Border Run from Pattaya

I just did one to vientiane in laos.

It was very easy.

Train bkk to NK (nong khai) - aproximately 700km sleeper train aproximately 1100 baht - 12 hours aproximately travel time.

NK to vientianne

40 Baht Tuk tuk to border

then 1500 baht for laos visa

Then 200 baht to vientiane cc.

Mali namphu hotel aprox 600 baht a night good breakfast. 100 baht to rue boucharine consulate. Arrive early before opens at 8 30. 

Wait 1 day

Collect visa 1.30pm 1 day layer.

Visa cost dependent on visa you apply for. Say 1500 tourist visa.

Get back to nong khai train station in 1.5 hours easy.

Over road on left is a food/beer place drink and eat aproximately 200 baht includes 3-4 Leo's. 

Get 6ish train back to bkk

Get 160 baht mini bus back to pattaya.

Done in max 72 hours and cost 

Can be done easily in a leisurely painless manner for well under 8000 baht.

12 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

It was very easy.

Train bkk to NK (nong khai) - <snip>

Just to make it clear: the topic title suggests a "border run" (just out/in) and not a visa run to get a new visa in a neighboring country.

17 hours ago, minted50 said:

visa border run

Sounds like you have a multiple entry visa and want to "get stamped".

Did I get that right?

For that Vientiane would be way too far.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, minted50 said:

Could someone help me out  please, and tell me where to get

me, the quickest , cheapest and most painless  trip to

get a visa border run from Pattaya,

Thanks in advance.

Cheapest and Quickest is ~400 Baht one-way to the Ban Laem, Cambodia crossing.  Direct mini-bus leaves daily from Tesco on Threppasit @ Sukumvit.  Have a Thai-fluent person call 061-44-30-848 for details / verify departure times - but my experience is they leave approximately every hour 7 to 10, but this depends on demand, as they do not leave 1/2 empty.  The same service returns with buses leaving until approx 4PM from Ban Laem to Pattaya.

You will be riding with Cambodian migrant-workers, but not to worry - they are usually better-dressed and as or more polite than many farangs :-).  Also, I did not experience crazy driving, when I used them.  Do not expect them to understand any English, though.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

It was very easy.

Train bkk to NK (nong khai) - aproximately 700km sleeper train aproximately 1100 baht - 12 hours aproximately travel time.

NK to vientianne

Mali namphu hotel aprox 600 baht a night good breakfast. 100 baht to rue boucharine consulate. Arrive early before opens at 8 30. 

Wait 1 day

Over road on left is a food/beer place drink and eat aproximately 200 baht includes 3-4 Leo's. 

Guessing you didnt see the " quickest, cheapest and the fact hes in pattaya" bit of his post then:cheesy:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Guessing you didnt see the " quickest, cheapest and the fact hes in pattaya" bit of his post then:cheesy:

I saw the word painless too, so provided a painless solution.  Sitting in a minibus for 10 hours is painful to me. 2600 baht minibus does not include the border and visa fees? If so, add 3500 to that and you are on 6100. If poster wants to save 1900 that's his choice but for me personally the extra 1900 baht to do something on my own time would be a lot less painful.

This is of course if the 2600 baht Visa run does not include the visas.

My 8000 baht recommendation also provides runner with his own choice of accomodation his own choice of eateries and accounts for a few beers along the way oh and it factors in a first class sleeper train to get a good nights kip.

20 hours ago, minted50 said:

Could someone help me out  please, and tell me where to get

me, the quickest , cheapest and most painless  trip to

get a visa border run from Pattaya,

Thanks in advance.

The visa on arrival would only be for 15 days. 

easy

walk in to a travel agent in soi Buakhao, book your trip to Cambodia and don't worry about anything.

you need to bring 2 passport photos (but you can also get these at the border).

they will pick you up at 6 am at your place, and you will be back in Pattaya around 3-4 o clock. fee includes some snacks & water outbound and lunch in a restaurant on the way back.

trouble free; I do this every 3 months.

thaisabai

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Cheapest and Quickest is ~400 Baht one-way to the Ban Laem, Cambodia crossing.  Direct mini-bus leaves daily from Tesco on Threppasit @ Sukumvit.  Have a Thai-fluent person call 061-44-30-848 for details / verify departure times - but my experience is they leave approximately every hour 7 to 10, but this depends on demand, as they do not leave 1/2 empty.  The same service returns with buses leaving until approx 4PM from Ban Laem to Pattaya.

You will be riding with Cambodian migrant-workers, but not to worry - they are usually better-dressed and as or more polite than many farangs :-).  Also, I did not experience crazy driving, when I used them.  Do not expect them to understand any English, though.

Haha, yeah, 1/2 of my last run was Cambodians.  Not a peep out of them. They keep their heads down as they say, and are not there to make waves.

2 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

I saw the word painless too, so provided a painless solution.  Sitting in a minibus for 10 hours is painful to me. 2600 baht minibus does not include the border and visa fees? If so, add 3500 to that and you are on 6100. If poster wants to save 1900 that's his choice but for me personally the extra 1900 baht to do something on my own time would be a lot less painful.

This is of course if the 2600 baht Visa run does not include the visas.

My 8000 baht recommendation also provides runner with his own choice of accomodation his own choice of eateries and accounts for a few beers along the way oh and it factors in a first class sleeper train to get a good nights kip.

the 2,600baht does include all fees, which would work out about the same as the 400 baht each way Cambodian express, but that way would be without the breakfast, minibus ride is only a few hours each way, so the 8,000 baht Lao trip is rather more expensive.

• Like 1

Just now, steve187 said:

the 2,600baht does include all fees, which would work out about the same as the 400 baht each way Cambodian express, but that way would be without the breakfast, minibus ride is only a few hours each way, so the 8,000 baht Lao trip is rather more expensive.

Just to clarify steve. 

The 2600 includes:

Laos visa - 1500 baht

Visa fee - starting from 1500 baht pending type?

If it does that's a shockingly good price 

Cambodian Border Bounce from Pattaya:

• Minibus from Tesco Threppasit round-trip = 760 (I paid 380 recently on the return-leg). 
  • Visa On Arrival - show up with USD $30 in exact change (not the Baht rip-off exchange-rate).  Add 100 Baht "tip" if staying overnight, or 300 Baht "tip" if doing a same-day return.  Total Cambodian Visa cost < 1100 or 1300 Baht.

Total Transport Cost = 2060 Baht, if doing it same-day (and you don't have to leave at the crack of dawn).

-----------------

If going to Laos - only makes sense from Pattaya if going to get a Tourist Visa - not a border-bounce:

• Bus to Bangkok Morchit =~150 Baht (I think less).  So < 300 round-trip.
  • Overnight VIP with 3x-across seats (choose set by yourself if solo) =< 600 Baht (Chan Tour Company for Vientiane, with 220V AC-Power outlet at your seat).  You will arrive in time to submit your passport (unlike the Train to Vientiane, which may not).  With return, cost < 1200 Baht.
  • Lao Visa = $35 (less for some) - pay in USD (not the Baht rip-off exchange-rate).

Total Transport Costs ~= 2650 Baht

It's about the same costs for Mukdahan, if going to Savanahket for a visa, but more decrepit VIP buses and wake-up music at 5:30 AM - though still 3-seats across, so you can sleep (at least until the music starts).

• Like 1

If I could explain please. I have done 1 border run which wasn't pleasant but a necessity. Then I got a retirement visa , happy happy.

Then I got cancer, back in uk for 3 years. Back to Patts with multi o visa,

home for treatment every 3 months. Now I stay for 6 months and have to do a border run.Thanks for the replies

• Like 1

Just now, minted50 said:

If I could explain please. I have done 1 border run which wasn't pleasant but a necessity. Then I got a retirement visa , happy happy.

home for treatment every 3 months. Now I stay for 6 months and have to do a border run.Thanks for the replies

Ok well i wish you all the best but you need to explain what might be difficult for you?

The visa run in a van? 

If so, what options do you have and it sounds like you need to look at the comfort aspect and doing things at your own pace?

What is your budget like?

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, minted50 said:

If you leave every 3 months, your Non-O Multi should work without any Border-Runs, as each entry lasts 90-days. 

If your stays are over 90-days, and you wish to avoid border-runs, you could always get a 1-year retirement-based extension in-country, at your local immigration office, if you meet the financial qualifications.  Add a multi re-entry permit to that, and you could come and go for a year without border-runs.  Near the end of that year, apply for another 1-year extension and re-entry permit - repeating indefinitely. 

If, for some reason, you could not be in Thailand close to the end of your 1-year extension to renew, you would need to get a Non-O Visa in the UK (could be a single-entry type), and then re-apply for the 1-year extension upon your return.

12 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Ok well i wish you all the best but you need to explain what might be difficult for you?

The visa run in a van? 

If so, what options do you have and it sounds like you need to look at the comfort aspect and doing things at your own pace?

What is your budget like?

He is asking about doing a border hop to get a new entry from his multiple entry visa. He just needs to go to the nearest border crossing to do that. From Pattaya to the Cambodian border is not very far.

You posted about doing a trip to get a new visa in Vientiane which is a much longer trip.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ubonjoe said:

He is asking about doing a border hop to get a new entry from his multiple entry visa. He just needs to go to the nearest border crossing to do that. From Pattaya to the Cambodian border is not very far.

You posted about doing a trip to get a new visa in Vientiane which is a much longer trip.

Ok sound. I'll send you the apps later for vientiane btw they are two sided though not sure if that's an issue for printing out.

5 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Ok sound. I'll send you the apps later for vientiane btw they are two sided though not sure if that's an issue for printing out.

If you scanned both sides of the form it will not be a problem to print them on a single sheet.

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 12:21 PM, Rc2702 said:

It was very easy.

NK to vientianne

Wait 1 day

He's looking for a painless and cheap, not a tour of Thailand, border run from Pattaya.....This is not cheap and not painless....  

• Like 1