iPhone 6 Plus extremely slow after iOS 11 update

arkom

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This iOS 11 is rubbish... I upgraded in beta testing so expected some glitches, but it was so slow... when the official update arrived I expected improvement, there were none - it was still painfully slow.

I hope this iOS 11.1 update fixes these issues or I will be forced to down-grade to iOS 10 again.

48 minutes ago, MJCM said:

11.1 is out now

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Guess it can't be any worse and presume is basically a fix.

Line, Messenger etc still very slow to load and have really missed having the instant camera on the desktop available without wasting time to unlock.

Think i'll check first though

33 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

This iOS 11 is rubbish... I upgraded in beta testing so expected some glitches, but it was so slow... when the official update arrived I expected improvement, there were none - it was still painfully slow.

I hope this iOS 11.1 update fixes these issues or I will be forced to down-grade to iOS 10 again.

I looked at downgrading don't think it's possible if it is please come back to us it would be worth it just for th instant camera

3 hours ago, cheeryble said:

Guess it can't be any worse and presume is basically a fix.

Line, Messenger etc still very slow to load and have really missed having the instant camera on the desktop available without wasting time to unlock.

Think i'll check first though

Still able move your finger on unlock screen from right to left it's open cam form right to left open events to come

1 hour ago, pby92 said:

Still able move your finger on unlock screen from right to left it's open cam form right to left open events to come

Yes today saw I could open the control centre but it’s a bit hit and miss so far

well that will be one gripe out of the way

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

why is your iPhone 6 plus so slow?

If you’re still using one of the early versions of iOS 11 (or the ios 12 beta), the first thing you should do is check for updates. It usually takes a couple of weeks for a new OS to stable out. Go to Settings -> General -> Software Update and update to the latest available software.

Check Your Battery Health. On your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings -> Battery -> Battery Health.

Clear out App Cache to Fix a Slow iPhone:
Step 1: Go to Settings > then, General > and finally to iPhone Storage.
Step 2: Find apps which are taking up a lot of space and delete them.

Delete some useless apps or large useless data to free up your iPhone storage.

• 11 months later...
On 9/25/2017 at 6:57 PM, soumanioco said:

Here are your options:

Backup the phone to iCloud or iTunes.

Do a factory reset and restore from the backup. 

Or,

Do a factory reset and set up as new phone. 

Download the IPSW file and do a DFU restore. (You hit option on Mac or shift key while clicking "check for update" on iTunes, then select the IPSW to update)

If the problem is still there, and most likely it will be cos even IP8 and IP8+ stutter on iOS 11, just wait for the nex .0.1 update that will probably roll our tomorrow -not soon enough for a great deal of people. 

If the phone is unusable you can always go back to 10.3.3 provided you have an archived backup of 10.3.3 on iTunes. 

Solved my problem. Thank you very much.

Archived