DSI suspects deadly foul play in B1.4bn Phuket land swindle

rooster59

DSI suspects deadly foul play in B1.4bn Phuket land swindle

Eakkapop Thongtub

1506742091_1-org.jpg

PHUKET: Department of Special Investigation (DSI) Deputy Chief Lt Col Prawut Wongsrinil suspects that a Phuket man’s death “might not have been an accident” amid a B1.4 billion land swindle for a plot with “sea views” on the island’s east coast.

Col Prawut revealed the news while DSI and forestry officials inspected the plots in question, near Mission Hills Phuket golf course, in Pa Khlok, Thalang, yesterday (Sept 29).

The investigation was launched after Rorma Wonglee, 80, alleged that a second SorKor 1land document had been issued using the same registration number as the SorKor 1 that her family had been issued for their family land.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/dsi-suspects-deadly-foul-play-in-b1-4bn-phuket-land-swindle-64110.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-09-30

A man who has died in an "accident" had agreed, just before his death, to sell 1.4 Billion bahts worth of land for 14 million, without the knowledge of any of his family? Yes, I would say that it definitely warrants some close attention as this sounds seriously implausible. The level of greed and disregard for life here never ceases to amaze me and I suspect this is another example of that.

Someone with access to tanks and troops should consider doing a coup and rid Thailand of all the corruption going on.

Off course that would mean they have to kick out the current rulers who have access to tanks and troops and who also promised to rid Thailand of all the corruption going on.

I predict a vacious circle coming up...

45 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

Someone with access to tanks and troops should consider doing a coup and rid Thailand of all the corruption going on.

Off course that would mean they have to kick out the current rulers who have access to tanks and troops and who also promised to rid Thailand of all the corruption going on.

Welcome to Prayutistan! The epicenter of Bahtism, corruption and inactive posts.

I'm always baffled by these land issues

- chanotes bear their loads of signature (officials); how is it they can't solve the issue of genuineness between two documents in a matter of minutes

- I guess the land departments keeps its own records.. same conclusion as above: cleared within minutes

- how can a land that has a status of "protected forest" have a market value of 100MTHB/rai? birdwatchers clubs?

53 minutes ago, greenchair said:

Why do we never see these land officials being prosecuted in the courts. 

They no full well about the fake documents and the land scams, but never seem to get prosecuted. 

Cause they are sent to inactive posts being vacant government land and forests! lol

1 hour ago, greenchair said:

Why do we never see these land officials being prosecuted in the courts. 

They no full well about the fake documents and the land scams, but never seem to get prosecuted. 

Because they never make it out of jail alive while waiting for court...

5 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

Did you mean vacuous or vicious? Either adjective will do.

On 9/30/2017 at 5:26 PM, LivinginKata said:

1.4 billion baht dodgy deal - who would think there might be some 'deadly' foul play .... neeeeever

Gotta hand it to those DSI folks.  :whistling:

Real Sherlock Holmes' of Thailand types. Who would have ever guessed!

Now let's see how many years, if ever, it takes for the elderly lady in this case to get her land rights restored to her.

21 hours ago, steelepulse said:

100 million a rai in Pa Khlok?  Not sure that's a correct assessment for some land in the hills.

Clearly must have been a typo. 1.4 billion divided by 140 rai is 10 million per rai. Still on the high side for that area but not crazy. Maybe protected forest land is valued higher :)

On 9/30/2017 at 5:55 PM, darksidedog said:

A man who has died in an "accident" had agreed, just before his death, to sell 1.4 Billion bahts worth of land for 14 million, without the knowledge of any of his family? Yes, I would say that it definitely warrants some close attention as this sounds seriously implausible. The level of greed and disregard for life here never ceases to amaze me and I suspect this is another example of that.

Yep. But remember the billionaire who died in a somewhat circumspect car accident, shortly after transferring billions to the driver, his pregnant mistress (who the driver/bf denied even knowing) and another floozy? The victims family knew nothing of the transfer, the Stock exchange found evidence of fraud in the transactions, and they even got Toyota experts over from Japan to confirm the car his a tree at very low speed.

Well that all seems to have disappeared when the local area prosecutor simply refused to press charges. The driver was an ex high ranking policeman and ex MP - which of cause had nothing to do with the decision!

Edited by Baerboxer