Who do I call to remove a monitor lizard from my roofspace?

Tapster

Following on from my thread in April this year, I now need to get rid of our resident monitor lizard as he's probably going to crash through the plasterboard ceiling of my workshop sooner or later.

Also, I think he may have damaged some wiring as two of my ceiling lights have stopped working.

The electrician won't want to meet the lizard and I think the time has come for him to go.

Who does this sort of dangerous animal removal?

I think I read about a free service for snake removal. Do they do lizards as well?

Many thanks for any advice.

16 minutes ago, Tapster said:

Following on from my thread in April this year, I now need to get rid of our resident monitor lizard as he's probably going to crash through the plasterboard ceiling of my workshop sooner or later.

Also, I think he may have damaged some wiring as two of my ceiling lights have stopped working.

The electrician won't want to meet the lizard and I think the time has come for him to go.

Who does this sort of dangerous animal removal?

I think I read about a free service for snake removal. Do they do lizards as well?

Many thanks for any advice.

Yes, they do. Don't know how up to date this is, but it may help,

I had seven of them in the garden and around my pond to get rid of, all hatched from eggs. Left it too long they all grew into 1 1/2 mtr monsters and I had to build a trap in order to locate them in the wild, can't help with who to contact but they like dead fish and dead birds if that's any help in luring him out, the riper the better.

P9090276.JPG

Trap1.jpg

Thank you all for the speedy replies.

Who says the Phuket forum is quietening down!!

:smile:

The roofspace is accessible along the eves so he can get in anywhere. I can't close it off because the eves are directly over the pool. I'd either have to levitate or put a ladder in the pool. Anyway, now he doesn't seem to come down from the roofspace. We haven't spotted him in the garden since April.

@Rimmer

Impressive cage! Did you build it yourself?

I'll try the phone numbers and post again with my results.

6 hours ago, pagallim said:

Try this number:   076 246 301.   Can't remember the name of the foundation, but this was the number we called a few years ago to catch and remove a snake.

I don't know this number, but Kusoldharm Foundation can be called under 076 246 216 or 076 211 706. These are the snake people.

On 9/26/2017 at 11:59 AM, Rimmer said:

I had seven of them in the garden and around my pond to get rid of, all hatched from eggs. Left it too long they all grew into 1 1/2 mtr monsters and I had to build a trap in order to locate them in the wild, can't help with who to contact but they like dead fish and dead birds if that's any help in luring him out, the riper the better.

P9090276.JPG

They are such beautiful animals. I had some when I lived a rural life in the South of Thailand, Trang, I had to threaten my neighbors to get them to stop eating them. Bastards. Hope you find a humane way to get rid of them but I would have to see a Thai throw away a meal.