Officer admits driving Yingluck to escape to border

webfact

30 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Agreed, and I hope the day comes soon when the general removes the first 4 or 5 layers of all of the RTP,  and more, to house arrest or whatever and installs some trusted high performing ethical people from outside.

To root out corruption, the first thing that the general needs to do is remove himself and his buddies at the NCPO !

Just now, TKDfella said:

I imagine there is a 'fail safe' here somewhere. My guess would be that someone much higher in rank gave the order and this policeman agreed to be the scapegoat...for a price.

Of course, but at least Prayuth now suddenly claims he knows where Yingluck is, and will tell us about now I think. 

Of course he didn't really need "spies" to know of her whereabouts..

3 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

I imagine there is a 'fail safe' here somewhere. My guess would be that someone much higher in rank gave the order and this policeman agreed to be the scapegoat...for a price.

I don't disagree. But I would go even further. I think it was an agreed deal between the current administration and the Shinawatras.

The current game of "find out how she escaped" is truly a textbook case of smoke and mirrors. Nothing but a charade. And as you say, this policeman is just playing his bit part, for some sort of recompense.

2 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

So, not charges of helping someone on trial to flee from justice.

Truly, as the Fun Boy  Three said "The lunatics have taken over the asylum"

Some of the other lyrics in that track are also apt to the current times we live in...

They already established that they could not be charged with that as they helped them before the warrant was issued, they just drove someone to the border, that is not a crime even if they knew that if they did not come back quickly they would then become a fugitive.

12 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

They already established that they could not be charged with that as they helped them before the warrant was issued, they just drove someone to the border, that is not a crime even if they knew that if they did not come back quickly they would then become a fugitive.

Nah, that's mealy mouthed BS from someone trying to cover their derriere.

Someone flees the country before a major verdict and you help them?

That cannot be anything, but a crime.

Edited by Bluespunk

3 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

This is a long way from over.  It will be interesting how much they charge these guys and what they get as punishment.

If it is true justice they will lose everything they have and d0 a couple of years in prison.

All the finances for his family should also be watched

555 you have not been here long. If he does go to jail it would be to protect the people above him. If he should tell the truth or step out of line he will hang himself after hitting himself over the head with blunt object (which could not be found) in a locked cell on the 6 th floor of a secured police or army facility. Oh I forgot he CCTV cameras was not working for the hour before and after his death. 

Just now, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

555 you have not been here long. If he does go to jail it would be to protect the people above him. If he should tell the truth or step out of line he will hang himself after hitting himself over the head with blunt object (which could not be found) in a locked cell on the 6 th floor of a secured police or army facility. Oh I forgot he CCTV cameras was not working for the hour before and after his death. 

Yeah, that seem to be the normal operation procedure in cases like this, it seems the junta in particular are found of this sort of thing...

Are it the investigators getting too clever (for their own superiors), or just plain stupid...?

There was no arrest warrant for YS at the time she left her home 'to travel around in Thailand'. And, even for a higher ranked police officer's brains, her not using her usual kind of transportation, dressed in black, with a black face mask and ditto cap is quite 'normal' (same as her, still unnamed 'secretary'), hey, those wealthy elite people sometimes have quite special whims... So far, not one dead bug on the windscreen. The more so after running the involved vehicles through the police car-wash till the paint comes off (joke)...

But, now, switch the loudest siren on: 'he', with all the organisation the 'operation' it supposes, already identified or soon to be, brought her to the border!

Splash, crash, all of you BiB participating to this, because of this, were plotters, conspirators then, as you all knew bloody well she could not leave the country!

Making it a criminal matter now... Ooops!

2 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Nah, that's mealy mouthed BS from someone trying to cover their derriere.

Someone flees the country before a major verdict and you help them?

That cannot be anything, but a crime.

Of course it can, it can be not a crime, it either is or it isn't, the law cannot be written retrospectively.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Officer admits driving Yingluck to escape to border

By Chalarntorn Yothasmutra

Police-admit-driving-27-Sep-17.jpg

A police officer admitted that has driven ex-premier Yingluck Shinawatra in a car to escape to the border. But he denied forging document charge after the car’s licence plate was proved to be fake.

The accused officer Pol Col Chairit Anurit, deputy commander of the Division 5 of Metropolitan Police Bureau (MPB) confessed that he and two subordinates helped to take the former premier out in a Toyota Camry car to Srakaeo border.

Now he faces charge of forging official documents after the license plate number of the car was proved to be fake.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/officer-admits-driving-yingluck-escape-border/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-09-27

Damn...missed the boat again..would have ridden her for nothing- plus lip service of course...

1 hour ago, Kieran00001 said:

Of course it can, it can be not a crime, it either is or it isn't, the law cannot be written retrospectively.

No. 

It is a criminal act. 

You are helping someone evade trial/sentence. Or at the least evade prosecution. 

Would everyone be so sanguine if someone was helping peodiphiles or rapist scum evade trial and sentencing. 

The puppets offences are nothing like those I mention, but the act of helping someone evade justice (or an approximation of such) is the same no matter the offence. 

Pure bs when bib say it is anything else, someone is trying to cover their ***. 

Edited by Bluespunk

57 minutes ago, jing jing said:

Mr. T, then?

Mr T ? I think it is quite clear he means someone that gives all the orders in Thailand, you know the one who claimed recently "I can do whatever I like' . Or in other words Thailand's resident dictator. 

It's so amusing, to get rid of Thaksin and his family, they now have someone who is leagues worse and cannot be voted out. The "Be careful what you wish for" warnings have been ignored, stupid people usually refuse to listen to well meant advice...

19 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

No. 

It is a criminal act. 

You are helping someone evade trial/sentence. Or at the least evade prosecution. 

Would everyone be so sanguine if someone was helping peodiphiles or rapist scum evade trial and sentencing. 

The puppets offences are nothing like those I mention, but the act of helping someone evade justice (or an approximation of such) is the same no matter the offence. 

Well, apparently she did not have any restrictions travelling inside of Thailand. So in that respect, transporting her to the border is no criminal offense. Let's be honest here, it is quite clear the authorities have turned a blind eye or were actively involved in her escape. Why the worries about someone breaking the law, when the current rulers of this country have quite clearly broken a few laws here and there and getting away with it, no questions asked ? 

The law in Thailand means absolutely nothing, justice does not exist, any pretence to the contrary is naieve. 

Edited by sjaak327

3 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

Well, apparently she did not have any restrictions travelling inside of Thailand. So in that respect, transporting her to the border is no criminal offense. Let's be honest here, it is quite clear the authorities have turned a blind eye or were actively involved in her escape. Why the worries about someone breaking the law, when the current rulers of this country have quite clearly broken a few laws here and there and getting away with it, no questions asked ? 

The law in Thailand means absolutely nothing, justice does not exist, any pretence to the contrary is naieve. 

Oh I have no illusions there. 

26 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

No. 

It is a criminal act. 

All I can see in the law is aiding someone who has committed a criminal offence so that they can not be arrested and aiding someone escape custody, neither of those apply, so just what is this mystery law that you are certain exists?

2 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

All I can see in the law is aiding someone who has committed a criminal offence so that they can not be arrested and aiding someone escape custody, neither of those apply, so just what is this mystery law that you are certain exists?

Evading prosecution. 

Evading sentencing. 

Evading justice. 

The driver will walk. The car was registered in someone's name and I am sure that hardly any driver knows who the owner is/are of the vehicle they drive. The DLT will be able to track down the owner based on frame/engine number - provided anyone is really interested. 

Yingluck had not domestic travel ban so the driver did nothing illegal by driving her to Sakaew. Sneaking across the border though is a different thing and Burberry boots are not the most ideal footwear. Would be more ideal on an airlift straight out of Don Meuang or Utapao and nobody would ever find out. 

The whole story stinks; as before mentioned, worse than Thai Anchovies or - Pla Raa but honestly, who cares? If anyone was tagged in this land then it was her. Good riddance and getting out of the painted corner some people painted themselves into - but I could be wrong! 

5 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Evading prosecution. 

Evading sentencing. 

Evading justice. 

can you quote the relevant statute that relates to driving a Thai citizen in Thailand?

if they didn't cross the border then what have they done?

Edited by AGareth2

14 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

This is a long way from over.  It will be interesting how much they charge these guys and what they get as punishment.

If it is true justice they will lose everything they have and d0 a couple of years in prison.

All the finances for his family should also be watched

..i doubt they would be sent to prison for false plates..after all no warrant had been issued to arrest/detain her, all they did was take the lady for a ride..there was also no restrictions on her passport.

3 hours ago, AGareth2 said:

can you quote the relevant statute that relates to driving a Thai citizen in Thailand?

if they didn't cross the border then what have they done?

They helped someone on trial evade prosecution and sentencing. 

Conspiracy to pervert the course of justice (or an approximation of such). 

Best chance of prosecuting them (as someone just reading a translation of the legal code, not as a lawyer) would would come under chapter 6. Principles and supporters. Sure a charge could come via this, if they wanted to prosecute...

Edited by Bluespunk

On Wednesday, September 27, 2017 at 5:34 PM, chrisinth said:

I'm not sure what charges could be brought against them as at the time (AFAIK) Yingluk wasn't restricted on travel inside Thailand. And if indeed this was a confiscated vehicle used by the police, what plates were on it when he got it?

Again, IMHO, this colonel and associates did not hatch this evacuation plan by himself and sell it to the ex-prime minister, somebody told him what to do.

I wonder who planned it, 3 possiblities, one internal or one external or a combination of the first two. 

It's very simple. Prayut let her go.  He didn't need the hassle.  And now he's managed to  - a certain extend - appease the PAD lunatics be giving her a 5 year sentence.  He probably drove her to her private jet himself and told her to pass on his regards to Red Bull guy.  Some here called all this smoke and mirrors, but that would imply that you're fooling someone, and no one is fooled.  The junta are far to stupid to play the smoke and mirrors game.  They'd have trouble playing Monopoly (the game I mean)