and singing "

He said Mon was ruled out the next day after being questioned his promotion after that proves nothing.

The B2 were not suspects from the beginning , they only become suspects when the investigating Police officer got taken off the case, three days after the murders .

The report that you posted also stated "A guitarist and two singers described as suspects were later traced by officers, interviewed and allowed to go."

What you alleged, contradicts what was written in the report that you posted

As soon as whomever it was said "No Thai could have done this" -  I said, "<deleted>! What did you go and say that for?".

Then we knew where it was all going. Sad thing is that they 'could' of course be guilty, but the way the whole thing has been so, so badly handled they'd have been freed a long time ago in any functioning country. 

This is all a huge black stain on Thailand. One they quite rightly deserve to have for a long, long time. 

Typing the letters F F S together is <deleted>, Thaivisa? Really?

Edited by rkidlad

6 minutes ago, DiscoDan said:

Typical conspiracy theorists nothing to back up your baseless claims.

:laugh:

Conspiracy? Baseless claims?

How about addressing yours?

Regarding the reporters, the editors and the publishers of ThaiPBS.

The reporter just made this all up?

Is that what you are saying?

Eighth Region Police Command commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Panya Mamen identified the first suspect as Mon.

He was arrested after evidence which police collected were examined and proved he was involved, he said.

He also said another suspect is also a son of that village headman.

He said both suspects were captured by CCTV cameras and the police have gathered enough evidence to implicate them in the murders.

You implied a reporter was fabricating quotes from Eighth Region Police Command commissioner,

Pol Lt-Gen Panya Mamen.

Do you have evidence to substantiate your implication?

17 minutes ago, DiscoDan said:

No never set foot on there no business interests there, I just don't buy the conspiracy. I have never setvmy foot on KT and I doubt DD have been there 

17 minutes ago, DiscoDan said:

I have to agree with discodan here, a lot of us don't  buy all the conspiracy theories posted online. In a case like this we need to listen to both sides , and even if I am not sure B2 did it , the case is  not 100% clear.

2 minutes ago, iReason said:

:laugh:

Conspiracy? Baseless claims?

How about addressing yours?

Regarding the reporters, the editors and the publishers of ThaiPBS.

The reporter just made this all up?

Is that what you are saying?

Eighth Region Police Command commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Panya Mamen identified the first suspect as Mon.

He was arrested after evidence which police collected were examined and proved he was involved, he said.

He said both suspects were captured by CCTV cameras and the police have gathered enough evidence to implicate them in the murders.

You implied a reporter was fabricating quotes from Eighth Region Police Command commissioner,

Pol Lt-Gen Panya Mamen.

Do you have evidence to substantiate your implication?

No but he got it wrong that's why in the article the SAME paper printed the next day it says he was not arrested, 

"They were not arrested just in police custody"

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/new-twist-murder-two-brits-koh-tao/

You conveniently missed that part out on your meme you posted on here.

1 hour ago, iReason said:

I do seem to recall that either Mon or the other one , produced CCTV evidence that showed that he was in BKK at the time of the murders , although there were some claims that this evidence was doctored . 

Was it ever established where he was at the time of the murders ?

As I recall he was unlocatable  for a few days after the murders , and then three days later he shows up in BKK with CCTV footage showing that he was in BKK all along .

I'm no crime scene expert but I did see some of the crime scene photographs. One photo showed a close up of David Miller lying on the beach. It seemed to me his skin color was pink as if he was not long dead. Another photo showed him in the water this time his skin palor was very grey. This led me to think that perhaps David  was alive when he was first found and was then drowned? I could wrong? Probably am but I'm curious.

1 minute ago, Nip said:

I'm no crime scene expert but I did see some of the crime scene photographs. One photo showed a close up of David Miller lying on the beach. It seemed to me his skin color was pink as if he was not long dead. Another photo showed him in the water this time his skin palor was very grey. This led me to think that perhaps David  was alive when he was first found and was then drowned? I could wrong? Probably am but I'm curious.

water was found in his lungs

2 things bug me

first the phone

and second the DNA on the hoe

David's DNA could be identified but not the other person

The police have arrested a suspect in the murder of two British tourists in Koh Tao and are still hunting for a second suspect who has escaped into Bangkok.

He is the brother of a village headman in Koh Tao.

He also said another suspect is also a son of that village headman. But he has already to Bangkok.

He said the southern police were coordinating with the metropolitan police to hunt him down, and expected to apprehend him today.

The southern police chief also assured the public that there was no arrest of scapegoats in this murder case as it now is a focal attention of the world.

He also dismissed any suggestion of local mafias or influential people that could twist the investigation with promise that local influence would pose no obstacle to the police investigation.

Instead the police will eliminate all these mafias, he said.

Meanwhile a police source said  the police are also looking into the cooperation of those who helped to arrange the suspect to escape. They also will be arrested.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-tourist-murder-suspect-now-arrested-another-run/

The investigating Police officer vowed to eliminate the Mafia of Koh Tao and too arrest the Sons of the village headman for the murders and he said that there would be no cover -up

He got "promoted" the very next day and thus got taken off the case and no KT mafia were ever arrested or eliminated .

9 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

water was found in his lungs

2 things bug me

first the phone

and second the DNA on the hoe

David's DNA could be identified but not the other person

possibly because whoever did this tried to make it look like David murdered Hanah

27 minutes ago, DiscoDan said:

No but he got it wrong that's why in the article the SAME paper printed the next day it says he was not arrested, 

"They were not arrested just in police custody"

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/new-twist-murder-two-brits-koh-tao/

Convenient deflection once again, of your initial post:

3 hours ago,  DiscoDan said:

More hot air, If there is info that points to other suspects it would be plastered all over social media by now.

Two days after Eighth Region Police Command commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Panya Mamen,

senior southern police commander's report said the suspects were related to the village leader on the island of Koh Tao:

September 25, 2014

“Pol Gen Somyot pointed to groundless reports posted on social media that obstructed the investigation 

and confused the investigators.”

“We haven't targeted anyone and have not concluded whether the murderers are still in the area,'' he said.”

“The mystery surrounding the identities of the killers had grown over reports, 

which he denied, that a suspect had fled the island and was hiding in Bangkok: "I was surprised at the news.”

http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-police-blame-koh-tao-probe-delays-on-social-media-48872.php

No suspects? Surprised at the news?

Doesn't sound like an organized investigation to me...

:coffee1:

12 minutes ago, smedly said:

possibly because whoever did this tried to make it look like David murdered Hanah

Yes I noted this too and thought the same. Hence my theory relating to the crime scene photos I saw. He was alive and then drowned.

2 hours ago, saminoz said:

Lol?  LOL??!!!

I find it quite loathsome that you can find this miscarriage of justice humorous while trying, desperately, still to deflect on this travesty.

It has been a while but I forget what,exactly, are your vested interests in this case, and Death Island in particular?

No matter what forum this scapegoating is brought back to life on, it is remarkable that you always seem to be at the forefront of those trying desperately to give the keystone cops some credibility and to try to spin any attention whatsoever away from the headman's family.

I forget the other ID you were using after the actual murders and during the farce of a trial, but the Disco Dan moniker refers to, presumably, your role as the lead spin doctor?

What I am really interested in is why you are so concerned about them having their final appeal accepted?

Was ThailandJohnThailand by any chance i seem to remember he flew out the woodwork any time this case turned up!

7 hours ago, iReason said:

One tourist  murder suspect now arrested, another on the run 

"Eighth Region Police Command commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Panya Mamen identified the first suspect as Mon."

"He was arrested after evidence which police collected were examined and proved he was involved, he said."

"He also said another suspect is also a son of that village headman."

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-tourist-murder-suspect-now-arrested-another-run/

:coffee1:

1.png

And what happened to this Policeman?

Mon is still on the Island of course. And the Headman's son? I don't think he still studies at Bangkok University.

Mafia...Police...Local officials...Scapegoats. Not necessarily in that order. This is a country where you can buy your way out of murder. It's under the carpet or it's a scapegoat or just blatant two tier justice system. This is a very dangerous and corrupt country. Don't be fooled.

6 hours ago, JLCrab said:

The above and the use of the word 'innocent' was written by the SamuiTimes reporter. It was not a statement by the defense attorneys.

"In its appeal, the council pointed to evidence that Win and Zaw had been denied justice and fairness throughout the case and are innocent despite the death sentence, according to Myanmar embassy special representative U Aung Myo Thant, who is also a lawyer working on the case with the council."

"“We have submitted throughout this whole process that the evidence does not support the death sentence and the two Myanmar men are innocent,” U Aung Myo Thant said on Monday."

https://www.mmtimes.com/news/two-myanmar-migrants-make-final-appeal-koh-tao-murder-case.html

Edited by EyeOfRa

6 hours ago, JLCrab said:

To the above: No -- insufficient grounds for conviction and 'innocent' are quite distinct legal concepts.

Really?  I know of one country in the world where 'unproven' is a legal judgement.  Otherwise it's innocent (not guilty) or guilty isn't it?

1 hour ago, Slip said:

Really?  I know of one country in the world where 'unproven' is a legal judgement.  Otherwise it's innocent (not guilty) or guilty isn't it?

Also, moving beyond semantics and legal technicalities into the realm of (almost) universal ethics and morality, let us remember:

"Article 11.

(1) Everyone charged with a penal offence has the right to be presumed innocent until proved guilty according to law in a public trial at which he has had all the guarantees necessary for his defence."

Universal Declaration of Human Rights

http://www.un.org/en/universal-declaration-human-rights/

Edited by EyeOfRa

9 hours ago, JLCrab said:

The above and the use of the word 'innocent' was written by the SamuiTimes reporter. It was not a statement by the defense attorneys.

For the record, the original source is the Myanmar Times, published 22 September 2017.

https://www.mmtimes.com/news/two-myanmar-migrants-make-final-appeal-koh-tao-murder-case.html

Two Myanmar migrants make final appeal in Koh Tao murder case

“We have submitted throughout this whole process that the evidence does not support the death sentence and the two Myanmar men are innocent,” U Aung Myo Thant said on Monday.

9 hours ago, JLCrab said:

8 hours ago, DiscoDan said:

Mon was only ruled out after payments were made

8 hours ago, DiscoDan said:

No never set foot on there no business interests there, I just don't buy the conspiracy

Then you are a paid troll and have consistently posted about the B2 being guilty.

8 hours ago, balo said:

I have to agree with discodan here, a lot of us don't  buy all the conspiracy theories posted online. In a case like this we need to listen to both sides , and even if I am not sure B2 did it , the case is  not 100% clear.

Of course you would, there is a group of you that have an agenda.

8 hours ago, sanemax said:

I do seem to recall that either Mon or the other one , produced CCTV evidence that showed that he was in BKK at the time of the murders , although there were some claims that this evidence was doctored . 

As I recall he was unlocatable  for a few days after the murders , and then three days later he shows up in BKK with CCTV footage showing that he was in BKK all along .

Some good questions. 

In the SamuiTimes article referenced in post #1 this topic, the lawyer quoted did not use the term 'innocent'. A trial can result in a not guilty verdict which has no bearing on whether the defendant was actually culpable of the crime just that sufficient evidence to prove that fact was not submitted by the prosecution.

In the quote offered in MMTimes, the lawyer uses the word 'innocent'. The Thai Supreme Court could overturn the decisions of the Samui District and Appeals Court based upon insufficient evidence as provided by the Thai Prosecution with out determining that the 2 convicted are innocent, just that evidence was not provided sufficient for their conviction in the case of a death-penalty crime.

Edited by JLCrab