PM Prayut promises to shorten his weekly address to just 20 minutes

webfact

PM promises to shorten his weekly address to just 20 minutes

By Thai PBS

2509010.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha vowed to carry on with his weekly “Returning Happiness to the People” address, but promised to shorten the address to only 20 minutes each week.

Giving a lecture at a seminar on educational development in Pattaya on Monday (Sept 25), the prime minister asked for an apology for not talking politely sometimes or with the media.

“What’s the point of talking (politely) as that does not sound to be sincere. To be sincere, I have to speak the way I used to be,” said the prime minister as he reminded his fans of his weekly address that his address this Friday would take only 20 minutes.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-promises-shorten-weekly-address-just-20-minutes/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-09-27

8 minutes ago, webfact said:

“What’s the point of talking (politely) as that does not sound to be sincere.

Isn't that the epitome of Thai culture? Jai yen and all that. Never showing any real human emotions. Talking politely all the time with a cool head. 

Guess some people are exempt from practicing what they preach. 

As for the 20 minutes, can we counter with 10?

I am not sure curbing his ramblings to 20 minutes will do much for "Returning Happiness to the People". At least they were previously able to switch off their TV sets for 40 to 60 minutes, allowing them much-needed quality family time together. May I suggest to General Prayuth to instead increase his self-absorbed monologue to at least 180 minutes and schedule it daily. That will give people even time to do do some light exercise or visit the mall or a nice restaurant.  

2 hours ago, webfact said:

the prime minister as he reminded his fans of his weekly address that his address this Friday would take only 20 minutes.

"Fans", suppose that is right.  There are three to four of these on this forum. 

Only 20 minutes ?  What is an autocracy without its long winded, self obsessed, supremo leader ? 

the prime minister asked for an apology for not talking politely sometimes or with the media"

Not quite sure I understand that. Prayut wants an apology because he is rude and acts like a schoolyard bully to the media? And according to him talking impolitely is a sign of sincerity. This man has deep seated egocentric psychological problems.

he reminded his fan/s

Fan Club Membership #1 - Steven100.

42 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

"Fans", suppose that is right.  There are three to four of these on this forum. 

Only 20 minutes ?  What is an autocracy without its long winded, self obsessed, supremo leader ? 

The rest of propaganda will be done in endless patriotic soap operas.

Ha! It's taken him this long to find out that very few are listening so have a trial a cut it short. Hmm, having said that maybe he has said to much in the past that was...re...inaccurate(?) so let have less time for mistakes like that.

12 minutes ago, Beats56 said:

Why does he have to on nearly all the tv channels. One would be enough.

If it was only on one channel, no one would watch that channel. It's called market saturation. Although I doubt very much many Thais are buying what he is selling.