Patong Police to call in Bangla bar, club owners over late-trading hours

webfact

Patong Police to call in Bangla bar, club owners over late-trading hours

The Phuket News

1506326213_1-org.jpg

Patong Police will call in Bangla bar and club operators to 'remind' them of closing times after several venues were found to be staying open as late as 5am. Photo: Mark Knowles / file

PHUKET: -- Patong Police this week will call in Patong entertainment business operators, namely bar and nightclub owners, to “clarify” closing times after several venues on Bangla Rd were found to be staying open as late as 5am, the Patong Police Chief has confirmed to The Phuket News.

“We need to repeat to entertainment venue operators what the closing times are by law after we found some venues are still closing very late,” Patong Police Chief Col Tassanai Orarigadech told The Phuket News today (Sept 25).

Col Tassanai hinted that the bar and nightclub operators are likely to be called in either tomorrow or Wednesday (Sept 26-27).

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-09-25

28 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Coming out of a nightclub at 6am to see the sun just rising shouldn't be spoilt. Lets face it, the majority of tourists are here for the booze and women, why be in denial.

No, they're not, the majority, the vast majority, are here on a family vacation.

Do agree with you though that there is no reason at all to deny those that want to a late night Bangla visit.

I was sitting at a friend's bar the other evening when a Thai owner with "friends in places" came by to signal that closing time that night (morning) was 3 am.

So my question to my friend was, "what is the normal closing time these days?"

His answer, "we don't really know, it's all over the place". 

The brown envelopes are creating confusion amongst the BIB, Army/Navy, officials and those folk who own the larger venues!

Edited by xylophone

6 minutes ago, pattayadgw said:

No mention of WHAT THE CLOSING TIMNES ARE???

From the FULL article- for some reason the usual link was not provided.

"In that crackdown, officials forced all bars and clubs within the designated “entertainment zone” in Patong to close at the legal time of 1am, while those outside the zone were ordered to close at midnight." Only ever lasts a few days though when it is 'enforced'.

10 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

From the FULL article- for some reason the usual link was not provided.

"In that crackdown, officials forced all bars and clubs within the designated “entertainment zone” in Patong to close at the legal time of 1am, while those outside the zone were ordered to close at midnight." Only ever lasts a few days though when it is 'enforced'.

Ah, so the 3 am closing time I mentioned was a "special"...........but I have been wending my way back from Bangla at around 1.30 to 1.45 am in recent times and people are still queuing to get into Illuzion disco and the bands are still pumping out music??

I think there is one set of rules for local BIBs and one for those who visit from Bangkok, so I've heard.

“We need to repeat to entertainment venue operators what the closing times are by law after we found some venues are still closing very late,” Patong Police Chief Col Tassanai Orarigadech told The Phuket News"

How many times does the Police Chief need to remind  (repeat) the owners when to close ?

I have only been here about 10 years and nothing seems to have changed in Bangla Road?

When are the authorities going to get their heads around the idea that the west coast of Phuket is a 'holiday destination'.  Yes holiday destination = families and singles coming here to enjoy themselves.  Families going home to their hotels after a night out for some food and entertainment and singles doing the same but then dancing the night away (if so desire) into the wee hours like any other civilized tourist area allows around the world.  Its not hindering on any families who go home early and it's keeping all others happy by allowing them to ENJOY THEMSELVES...  WHAT'S THE PROBLEM???

14 hours ago, Lingba said:

In other words...we are on the doorstep to high season and its time to renegotiate our "agreements"

Yes. Methinks you are on the money.  Despite the open announcements about closing places down, goodness, so many tourists go to Patong and enjoy a late night out.  Don't need the whole island to be open late, but what is wrong with a few entertainment areas?  I personally wasn't very impressed with Bangla Road, but it was worth a visit.