Machinist - clean up a threaded fitting

LivinginKata

Title says it all. Repeated use of the closing band on out swim pool filter. Repeated loosening and re-tighten has caused the threads to suffer. Any good garage should have taps and dies and a bit of knowledge on how to use. Any recommendation in Kata/Chalong area. Read about a place in Chalong on this forum but further read it had closed, maybe relocated. Thanks for any help.

Yes I know Bangkok Tool shop very well - great tool shop.

As it happens just some patience and lots of WD40 did the trick. I just worked the nut carefully and as soon as tight back off, clean and spray, repeat many times.

My poolman would never think about using oil from time to time. Just crack up nut as hard as possible until seize. I gave him a lesson on using oil and care. And a can of WD40.

Edited by LivinginKata

9 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Title says it all. Repeated use of the closing band on out swim pool filter. Repeated loosening and re-tighten has caused the threads to suffer. Any good garage should have taps and dies and a bit of knowledge on how to use. Any recommendation in Kata/Chalong area. Read about a place in Chalong on this forum but further read it had closed, maybe relocated. Thanks for any help.

7 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Yes I know Bangkok Tool shop very well - great tool shop.

As it happens just some patience and lots of WD40 did the trick. I just worked the nut carefully and as soon as tight back off, clean and spray, repeat many times.

My poolman would never think about using oil from time to time. Just crack up nut as hard as possible until seize. I game him a lesson on using oil and care.

Wrap plenty of PTFE tape round the male thread,it will stop any seizing in future :thumbsup: