webfact

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, JAG said:

And at the time of the 2014 coup was standing, entirely legally, as a candidate in an entirely constitutional election.

If you are going to be pedantic, it behoves you to be accurate...

Pedantic - that would be the mentioning of inconvenient facts would it? 

She was still removed from office by a court not a coup. Which you know very well to be the case. Or have you granted yourself "amnesty" from having to be accurate too?

4 hours ago, mark131v said:

The little general and his cohorts certainly do a good job of looking totally clueless on all levels, surely that level of ineptitude takes many years of practice to perfect to such a high degree, just about the only thing they seem to have a knack for really....

What makes you think Prayut didn't know what was going on? Jail her for five years of continued trouble or get her out and soon forgot? Thais supported her because they were paid. No money no memory. The "escape" was the better move.

10 minutes ago, NeoDinosaw said:

James Bond will be assigned to protect her.  Mrs May will welcome her with open arms in private.  We love the way she spends so much money......

Maybe the pound will recover now  

More likely, I think, that Jeremy Corbyn and John McDonnell will be welcoming her with open arms - and as a source of inspiration and tips as to how Labour can best squander British taxpayers' money should, heaven forbid, they win an election resulting from the crumbling of the Tory/DUP coalition.

And, rather than recovering, the pound will probably fall to parity with the satang..:crazy:

Edited by OJAS

3 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

She was still removed from office by a court not a coup. Which you know very well to be the case. Or have you granted yourself "amnesty" from having to be accurate too?

3 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Pendantry requires the present tense, 3rd person singular - behooves. 

Edited by jgarbo

9 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

I didn't say that she was removed from office by the coup now did I. I said that at the time of the coup " she was standing, entirely legally, as a candidate in an entirely constitutional election."

As I said, it behooves you (thank you "jgarbo") to be accurate; as for granting oneself amnesties, remind us whose little specialty that is? In the cause of accuracy of course....

Edited by JAG

Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha, the army chief who led the coup, said Thailand would pursue Yingluck through diplomatic channels and police cooperation using Interpol.

Excuse me General, but you cannot pursue her through diplomatic channels or Interpol because she has was not convicted of an extraditable offence and you know this very well already. But, if it is possible to extradite her, why have you failed to extradite her brother?  Apart from that there has clearly been no attempt to extradite Thai fugitives abroad that are wanted for extraditable offences, e.g. Boss, Wattana Pracha, just to name a few.  Why not pull your finger out and go after those and you might actually be able to show some results.     

2 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Terrible spies.

Heaven forbid Thailand ever gets invaded with this lot in charge. 

But we also have to think about it----which neighbors have the power to do Thailand any harm---invading would be harmful to any adjoining country. 

20 minutes ago, SoulWater said:

I don't really get it - did she get 5 years for mismansging a policy (something that politicians do on a daily basis) I can't find anything saying she would benefit personally from seeing the scheme call

Smoke and mirrors nothing to do with me anyways

28 posts, seems that you should check the main facts before you post.

By the way your 'line' has been used already a million times and refuted, with facts, a million times.

2 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

He got a pardon from Trump..

They're all the rage..:shock1:

3 hours ago, JAG said:

And at the time of the 2014 coup was standing, entirely legally, as a candidate in an entirely constitutional election.

If you are going to be pedantic, it behoves you to be accurate...

That does not fit the narrative of course. Some people on her are trying everything in their power to somehow justify the coup, from Yingluck was already removed (as if that means she wasn't replaced by someone else, and as if the government suddenly lost their care taker status) to people claiming there was no government at all.

It is vain, the coup was illegal and unjustified, and the fact that the prepetrators granted themself an amnesty makes any conviction for "political crimes" unjust and invalid, including Yingluck's. 

2 hours ago, ginjag said:

But we also have to think about it----which neighbors have the power to do Thailand any harm---invading would be harmful to any adjoining country. 

Thailand actually lost their last war to... Lao PDR ! And I am not joking. The vietnamese would eat the Thai for breakfast, granted their are not direct neighbours. 

And, I think even the cambodians might give the Thai a run for their money, but don't quote me on that :D

People don't seem to grasp the fact that she is a 'convicted criminal' in Thailand only.  As far as extradition laws go, no country, treaty or not, is obliged to arrest her and return her to Thailand.  Thailand can 'request' her extradition if she's in a country where a treaty is in place, but that country will not take any action unless her 'crime' is recognised in that country.  I shouldn't imagine Yingluk's 'crime' is recognised in any country other than Thailand.  Although technically a 'convicted criminal' in Thailand, I doubt the rest of the world sees her as such.

You're safe YL.

6 minutes ago, Sandy Bottom said:

...Seen here in picture taken at North Pole with the the Thai Navy Submarine. ...

Say goodbye to all those juicy Alaskan King Crabs.  And the price of baby seal fur coats just skyrocketed.

I heard that she was stopped for speeding and received a hefty fine in Waldo.  "Where's Waldo?", you might ask.  Waldo, Florida.  Can't say she wasn't warned.

waldo fl.jpg

Edited by Damrongsak

LOL.  There's no "power struggle"; there's no "continuing saga".  'Just drama queens mongering their usual drivel.  The Shinawatras - at least these two - are gone & dusted.  From here on in they're just People Magazine filler and a picture here & there next to the family shrine bedecked with long-shriveled malai.   Time to say bu-bye.

4 hours ago, sjaak327 said:

Thailand actually lost their last war to... Lao PDR ! And I am not joking. The vietnamese would eat the Thai for breakfast, granted their are not direct neighbours. 

And, I think even the cambodians might give the Thai a run for their money, but don't quote me on that :D

They did do my friend but you are not suppose to know that

It is utterly .... unbelievable - what is happening there. Every time HE (The General) makes any comments about "The Fugitive" ......  and these interview snippets are shown on international TV News-Chanel's - it makes Thailand look ...... so bad!! 

Just yesterday HE announced that she is in Dubai - and on the same Day there were News purported - that she had left Dubai weeks ago - for London????

Edited by Awinkl
adding

10 hours ago, Abilene said:

The last thing the authorities want is to find her living in a country where they can extradite her. 

Agree Abiline.

The longer she can successfully stay in self imposed exile somewhere -- without being extradited -- the better.

Whatever grief she suffers over all that time will be added to the 5 years prison she eventually might suffer if she returns home. (unless the sentence somehow ever gets overturned).

Meanwhile the red-shirt activities could be minimal and declining after two Shinawatts?

Yes Janpharma-- How do the "red shirts" feel about this knowing that their "icon" has stolen billions of dollars from the Thai people?

Yingluk's denials are probably still accepted by the brainwashed rice growers, but surely their money loss will fade it away?  Wasn't it her promise of money that originally got them excited?

ABBA    "money money money in a rich mans world"

Edited by Goong Ying

Ok she has been convicted and now fugitive Now lets bring to trail all the corrupt officials in Thailand who stole money illegally The courtroom would not be big enough to hold them all.  I am afraid they dont want to know where she is because they never want her back Saves big headache The deputy Prime Minister and her brother sorted that out in London meeting on the next move for her. It is called you scratch my back and i will scratch yours  They certainly do a lot of scratching in Thailand