September 25, 20179 yr I moved house a few weeks ago, both the old and new address are in samut prakan though. According to this only the home owners have to report it? http://www.samutprakanimmigration.go.th/ Q. Does my Thai wife have to report my address to Immigration? A. Homeowners must inform Immigration within 24 hours if they have a foreigner staying at their house. This can be done using form TM30. This only needs to be done the first time. Homeowners face a fine of not exceeding 2,000 Baht while hotel managers could be fined 4,000 to 8,000 Baht. so I dont need to do anything then?
September 25, 20179 yr The TM30 for needs to be done by somebody. Many offices put the responsibility on the person being reported. As a tenant of a residence you can also fined for you not doing the report. There is also the TM28 change of address report that has a max fine of 5000 baht.
September 25, 20179 yr Author 2 hours ago, ubonjoe said: The TM30 for needs to be done by somebody. Many offices put the responsibility on the person being reported. As a tenant of a residence you can also fined for you not doing the report. There is also the TM28 change of address report that has a max fine of 5000 baht. Ok, and both of these have to be done in person right? I should probably just go in and report myself...
September 25, 20179 yr The home owner should but often don't and then you get fined. If you live in Samut Prakan then you will know they are very heavy handed on this issue and won accept any excuses, even valid ones.
September 26, 20179 yr I changed address almost 3 months ago, but unlike yourself, mine was from one province to another. As I was renting I had to sign the lease, and a copy of this, together with a copy of the Landlords ID and house-book, I attended immigration at Nakhon Pathom. After speaking with the girl on the information desk, I was directed to an IO who, within 10 minutes, had everything entered into the system, attached a change of address paper to my passport, gave me a TM 28 and 30, and advised me that once completed they could be returned within a week. My niece did the next day after the landlord signed the relevant paper and I was not required to return. I returned the following month for my 90 day report, in and out within 5 minutes. Both pleasurable experiences. Fortunately, I am able to speak Thai which, no doubt, helped in expediting the matters and made the visits quite pleasant. Given the conversation went from my immediate needs to personal, if I had a Thai wife and family, what was my country of origin and did I like Thailand, etc., etc. It gave me the impression that not many foreigners, at least in Nakhon Pathom, cannot converse in Thai. It has certainly helped me, so if the ex-pats take a little time to learn the basics, then maybe they will find their visits will go a lot more smoothly. Edited September 26, 20179 yr by Si Thea01
September 26, 20179 yr On 9/25/2017 at 7:43 AM, davejonesbkk said: I moved house a few weeks ago, both the old and new address are in samut prakan though. According to this only the home owners have to report it? http://www.samutprakanimmigration.go.th/ Q. Does my Thai wife have to report my address to Immigration? A. Homeowners must inform Immigration within 24 hours if they have a foreigner staying at their house. This can be done using form TM30. This only needs to be done the first time. Homeowners face a fine of not exceeding 2,000 Baht while hotel managers could be fined 4,000 to 8,000 Baht. so I dont need to do anything then? Doesn't the regulation state that you have 24 hours to make these notifications? If so they may well go ahead and fine you anyway as you moved "a few weeks ago".
Create an account or sign in to comment